McDavid or Matthews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Do you want an elite winger-esque center that is extremely speedy and puts up points (mainly secondary assists)?

Or do you want the elite Selke calibre big center that dominates both ends of the ice (most of his points are goals) and puts individual achievements secondary to team achievements?

That's how I see it.
A blind man could do a better analysis.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Do you want an elite winger-esque center that is extremely speedy and puts up points (mainly secondary assists)?

Or do you want the elite Selke calibre big center that dominates both ends of the ice (most of his points are goals) and puts individual achievements secondary to team achievements?

That's how I see it.

I think the really funny thing here is that you tried to point out that most of his points are secondary assists, when even a cursory glance at the statistics would show you that most of his points this season have come from goals, then primary assists, then secondary assists.

It would have been possible for you to look less informed here, but it would have been pretty difficult.

McDavid is the better player. Matthews is on the better team. That's it. That's not a knock on Matthews, because he's a great player in his own right, but at this stage in his career he's not as good as McDavid is.

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
Matthews is a great player. Big, fast, scoring touch and he plays a 200 foot game.

But McDavid is on another level. The sooner Leaf fans learn to accept it the sooner they can just enjoy Matthews for the player he is.

Reactions: MikeK

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Matthews is a great player. Big, fast, scoring touch and he plays a 200 foot game.

But McDavid is on another level. The sooner Leaf fans learn to accept it the sooner they can just enjoy Matthews for the player he is.

It's like 2 Leafs fans that think he's better than McDavid.

The generalizations on this board are insane.

Also hilarious how all the "neutral" fans love talking about Matthews when he's injured.

Reactions: Yamazaki

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
We talking about teams or Matthew and McDavid? Just saying.
P.S. McDavid and yes this is an appropriate time to say AINEC

McDavid says he watches Matthews tape in the off0season to even improve his game....even he doesn't think it's AINEC. Really stinks Auston got hurt, he'd be pushing 50 goals this season, I don't doubt it.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
McDavid says he watches Matthews tape in the off0season to even improve his game....even he doesn't think it's AINEC. Really stinks Auston got hurt, he'd be pushing 50 goals this season, I don't doubt it.
Ya sure he would. Again as most non-Leaf fans know it easily McDavid.Hell even some Leaf fans have stated so.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
2,:laugh: You better go through the thread again.

Do you know how many Leafs fans there are?

It's a very small minority that thinks this.

But the idiots on both side have to keep arguing so don't let me stand in your way.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Ya sure he would. Again as most non-Leaf fans know it easily McDavid.Hell even some Leaf fans have stated so.

Guess you know more than NHLers, Matthews is 3rd around who they would build around....but your right it's not even close. I laugh at people that think Matthews isn't even a top 10 centreman, I'll take the players and coaches word for it over the keyboard warriors lol,

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
He absolutely had the chance to put up 50. No need to be like this because someone thought bumping this was a good idea.

Don't worry about it, the majority of them will be reclining the lazy boys while the playoffs start. Majority will turn into Jets fans because the rest will be cleaning out the lockers.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
McDavid is the best player in the game at the moment. The book is not closed on Mathews obviously, but right now: McDavid.

Reactions: snipes

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Do you know how many Leafs fans there are?

It's a very small minority that thinks this.

But the idiots on both side have to keep arguing so don't let me stand in your way.
It's like 2 Leafs fans that think he's better than McDavid.

The generalizations on this board are insane.

Also hilarious how all the "neutral" fans love talking about Matthews when he's injured.

That’s the problem. Too much generalization on this site. A couple of fans and people generalize an entire fan base and it’s sad and petty.

McDavid is the most dynamic player I’ve ever see and I love Mathews but McDavid is better. Most leaf fans know this and can admit it. However I find a few oilers fans can’t admit the leafs are better team, better coached and have a better management and long term outlook. Notice how I said a few oilers fans and not every oilers fan?

Reactions: Mats13

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Matthews is a bull.

The guy is thick and plays like he's been in the NHL for a while.

McDavid has the hands and the speed but I think I'd take Matthews.

It's pretty damn close.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
However I find a hard time having oilers fans admit the leafs are better team, better coach and management and in much better shape long term.

There's like 400 pages worth of thread on the Oilers board talking about how Chiarelli and McLellan should be fired.

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
McDavid is another level. Assuming good health I can’t see anyone challenging him as the best forward in the game during his prime.

I am comfortable saying AM can grow into being the 2nd best forward in the league but he will not reach McDavid level. Here’s hoping Mathews ends up more on the wining side but his individual stats will not compare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad