McDavid on playing in Edmonton during a losing season

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Lol anyone who lives here knows that this is a reality and not just "some random NBA fans" or other diminutions. Edmontonians are just like this. I've been here 10 years now and nothing at all has changed about this city. People chirp for a living here because it makes them feel better about their own lives.

Well that was probably the dumbest **** I've ever heard on this site. What was so funny exactly?

Reactions: Tad Mikowsky

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Looking at that awful you tube clip when som tennage as holes heckled Mcdavid and his family was not nice to see to say the least .Next time take Lucic to come along

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Man oiler fans are insecure
What do you mean insecure?? Did someone say something about us?? What did they say??

Oh god, it was Sandra wasn't it. Omg I hope it's not that.

Please just let her know we didn't mean anything by it. If she did, i'm gonna lose it!!!

SHE KNOWS WE DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING BY IT!!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!!!

YOURE NOT MY DAD!!

AWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIEIEIEIIEE

WHY DONT YOU LIKE ME???? WAHHHHHHHHHH

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
This thread need this picture. Special dedication to all condescending Leafs fans.
mcdavid-enters-nhl-camp-favorite-hart-trophy-odds.jpg

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
I understand being passionate, but why chirping the guy that's actually doing his job? He is the guy, he is getting paid for it and he is delivering. Doesn't make any kind of sense to chirp him if you ask me.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Matthews and Gardiner 1st to EDM for McDavid. That way we can pay the real McDavid, McDavid money, and you can deal with a new contract for McMatthews who reportedly wants McDavid money.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I understand being passionate, but why chirping the guy that's actually doing his job? He is the guy, he is getting paid for it and he is delivering. Doesn't make any kind of sense to chirp him if you ask me.
You are repeating what the entire city of Edmonton said after that video was released.
That idiot Pejorative Slur that said it, probably doesn't even watch hockey.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Matthews and Gardiner 1st to EDM for McDavid. That way we can pay the real McDavid, McDavid money, and you can deal with a new contract for McMatthews who reportedly wants McDavid money.
Nope, try Matthews + Marner + Reilly for McDavid.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
What do you mean insecure?? Did someone say something about us?? What did they say??

Oh god, it was Sandra wasn't it. Omg I hope it's not that.

Please just let her know we didn't mean anything by it. If she did, i'm gonna lose it!!!

SHE KNOWS WE DIDNT MEAN ANYTHING BY IT!!

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT ME!!!

YOURE NOT MY DAD!!

AWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIEIEIEIIEE

WHY DONT YOU LIKE ME???? WAHHHHHHHHHH

By "insecure" they mean we don't suffer of the same superiority complex as the TML fans :)

I really love how TML just signed their biggest UFA since David Clarkson, and now some TML fans now are convinced that every single superstar in NHL will sign for them...

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Restaurant vid:

Comments afterwards:

Does anyone actually think these *****ebags represent Oiler's fans?

living in edmonton as a non oiler fan, i can definitely see people chirp mcdavid in hopes that he asks for a trade. hah

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mcmatthews has very strong p/60 production I'll have you know

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Tavares - $11million
Matthews - $12million
Marner - $9.5millon
Nylander - $8million

McDavid - $16million (UFA signing).

Nice cap situation?

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Leaf fans chirping Edmonton fans for not being relevant is hilarious.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a man coming over to look at the windows in my glass house and must get home.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
People from Airdrie, Cochrane or Okotoks don't call themselves Calgarians either.

The only area of Edmonton I might agree with is the artsy folks and hipsters who point out they live in Strathcona, lol.

Hmm... I think they both sorta do and sorta don't. For instance, I've heard plenty of people in Alberta say they're from St Albert, Leduc, Okotoks, Bearspaw, Cochrane etc. and leave it at that if no one seems confused as to where these locations are.

However, if someone is confused, I've heard the follow up line of, "It's close to Edmonton/Calgary, so I grew up spending a lot of time in those cities." or for those not versed in Alberta's geography, "It's essentially Calgary/Edmonton".

Reactions: A91

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad