McDavid on playing in Edmonton during a losing season

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Well there's a reason I mentioned them after the first three.
Still doesn't change the fact that they don't live in Edmonton. If I pay my bills to Sherwood Park, vote in Sherwood Park, have a Sherwood Park address, use Sherwood Park's facilities, send my kids to school in Sherwood Park, but work in Edmonton, why would I say I live in Edmonton?

Church Hill

I'd drink it
Nov 16, 2007
Still doesn't change the fact that they don't live in Edmonton. If I pay my bills to Sherwood Park, vote in Sherwood Park, have a Sherwood Park address, use Sherwood Park's facilities, send my kids to school in Sherwood Park, but work in Edmonton, why would I say I live in Edmonton?

They're Oilers fans, right? What else matters.

PsYcNeT

The No-Fun Zone
Jan 24, 2007

I mean, technically Sherwood Park isn't even a city. It's an unincorporated municipality that only in the last 5 years even set an established border. It's more of a sprawling subdivision in Strathcona County, whom I also believe they pay and use the facilities of.

EDIT: Circling back, it's kind of funny because you're basically agreeing with the premise that those who live in the bedroom communities surrounding Edmonton don't refer to themselves as Edmontonians, which I had said is the only accurate part of his post.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
See, the thing is, in McDavid's mind, they do. Similar to the concept of loss aversion, things that make humans uncomfortable, angry, embarrassed, or otherwise elicit negative emotion will always stick out in a person's mind more than positives. It's the same reason as to why you stay up late at night remembering an awkward moment you did years ago in front of a girl you like, despite no one else remembering. Humans have a natural tendency to focus on the negative because that's how humans learn.

You don't remember what is to be expected or the norm. Throughout his life people told him he was special because he was. It likely does absolutely nothing for him. Are the majority of Oiler's fans good? I'm sure. Does it matter in McDavid's mind? Probably not.
It's obvious you never watched the "harassment" video. It was 3 cringey skids telling Connor he "needs to be traded" as an awkward compliment to him.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Honestly, I don't even know what people are arguing about anymore.

We're all insecure about the cities we live in, so we look over at some other city that is about 95% the same and take a big shit on it.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Everytime there is something between McDavid and the Oilers/fans/media we get desperate Leaf/Flames/Nucklehead/Pens fan jumping on HF to make a thread about it....:laugh:

Reactions: dss97

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
I don't have the time or disposition to read all the posts in this thread. Can you please tell me whether the following topics have been addressed, or did I miss anything important? Thank you!
  • McDavid doesn't like Edmonton
  • it is a shame he plays for the Oilers
  • he will ask for a trade soon
  • he wants to play for the Leafs (who doesn't?)
  • Edmonton does not deserve him

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
The guys that chirped McDavid are the same type of losers who go see a popular movie just to say they saw it but sit on their phones throughout 90% of it.
Huge hockey "fans".

Reactions: A91

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Winnipeg hasnt had 10+years of failure.
2iqhwz.jpg

snag

Feb 22, 2014

Because you are in some part of the world and when describing where you live it is a whole lot easier to just say Edmonton? Growing up in Stony that is pretty much how we did it. If I had to explain "Stony Plain is 15 km west of Edmonton" why not just say "Edmonton" and save the hassle of explaining?

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Get ****ing Real.

A select few fans who idiotically chirp McDavid and you’re somehow you’re tying it to all Oilers fans, lemme guess, because you remember it?

This is par the course though for you.
I'm surprised you just haven't ignored that poster, he loves to do typical drive by's taking shots at oiler fans, and more often than not looks like an idiot.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I don't have the time or disposition to read all the posts in this thread. Can you please tell me whether the following topics have been addressed, or did I miss anything important? Thank you!
  • McDavid doesn't like Edmonton
  • it is a shame he plays for the Oilers
  • he will ask for a trade soon
  • he wants to play for the Leafs (who doesn't?)
  • Edmonton does not deserve him

You forgot about Edmonton's 16 FOAs in 12 years

snag

Feb 22, 2014
11 year rebuild...fans have had enough and now chirp McDavid.

And if you really live in Edmonton, you want everyone to believe it was an Oilers fan instead of someone such as yourself who might have been chirping him?

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
This dude is so gone when he's a UFA lmfao. Probably sooner if he demands a trade and holds out.

Feel bad for Oilers fans but their brass, much like the Islanders management with Tavares, deserve less than nothing.

McDavid will follow Gretzky footsteps and leave Edmonton once he's had enough...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad