McDavid hate rewarded by giraffes. lEafs beat Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
How the hell could they lose a trade??? Like really, I can't see how they lose a trade if Eberle or Yakupov is going the other way

Problem is everyone here hates on Eberle, RNH and Yakupov but thinks other GMs will want to trade real assets for them. RNH and Eberle are on $6 Mil contracts! Like cancer, they are going to be super tough AND painful to get rid of. Unreal effort tonight. Wow. Leaves me questioning McLellan's ability.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
This **** is mental. Doesn't matter how skillful the lineup is on paper. The losing mentality is killing them.

It's to the point of no return I'm afraid. Nuge, Eberle, Schultz, even Hall to an extent. These guys are broken, not as NHL players but as Oilers. It's a shame to see such skill be wasted due to organizational ineptitude.

Maybe this is an overreaction fresh off that debacle but these guys fold every single fn time at the hint of any adversity. Mclellan must be ready to tear his hair out trying to figure out how to change the culture here.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Hopefully our stars start demanding trades so we can finally see some meaningful change.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
I'd like to propose to HFBoards that swearing be allowed exclusively in the Oilers forum. It's been a decade, asterisks aren't cutting it anymore. Have some humanity please.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Why does it seem like we've got even bigger problems every year?

Like last year it was our defence the sucked so bad that it was by far the worst in the NHL but this year our bottom six forwards have been so horrible that we're getting ready to write off Nail Yakupov and we've totally forgotten about potential contributions from the likes of Paka and Lander.

I really want to believe in this coaching staff, but is it realistic to expect any coaching staff to get anything out of this group?

It can't be the 20 something combined coaches and asst coaches we've had over the last 10 years ... could we really be that unlucky?

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
People knew this would happen, such an Oilers game. Can't wait to see the next team who plays the leafs absolutely demolish them, make them look silly and then think back to how badly the Oilers played against them, like always happens when the Oilers lose to teams like these.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I would rather watch a team of third liners who can hit something, and are good for 30 points, with Drai and Mcdavid as the centerman than this pansy ass group of players.

Hall Drai Plug
plug Mcdavid Plug
Plug Plug Plug
Plug Plug Hendricks

someone someone
Nurse Sekera
Klefbom Someone

Someone
Nilsson

At least some third line plugs might act like they appreciate being here enough to try.
Hall - Drai - Khaira
Slepy - McDavid - Pakarainen
Moroz - Yakimov - Miller
Kessy - Hendricks - Winquist

Nurse - Sekera
Klefbom - Davidson
Laleggia - Simpson

Brossoit
Nilsson

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Watching the Oilers pass up every chance to hit the leafs on every dump drove me nuts. If McLellan is going to tell these guys to dump the puck in they need to get some guys that will actually make a hit. Guys like Pouliot and Purcell are a complete waste of their size.

I'm not even going to think about the Oilers for a while. Have a good night everyone.

Yup. So ****ing frustrating watching almost the entire team pass up hits all game, every game. This team used to have such a hard nosed identity. It's ****ing painful watching this.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
First of all leafs has a great powerplay and they has played good recently! The game was even the 2 first periods but we couldnt score, iron twice. we dont driving the net and take bad easy shots.

3 period was a disaster. supposed to come out flying, hungry but they came out like lame farts in the sauna!

Must be some changes in this group of hueys and dueys, the skill are there but where is the heart !

Ebs line horrible, hall and specally drai was good and tried sometimes.

Nilsson solid and whipping boy Lander had a good game.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Yup. So ****ing frustrating watching almost the entire team pass up hits all game, every game. This team used to have such a hard nosed identity. It's ****ing painful watching this.

They have the talent but lack the heart and effort. Its why I miss the old oilers like Weight, Smytty, Pisani, Smith, etc. They played with so much ****ing heart and effort.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Problem is everyone here hates on Eberle, RNH and Yakupov but thinks other GMs will want to trade real assets for them. RNH and Eberle are on $6 Mil contracts! Like cancer, they are going to be super tough AND painful to get rid of. Unreal effort tonight. Wow. Leaves me questioning McLellan's ability.

We have to be willing to lose a trade on paper. Addition by subtraction.

What kind of example does it set for the rest of the team when you have two guys wearing A's (RNH & Eberle) dogging it around the ice all game every game? That's supposed to be our leadership?

We can't have players playing like this be the example. We just can't. Get them the hell of this team and get some players in here that are hungry. These losers just mail it in.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
That was some epic suckage rivaling the worst of the Eakins era. It looks like the team has completely ignored Mclellan's message and has decided to throw in the towel.
Time to trade some of the losers Chia. I can't go through another season of this. I just can't.

Who are the losers in your mind? This seems to be where the fan base is split. IMO, it has to be some of the high priced talent. Repeatedly changing out the bottom six has done nothing for this team.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
How's the nightly meltdown going? Saw a "Lose for Matthews" thread, must be fun in here.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Hall - Drai - Khaira
Slepy - McDavid - Pakarainen
Moroz - Yakimov - Miller
Kessy - Hendricks - Winquist

Nurse - Sekera
Klefbom - Davidson
Laleggia - Simpson

Brossoit
Nilsson

Couldn't be any worse than what we are already icing unfortunately.

Maybe we can convince connor to retire, void his contract, we can relocate the team, open a new team in edmonton, have an expansion draft, sign UFA connor Mcdavid, and BAM!

Whole new team without the **** culture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad