McDavid hate rewarded by giraffes. lEafs beat Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Why does it seem like we've got even bigger problems every year?

Like last year it was our defence the sucked so bad that it was by far the worst in the NHL but this year our bottom six forwards have been so horrible that we're getting ready to write off Nail Yakupov and we've totally forgotten about potential contributions from the likes of Paka and Lander.

I really want to believe in this coaching staff, but is it realistic to expect any coaching staff to get anything out of this group?

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
This **** is mental. Doesn't matter how skillful the lineup is on paper. The losing mentality is killing them.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I would rather watch a team of third liners who can hit something, and are good for 30 points, with Drai and Mcdavid as the centerman than this pansy ass group of players.

Hall Drai Plug
plug Mcdavid Plug
Plug Plug Plug
Plug Plug Hendricks

someone someone
Nurse Sekera
Klefbom Someone

Someone
Nilsson

At least some third line plugs might act like they appreciate being here enough to try.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
You keep McDavid, Draisaitl, Nurse, Pakarinen, and Davidson.

You trade the rest.

Like I keep saying. Minnesota and Columbus in their first NHL seasons put up more wins than our club did last year, and is on pace for this year. This team is a complete ****ing joke loaded with 1st overall picks.

Two teams who picked literally from the bottom of the barrel scraps off the other 28 teams in the league managed to put up more wins.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
That was not one of Hall's better games, he is going back to being careless with the puck. RNH and Eberle still look like crap and Pouliot is also playing like he's useless. Outside of Drai, Nurse and Sekera I don't think that anyone on our side had a good game.

Burger Baron

Feb 6, 2013
Vancouver
"Peter Chiarelli won't make an Oilers trade just to shake things up"

A shake up is exactly what this pathetic 'team' needs. And a major one at that.

We're going to descend further and further into the s*** hole with the current mix of players

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
Why does it seem like we've got even bigger problems every year?

Like last year it was our defence the sucked so bad that it was by far the worst in the NHL but this year our bottom six forwards have been so horrible that we're getting ready to write off Nail Yakupov and we've totally forgotten about potential contributions from the likes of Paka and Lander.

I really want to believe in this coaching staff, but is it realistic to expect any coaching staff to get anything out of this group?

I would keep Nail, he throws more checks in an average game than Eberle + RNH combined in a season.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

We're going to descend further and further into the s*** hole with the current mix of players

Yep. No doubt about it. I'm done with this joke of a core.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
Watching the Oilers pass up every chance to hit the leafs on every dump drove me nuts. If McLellan is going to tell these guys to dump the puck in they need to get some guys that will actually make a hit. Guys like Pouliot and Purcell are a complete waste of their size.

I'm not even going to think about the Oilers for a while. Have a good night everyone.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Put me down as a guy willing to lose a trade to shake things up.

I don't care if less talent is coming the other way as long as we get players that are willing to work. Draisaitl, Hall, and McDavid are the only players in our top 9 that play like they give a damn on a consistent basis.

Waiting around for the right deal to come isn't going to accomplish anything except devalue these losers even further. Just get on with it and change the on ice culture of this embarrassing team.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth

With this teams pro scouting ... Eberle for some teams 1st + 2nd pick's this draft year; RNH for some teams 1st + 2nd pick's this draft year; and we probably go on a winning streak.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Few missed calls and a couple of posts and all the give a **** was gone. Chiarelli needs to do something fast. this is a very mentally fragile team.

Pretty much, if the season keeps going this way then there will be no positive energy heading into next season at all. I was afraid that the team would give up after a hard working start of the season and it looks like we are very close to the same old same old which is inexcusable.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Few missed calls and a couple of posts and all the give a **** was gone. Chiarelli needs to do something fast. this is a very mentally fragile team.

honestly as much as it's their job to deal with officiating as part of the game.....I don't know how you don't get emotionally ****ed by the refs with how they've officiated the start of this season....and continue to....

I'd say with adequate reffing they're still a bad team but they can at least build on something......without it they are gutted.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Chia and McLellan are only just now cluing in to just how bad things really are around here.

This ****show is so rotten you have to live it to really understand.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
I like listening to Ched after losses because we hear truth from an angry Bob Stauffer before he has time to compose himself.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gagner looked sick with Niilson and Cogliano.

Hall looked sick with Eberle and RNH.

McDavid will look sick with Draisaitl and Matthews?

Nightmare.

Who's the next top gun in the 2017 draft? He'll look sick with ___ on the oilers as well. **** the draft.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I would keep Nail, he throws more checks in an average game than Eberle + RNH combined in a season.

Agreed.

He may not be the most productive, but he hustles his ass off every shift, and has even become okay defensively. If he can put up 50-60 points playing next to Mcdavid, I think he's a great complimentary player.

No matter what line he's on, he can at least generate some energy on a hit or with a consistent effort.. Unlike the rest of the marshmallows on this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad