McDavid hate rewarded by giraffes. lEafs beat Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
How has RNH regressed so much since his rookie season???

He isn't being sheltered anymore.

Maybe he isn't a player though should be playing 21 minutes a night with tough matchups.

We could probably take the load off him a little bit if we didn't have the worst bottom six in the NHL.

YEGman

Dec 21, 2009
Edmonton
The only two forwards who played like they gave a damn were Drai and Hall. Color me surprised. Eberle and RNH playing puck tag with themselves and doing nothing to generate scoring chances.

Hall was a dreadful turn-over machine

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Trade all the poison before it gets to McDavid. The last thing you want is McDavid learning how to lose

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
So we now have the same problem we've had for years.

Our young guys can't do it on their own, and they're being exposed to a depressing losing culture.

This team is no place for Drai/Nurse/Mcdavid right now.

This team should be relegated.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
It's time to take the dog out behind the barn and put it out of its misery. It's time to move one or two of the "kids". Send a message.

This team is cancerous. Total disgusting, putrid effort.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
He isn't being sheltered anymore.

Maybe he isn't a player though should be playing 21 minutes a night with tough matchups.

We could probably take the load off him a little bit if we didn't have the worst bottom six in the NHL.

He was never sheltered in any meaningful way.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
More from the House That Kevin Lowe Built

At least Kevin will know he built the team that set the NHL record for most seasons out of the playoffs. A record that will probably never be broken because this team is still 3 or 4 years out.

MrM

Oct 13, 2013
That one really hurts. I'm from Ontario so I hear all about it from every Leaf fan out there.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
We say it every game. We need harder working grittier players. At least two in the top sixsix. Hard to get, but the team will be better and more fun to watch.

Most of these guys on the team can't even be bothered to finish a check. That's why people always say the oilers are easy to play against.

Prime example was phaneuf behind the net. Pouliot is going after him hard. Instead of bumping into and hitting phaneuf to separate him from the puck, he literally skates by him and taps him with his stick.

Pouliot is physical overall, but as a whole the entire team just doesn't do it. It's not in their DNA.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Hall was a dreadful turn-over machine

I don't give a **** if he turns over the puck when him and Drai were the only line generating scoring chances.

If you're gonna rip on any player, rip on the two wunderboys RNH and Eberle.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Few missed calls and a couple of posts and all the give a **** was gone. Chiarelli needs to do something fast. this is a very mentally fragile team.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I don't give a **** if he turns over the puck when him and Drai were the only line generating scoring chances.

If you're gonna rip on any player, rip on the two wunderboys RNH and Eberle.

Looked like Hall didn't care if he turned it over, either.

oilersfan87

Jan 18, 2009
Everyone on this team either already sucks or is going to suck pretty soon. Being surrounded by a bunch of players with bad habits and no real motivation/belief in winning is not a good way to develop young players. It's not a coincidence that lots of players on the Oilers tend to get worse as they play more games. Soon Draisaitl and Nurse are going to start playing like the rest of the team. I think the only player that might be immune to the Oilers is McDavid but we'll have to wait and see.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
Poor execution and no secondary scoring threats. Also good to see Schultz hasn't lost his touch in turning the puck over. I think the Leafs had better chances on our PP. Looks like the boys are testing our GM's resolve.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The Oilers could have gone from 30th to tied for 25th tonight if they won. The players must enjoy being at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad