TSN: McDavid Gets Suspended for 2 Games for High Hit on Leddy

What type of punishment does McDavid get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
Like I said on the mainboards, this is all boiled over because of officiating. If they do their jobs, this doesn't happen. Even if the angles changed, even if he slowed up, I still see intent to lay a hit stemming from what happened earlier in the shift. About 4 missed calls in one go, which is par for the course for the officiating of McDavid.

They can't do their jobs and it leads to this crap.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
I think he sits for 1. 1 small step backwards for man, one giant drop for teamkind.....

BTW- McDavid knows what he doing out there.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Exactly my point. If you throw out suspensions for stuff like this guys will intentionally put their head down and drop at any contact. It all depends on where the guys shoulder and where the head was. If the Shoulder comes up to the head, of course, but this is Leddy dropping his head down into McD's shoulder.

Guys will purposely let themselves take contact to the head and risk brain injury? Not buying it.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Mckenzie is gonna be the next don cherry, already going scenile and out of the loop.

Well, A) he won't be because he's retiring in 2 years to probably buy into an OHL team or play GM down there and B) Don Cherry was never really in the loop. He's a hair-brained xenophobic national embarassment and always has been.

I don't think being a bit harsh in his assessment on a hit to the head makes him "Kelly Hrudey level biased" either. I think all hits to the head, intentional or not, should be punished heavily. Bob shares that view. Connor's clearly not a dirty player, but it was a sucky play. It happens.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I imagine McDavid will have some sort of player's union representation or team representation. Hopefully a team rep lashes out at the DoPS/league in regards to all the abuse he endures on his behalf and how few penalties he draws. It's a private setting so perfect time to unload.
This is the time to bring it up for sure. Great opportunity.

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
If Leddy did that to McDavid we would be calling for 1 or 2 games for sure.

It wasnt intentional, but a rule now a days is a rule.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
It needs to be brought up. It’s horse**** the amount of obstruction committed against him.
Makes this piss me off even more. Just a joke how they go out of there way to even things out with the best player.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

If he could get proper calls for the rest of time, I'd gladly have him sit the rest of the year. But he won't.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Guys will purposely let themselves take contact to the head and risk brain injury? Not buying it.

It happened when they were calling hitting from behind big time. Guys would turn into the boards. It isn't that they will really let there heads get hit, but they will just embellish it when it does happen.

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018

The only problem with that is they don't even call the rule book in a game. The NHL has screwed itself in the past 5 years by its horrendous officiating and completely bonkers suspension history.

Reactions: MikeGrier99

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
He will probably get a game. That's ok./

What I found PATHETIC is that they only give Malkin 1 game for trying to chop a guys head off. I don't care that it was not a serious injury. That attempt should be a good 5 gamer at minimum.

idiots running the NHL

Panthera

Sep 25, 2017
Based on what I think the NHL should be doing, he should get a game.

Based on trying to fit the NHL's standard procedure, he shouldn't even get the hearing because he has no prior history, therefore anything short of a baseball swing is clean

Based on my feelings as an Oilers fan, no suspension, no fine, rest of the league has it coming for all the crap they get away with it, suck it NHL

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
He deserves a game. It was a dumb hit.

Leddy was trying to play the PP right after, if he gets more than 1 it’s a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad