McDavid Crashes Into Net; Helped Off Ice

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
For all those goons saying he wants out of Edmonton, if that’s the case why would he still be here on the off season? Edmonton has the best mall, best rink, best River valley, best hockey fans, over 50 museums and galleries, fringe festival and the list goes on. There’s a reason many former players choose Edmonton to live in.

Why is he still there? Maybe because the team is trying to figure out how f***ed up his leg is. It's kinda hard to do that when someone is in Toronto, or Mexico, or Timbuktu. As soon as they figure out a plan, McDavid will be the f*** out of there.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
Imagine if McDavid never played in that last game of the year.

McDavid would have been healthy, and they would have been in the Rangers spot and got the 2nd pick in the lottery.

Imagine if Kevin Lowe would have never been hired at the front office of the Oilers almost 20 years ago.

Oilers would have gotten multiple cups in the last 19 years instead of two decades of complete organizational incompetence.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Could be a serious injury...
Out of pure generosity, I suppose the Leafs could help the Oilers out by offering Matthews + Kadri for MacDavid :sarcasm:

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Why is he still there? Maybe because the team is trying to figure out how ****ed up his leg is. It's kinda hard to do that when someone is in Toronto, or Mexico, or Timbuktu. As soon as they figure out a plan, McDavid will be the **** out of there.
Wouldn't you just send him to wherever the best doctor is ? It's pretty easy to stay connected now.

It's not like he has some weird reason to stick around for his doctor getting a second opinion .

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Wouldn't you just send him to wherever the best doctor is ? It's pretty easy to stay connected now.

It's not like he has some weird reason to stick around for his doctor getting a second opinion .
You do realize it's the Oilers we are talking about, right? They are probably still using the same doctor from the 80's Stanley Cup years.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
You do realize it's the Oilers we are talking about, right? They are probably still using the same doctor from the 80's Stanley Cup years.
Lol . Maybe but it is second opinion so their two doctors from the cup years maybe .

Oilers don't have much but they have a rich owner I doubt they skip on medical work like they prob did when they had to trade everyone before they got raises.

Reactions: Khelandros

guzzy

Jul 6, 2005
For all those goons saying he wants out of Edmonton, if that’s the case why would he still be here on the off season? Edmonton has the best mall, best rink, best River valley, best hockey fans, over 50 museums and galleries, fringe festival and the list goes on. There’s a reason many former players choose Edmonton to live in.
They don't choose to stay there, the Oilers pay them all to be there.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Pretty soon, he will be labeled injury prone. Just like Crosby.
Yeah if he keeps getting injured he probably will be . Like everyone that gets injured a bunch .

Crosby had a weird neck thing that made him look basically broken and got the pens a hell of a good deal cuz no-one knew if he could ever play again .

Last edited:

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Let's be honest here, Edmonton is not a bad place to live but let's not pretend like it's some world class city here.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
He was playing mini golf (heh) at West Ed today:

36mbgEL.jpg
Wait, I thought he couldn't wait to get out of Edmonton????

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Let's be honest here, Edmonton is not a bad place to live but let's not pretend like it's some world class city here.
If I had to stay somewhere for the summer Edmonton isn't a bad pick. Winter when the players actually have to live there it's pretty bad compared to vegas or Florida

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
I don't think he wants out, but that doesn't prove he wants to be an Oiler long term.

I get that of course the Oilers season was horrible, so everyone would speculate the worst, but everything McDavid has said and done tells me he wants to see this through. The team is always changing. At the very least he'd be curious what happens with the Oilers over the offseason.

But this report is good. The initial report was negative, that he was basically okay and just needed to heal, so a 2nd opinion could only be to look for an issue that might have been missed. We can't mess around with him.

The fear is that he leaves after his contract is done, no? but that's 7 years away.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Heard that, good to see them doing this. I get the feeling there is some ligament damage. Still given the time available he could get it repaired and be ready early in the season to play again.

dookers9

Mar 30, 2008
Edmonton
Having torn my MCL, that lean he's doing is reminiscent of when I tried to "go out and do normal things again" and basically leaned on anything to take the pressure off.

The good thing is doctors are fantastic these days, Malkin ****ed up his knee and came back fine.
Except he's actually putting weight ON it rather than protecting it. Leaning back, weight on the sketch knee seems to be the last thing one would do if the joint were painful and unstable.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Are they seeking opinions from just anyone? Personally I think his leg would heal a lot better in Chicago... :nod:

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
There seems to be an unhealthy desire among some people for this "injury" to be more serious than it actually is.

McKappa

philip bruhberg
Oct 16, 2011
Edmonton
Edmonton is fine is the summer but may be the worst place in the entire NHL to live during the regular season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad