McDavid Crashes Into Net; Helped Off Ice

madmike77

Jan 9, 2009
Likely just playing it safe. It’s better to make sure they’re doing everything they need to do now than to find out early in preseason that he needs a procedure that costs him a few weeks.

Reactions: MacBradley

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He was playing mini golf (heh) at West Ed today:

36mbgEL.jpg

Over/Under on how many medical professionals on HF diagnose what's wrong with him based on a picture.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Given the amount of time from the injury, even with MCL and ACL damage, he could still walk around and play minigolf.

That brace tells me it is ligament damage.
Having torn my MCL, that lean he's doing is reminiscent of when I tried to "go out and do normal things again" and basically leaned on anything to take the pressure off.

The good thing is doctors are fantastic these days, Malkin f***ed up his knee and came back fine.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Not for nothing but somebody who wants out of Edmonton wouldn't be putting around the WEM mini golf course.... that place is an absolute nightmare..... every parent who likes to let their child wander around and play whatever hole they please goes there...

On a more serious note... nice that management is actually taking an injury seriously. I have no idea what Pool Party's actual injury was... but he realistically should have been shut down must sooner than he was.

Diligence/patience is not something the Oilers organization has been known for during the decade.5 of darkness.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Not for nothing but somebody who wants out of Edmonton wouldn't be putting around the WEM mini golf course.... that place is an absolute nightmare..... every parent who likes to let their child wander around and play whatever hole they please goes there...

On a more serious note... nice that management is actually taking an injury seriously. I have no idea what Pool Party's actual injury was... but he realistically should have been shut down must sooner than he was.

Diligence/patience is not something the Oilers organization has been known for during the decade.5 of darkness.
You're trying too hard, mate. Also, you might be posting this in the wrong thread. That one is a few below this one.

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
I partially tore my MCL and didn't miss a beat as long as I didn't try to run a marathon or walk down hill/stairs a lot, rather than surgery I chose the "heal itself" route but it took about 9 months before I felt completely normal, a 23 year year old most likely would heal faster though.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Would be real crappy for that first doctor that saw him if it turns out to be a significant injury afterall.

Wont be Oilers go to guy anymore to send their players

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
There is so much time between now and the next season and McDavid is a workhorse. Even if he does have a long term injury, you know he's only going to come back even stronger.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
[Mod]

I get that of course the Oilers season was horrible, so everyone would speculate the worst, but everything McDavid has said and done tells me he wants to see this through. The team is always changing. At the very least he'd be curious what happens with the Oilers over the offseason.

But this report is good. The initial report was negative, that he was basically okay and just needed to heal, so a 2nd opinion could only be to look for an issue that might have been missed. We can't mess around with him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
That's the only bad thing about McDavid, dude plays the game at 100mph so when he gets hurt he's out for a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad