McDavid Crashes Into Net; Helped Off Ice

Brian McDavid

Aug 4, 2017
Oil City Roadhouse
For all those goons saying he wants out of Edmonton, if that’s the case why would he still be here on the off season? Edmonton has the best mall, best rink, best River valley, best hockey fans, over 50 museums and galleries, fringe festival and the list goes on. There’s a reason many former players choose Edmonton to live in.
Relax.
- Fellow Edmontonian

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Imagine if McDavid never played in that last game of the year.

McDavid would have been healthy, and they would have been in the Rangers spot and got the 2nd pick in the lottery.

Not sure why you think we would’ve lost we won without McDavid anyway.

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
Their current medical guys are probably former Oilers or Kevin Lowe's friends. So sure getting a second opinion is "doing the right thing" but it shouldn't need to be done in the first place.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
dr. krutov here.

patient presents in a knee brace shortly after a knee injury suffered during athletic exertions. patient is downplaying injury and confidently out in public taking mild exercise placing weight on injured knee.

patient has a very good private health plan and so it is inferred has already had an mri 6 days after injury. evidence of clear damage to the acl can therefore likely be ruled out, as same would trigger urgent surgery path to ensure patient misses as little work as possible.

preliminary disagnosis is probable mild sprain or minor mcl injury. patient will be in an immobilization brace for up to 30 days and be re-evaluated periodically to assess recovery. meanwhile, patient will utilize excellent private healthcare plan to seek precautionary further opinions to verify there are no immediate indicators for surgery.

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Having torn my MCL, that lean he's doing is reminiscent of when I tried to "go out and do normal things again" and basically leaned on anything to take the pressure off.

The good thing is doctors are fantastic these days, Malkin ****ed up his knee and came back fine.
I lean on things all the time are you telling me all this time I've been walking around with ligament damage?

Creativero

Jul 17, 2015
To be fair, NHLers are travelling so much during the season that I don't think it really matters.
Ya but you still have to play for the Oilers on the road so the worst part of Edmonton (Lucic) follows you.

Last edited:

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
He wears a brace to not put pressure on that leg in a wrong way. Seems ok. Not every injury leaves you bedridden.

Plus, you can't see them, but he's covered in leeches under his shirt in order to balance his humors. The Edmonton staff has done all it can.

Reactions: Eisen

ijuka

May 14, 2016
McDavid could have a ligament sprain, honestly. I had it and when I got it it felt pretty bad, as the leg would just give out under me if I stepped just slightly wrong and intense nerve pain would shoot all over, but with a brace somewhat normal activities could be performed just fine and it healed in 3 weeks.

Hard to believe he'd be casually walking around and doing golf if it was something actually serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad