McDavid and Matthews have to wait to overtake Crosby

Raym11

Oct 6, 2009
I've had a leafs fan say kadri is better than Crosby.... Not even joking. With a serous face.

wow 1 fan, should probably just assume its the entire fan bases opinion and then post about it on a forum that hates the team he's a fan of so you can get some praise and lol's

NoMessi

Jan 2, 2009
Guentzel (not Gentzel), Sheary and Kunitz aren't 3rd liners though and Dupuis at his best wasn't a 3rd liner either. Crosby has played with his fair share of 3rd liners or worse, but those are guys like Armstrong, Hilbert, Stempniak, Downie, Kobasew, Spaling and Gibbons.

This is a post people should read. I actually can't remember Hilbert, when was that? Gibbons must have been the absolute worst though.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I think most people also forget the serious injuries Crosby has come back from and still managed to performed at highest level. The man is absolutely fearless the way he approaches his game. Doesn't take a shift off

...except for that time he dogged it for half a season in an effort to get Mike Johnston fired. :laugh:

LoveNHL

Jun 15, 2015
Sweden
I give full credit to Crosby. In Finland you take off your hat to show respekt. I take off mine for Crosby.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Let McDavid and Mathews get to 4 SC finals and 5 conference finals in 11 years and overcome a brain stem injury that cost them over a year and come back from that, then we"ll talk. Many are called, few are chosen.

captain cubicle

Jul 27, 2011
Not even sure why Matthews is being mentioned in the same breath as generational players

Take it from a pens fan your gonna deal with this crap for the remainder of his career. Whether it was Towes or Datsyuk there will always be fan bases with less talented players pushing an agenda when your boys the top dog. I think I even saw arguments for Bergeron and Kopitar a few times. Its plain as day 100pts vs 69pts. Not particularly close. Maybe at some point in his career Mathews will belong in that comparison but right now he doesn't.

DANTHEMAN1967

Aug 10, 2016
To be the man you have to beat the man.
Matthews was runner up to Crosby last year as a rookie so I expect Matthews to pass him next year.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Crosby still has a chance to be top 3 all time IMO. Definitely top 5. Imagine if Pens repeated, not to mention more cup wins . . . If Crosby can avoid serious concussion, guys still has got tons of time left as a top talent.

Last edited:

illpucks

May 26, 2011
No, the purpose of the game is to win, and Crosby does a lot of that. It's just pure homer talk to say Matthews is better than Crosby because he scores more goals.

Crosby is best winner in the league but Pens are loaded. They have 4 generational talents in (Sid, Geno, Letang, Murray)

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
To be the man you have to beat the man.
Matthews was runner up to Crosby last year as a rookie so I expect Matthews to pass him next year.

Runner up for what? He's not even in the picture, maybe for goals but he's not even in the same league as Draisaitl, yet alone Crosby or McDavid. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: