McDavid About To Pull Away With Art Ross?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
McDavid's linemates at ES are miles ahead of Crosby's linemates. If Crosby wins the scoring title, it will be because he's a better offensive player than McDavid, not because he has more help.

Please. Give McDavid a Kessel or Malkin to work with on the PP.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
He's shooting percentage is ridiculous this year. He's having one of those years. On the other end, if only McDavid could cash in on all the chances he gets every game. Yeesh.
So, what you're essentially saying is that if McDavid was more talented and, thus, converted more of his chances, he'd be farther ahead in the scoring race?

You realize you can just replace McDavid's name with literally every player in the NHL, right? Chances are not results.

At least with Sid, the issue is that he plays with third-liners.

There are only so many powerplays a game, where that excuse works. 5-on-5, McDavid's linemates are miles ahead of what Crosby has to work with. Not mention, McDavid plays almost 2 more minutes a game.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
He's shooting percentage is ridiculous this year. He's having one of those years. On the other end, if only McDavid could cash in on all the chances he gets every game. Yeesh.

Maybe that's just because McDavid isn't as good of a finisher as Crosby is. Go watch some of the goals Sid has gotten, he's not getting lucky break goals here.

McDavid has more powerplay points than Crosby, so....

Crosby has played with Sheary, Hornqvist, Hagelin and Rust this year as his most common linemates. McDavid is with Lucic and Eberle. I'll gladly swap wingers.

Sep 26, 2016
You are just making it easier for us to be more insufferable than you are when McDavid heats back up.

And why is a Flames fan chirping Oilers fans in this thread? Pathetic. Like, you don't even have a horse in this race because no player as talented as McDavid or Crosby will ever play for Shelbyville.

I Like Foolish Posts

Apr 25, 2012
Here come the Mcuses. Crosby is killing at ES, not on the PP. Sorry, looks like you will have to wait a bit before the McCoronation.

This is getting ridiculous, I've never seen such a pathetic tirade against a player just because he happens to be comparable to your boy Crosby at the same age. Everyone knows Crosby is one of the greatest players of all time and we got robbed of some of his best seasons due to injury, but there is no need to put him on an a pedestal and act like he's absolutely untouchable.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Here come the Mcuses. Crosby is killing at ES, not on the PP. Sorry, looks like you will have to wait a bit before the McCoronation.

I've seen you post this crap in other threads. You must really hate one of the best players in yr league

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

Malkin and McDavid would fight over the same spot on the PP just like he does with Crosby and Kessel can't one-time a puck, so McDavid's assists on the PP would drop as Kessel likes to hold the puck and run the PP from the left wall.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Fair. Point still stands that when you have the likes of Kessel and Malkin in your lineup complain about quality of teammates is garbage.

But it's OK to complain that McDavid's teammates are garbage, make excuses as to why McDavid is behind Crosby in PPG, then dismiss any counter points as whining?

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I've seen you post this crap in other threads. You must really hate one of the best players in yr league

And writing off Crosby's PPG lead due to better teammates is a real show of respect to Crosby is it?

Crosby has produced in all situations over 12 seasons yet we are to believe that it's McDavid, who hasn't even played a full season yet, that should be given the benefit of the doubt as to how he would do with "better" teammates?

EDIT: I think these comments about teammates and linemates are selling McDavid short. Great players produce regardless. You will likely be surprised when a supposed upgrade in teammates doesn't necessarily bring McDavid's numbers up.

Last edited:

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
You are just making it easier for us to be more insufferable than you are when McDavid heats back up.

And why is a Flames fan chirping Oilers fans in this thread? Pathetic. Like, you don't even have a horse in this race because no player as talented as McDavid or Crosby will ever play for Shelbyville.

So what you are saying is that the Flames didnt suck bad enough to get awarded with numerous #1 picks? Lmfao NA-people taking pride in having drafted random mercenaries.

Dmv

Oct 23, 2016
This thread is ugly from both oilers and penguins fans. Not happy if this has to turn into another dumb Sid vs. ovi thing with fans downplaying either player. :shakehead Besides McDavid has time on his side. Doesn't he also have the flu?

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
So what you are saying is that the Flames didnt suck bad enough to get awarded with numerous #1 picks? Lmfao NA-people taking pride in having drafted random mercenaries.

While it's very true what you say don't make it a NA exclusive thing. EU fans do the exact same thing and then take it up another four levels.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
The Oilers should just trade Mcdavid for Crosby, then pens and oiler fans could be happy, hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

chunkylover53

Nov 26, 2013
Fair. Point still stands that when you have the likes of Kessel and Malkin in your lineup complain about quality of teammates is garbage.

I mean you were the one complaining about teammates on the PP making the argument that if McDavid had Malkin/Kessel...when in fact he has more PP pts and EDM has a higher ranked PP than Pit.

GoldenTicket

Nov 14, 2006
In your bushes
I get a good chuckle out of Penguins fans that get so offended when others say McDavid is the better player.

Crosby has a world class resume yet some of the most respected hockey players, GMs, Coaches, and broadcasters say that McDavid is the best player they have seen in their life. I've been watching hockey my whole life and have seen the entire careers of many greats. And McDavid is the best hockey player I've ever seen as well.

I don't care who has a high PPG or more medals. That is what i see when i watch. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad