McClement to Carolina

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
soo. there's something 'really wrong' in the Leafs locker room, didn't specify what it is, but was willing to stay in the locker room that is 'really wrong' quote unquote had the Leafs paid him 5.5 for the years he want.

shut the everloving hell up, Bolland.

I mean obviously there are issues - there have been underlying threads that it's clearly from Phaneuf etc (Shanahan even said he hopes that Phaneuf can use him as a resource etc). but is he saying this if he's a Leaf? (and quite frankly if he did - my next question would be what does HE expect to do to help matters).

Nonis/Poulin said that they still view Dion as a leader but they thought maybe he needed some help in that department from Robidas and Komarov. Seems to me that Dion's presence is getting questioned a bit, and if not him then it has to be Kadri or Lupul IMO. And this is not new with Dion, his leadership was questioned in Calgary too.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Nonis/Poulin said that they still view Dion as a leader but they thought maybe he needed some help in that department from Robidas and Komarov. Seems to me that Dion's presence is getting questioned a bit, and if not him then it has to be Kadri or Lupul IMO. And this is not new with Dion, his leadership was questioned in Calgary too.

Not a fan of Phaneuf, at all.

But even the very best captains in the league need help in the room.

Leafs leadership core isn't great. Help is needed. Not sure I'd categorize Leo as "help", though.

hockeyfanz*

Why are you guys so high on some of these guys? Leafs clearly need to go in a different direction. What did he exactly accomplish here? Good riddance.

Toronto has this fascination with these mediocre lunch bucket players..always highly over rate them...guys like McClement/Mike Brown/Colby Armstrong/Mclaren/Orr etc. etc. etc......

Replaceable interchangeable pieces. Meaningless.

hockeyfanz*

I'm pretty sure Bolland didn't ask us to give up draft picks for him. He wanted to go to Florida, who cares? And there IS a problem in the dressing room, that's why #culturechange.

Before he was injured he was arguably our best player.

Not rocket science to see something is wrong with this team..but some on here act like it is. The team is not cohesive. If you cannot tell that there are issues on this team with unity and leadership, perhaps, sports are not for you. I laugh at all those who like to tell us..that we as fans "are not in the room" so therefore we have no idea what is going on...

Like the play on the ice does not have a direct correlation with what happens "in the room"...

Do those think that the LA Kings or Chicago Black Hawks have "problems in the room or not"?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Toronto has this fascination with these mediocre lunch bucket players..always highly over rate them...guys like McClement/Mike Brown/Colby Armstrong/Mclaren/Orr etc. etc. etc......

Hey now, those guys have character levels that are off the charts! After all, its character that wins games, not puck possession, or scoring goals,or any of that useless stuff!

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
soo. there's something 'really wrong' in the Leafs locker room, didn't specify what it is, but was willing to stay in the locker room that is 'really wrong' quote unquote had the Leafs paid him 5.5 for the years he want.

shut the everloving hell up, Bolland.

I mean obviously there are issues - there have been underlying threads that it's clearly from Phaneuf etc (Shanahan even said he hopes that Phaneuf can use him as a resource etc). but is he saying this if he's a Leaf? (and quite frankly if he did - my next question would be what does HE expect to do to help matters).

I hate to keep harping on it but a lot of ex players, MacArthur, Grabovski, Kulemin and for that matter Lupul have had issues with Carlyle and his system and have spoken out about it, also the reason he was ousted from ANA., many of the players there don't have a kind word for him and they didn't play well, nearing the end of his tenure there.

Now it seems if he fails again here, he will be out and hopefully the assissant coaches will be able to pick up the team, after he is dumped but we don't even know, who will be those coaches, I feel with a few more added players, we should be a play-off team.

Carlye is on a short leash and things had better change.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Him and Kulemin were my fave players on the Leafs last year who weren't on the top line or Bernier.

Really gonna miss McClement he was the perfect PK'er and 4th liner. CAR got better with him.

So ya if this is an appreciation thread then I appreciated his time here. Wish him luck in CAR except vs. Leafs.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Well for what he was he was really good at it. We don't have fascination with scrubs like Darryl Boyce, Joey Crabb, Trevor Smith, John Mitchell type players. Those are the ones that are interchangeable, and seem to be career AHL'ers with the rare call-up.

Did you just compare McClement to Mike Brown, Kobe, Mclaren and Orr? You need to watch more hockey. McClement is a 4th liner but those other guys don't even deserve to be in the NHL. Again McClement was the perfect defensive 4th liner who was one of the best at what he specializes at.

How would we not laud that?

There's a reason why Mc keeps getting work and is a consistently in the NHL.

:help:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
If it was only $1mil, I would have loved to bring him back. What a warrior.

It's just a shame that if he was re-signed, he'd be overused.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
If it was only $1mil, I would have loved to bring him back. What a warrior.

It's just a shame that if he was re-signed, he'd be overused.

The range they wanted him back for was under $1.5...hmmm

Canes Fans:
Leafs castoffs? why? Remember Leafs castoffs.
Then again its been a while for them too, for the playoffs

Tyler Biggs*

I don't see why the Leafs would let this guy go if all it was gonna cost is 1 million.

Thought he was one of the more consistent players the Leafs had last year. Good killing penalties and at faceoffs.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
See ya. When the guy is on his game he is a great PKer. But other then that who cares. I would rather have someone who can kill penalty's and chip in a few points every now and then. Out with the old in with the new.

Did anyone even buy his jersey?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I don't see why the Leafs would let this guy go if all it was gonna cost is 1 million.

Thought he was one of the more consistent players the Leafs had last year. Good killing penalties and at faceoffs.

Yeah kinda odd as RC seemed to love him. Talked about his great work ethic etc

Tyler Biggs*

The Leafs will miss McClement.....great work ethic and always gave his 100%.........more talented, younger players would do well to take note and learn from Jay. All the best.

Tyler Biggs*

Yeah kinda odd as RC seemed to love him. Talked about his great work ethic etc

:nod:

The type of character Toronto supposedly 'wants to add', yet let their top grit player, pk, and assistant captain walk for 1 mil.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad