Mayweather vs McGregor Pt II

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Honestly, as a hardcore mma fan who's dabbled sporadically in boxing, this fight revved me up, I'll be ordering the Canelo/GGG fight.

That's great to hear. I hope some boxing purists will be excited to see McGregor go all out in octagon again. Unite not divide!! :yo:

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Is that why Wilder is calling out Joseph Parker for the WBO belt?

Joshua/Wilder will happen, just going to be a matter of how long it takes Wilder to agree to cross the pond.

I'm a Kiwi, I have gloves personally signed by Parker, so I have every reason to like him, but very much have concerns for him up against Wilder or Joshua.

JP is definitely a safer route for Wilder to be travelling.

Joshua delivered in the Wlad fight, no room to question him at the moment IMO.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Honestly, as a hardcore mma fan who's dabbled sporadically in boxing, this fight revved me up, I'll be ordering the Canelo/GGG fight.

It's great timing for Boxing for this exact reason. Boxing as a community needs to be doing more to try to capitalise on this hype further and create more examples like yourself. This fight was always going to be a giant circus, but if people tune in for the GGG fight they're going to get a huge treat.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Rocko, to answer your post in the previous thread, I have no idea what the betting line was for Rousey-Nunes, I don't follow UFC beyond what Jim Rome mentions about it on his show.

My bad, you and I are in the CFL thread all the time, not the MMA thread. :laugh: Been a long night.

Awesome. It's going to be a great match. Will be shocked if it goes the distance.

Also check out Vasyl Lomachenko, Terence Crawford and Mikey Garcia.

Last edited:

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
The more you listen to Floyd the more moronic he sounds. And Conor is worse. I say, let them fight but these guys are ****ing braindead.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

That's the boxing match that has me far more interested in than this one. It will be interesting to see if Canelo has learned anything or if he's going to come straight forward at Triple G. If he does, it won't end well for him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
LOL at the anti McGregor crowd who think this fight proved anything. So desperate to invalidate anything he does that they even hold a loss in a sport that the guy doesn't participate in as a net negative.

I get now why Floyd didn't want to fight another boxer for his 50th win. Mainly because he would have had a far tougher time beating a legit boxer given his decline.

If anything, this is a black mark on Floyd's record and for me, puts an asterisk next to his 50-0 record. He should have won far easier and more convincingly than a late stoppage because the guy he fought got tired. Sad really.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
At the end of the day, MMA did a great job of showing everyone how incredible the athletes who fight in that sport are. Certainly way better than when an elite boxer tried their hand at MMA (yes James Toney, I mean you). I think most reasonable people here would also agree that in a real fight (meaning no rules) the MMA fighter would come out on top virtually every time.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
LOL at the anti McGregor crowd who think this fight proved anything. So desperate to invalidate anything he does that they even hold a loss in a sport that the guy doesn't participate in as a net negative.

I get now why Floyd didn't want to fight another boxer for his 50th win. Mainly because he would have had a far tougher time beating a legit boxer given his decline.

If anything, this is a black mark on Floyd's record and for me, puts an asterisk next to his 50-0 record. He should have won far easier and more convincingly than a late stoppage because the guy he fought got tired. Sad really.

Lol unsurprising response from the obvious Floyd hater.

Far easier? Floyd did this with complete ease. He was not challenged at all. What more did you expect? He isn't a heavy hitter, he was never going to lay him out early. He executed his gameplan to perfection.

You said he wouldn't come forward, he did exactly that.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lol unsurprising response from the obvious Floyd hater.

Far easier? Floyd did this with complete ease. He was not challenged at all. What more did you expect? He isn't a heavy hitter, he was never going to lay him out early. He executed his gameplan to perfection.

You said he wouldn't come forward, he did exactly that.

I don't hate Floyd, I simply dislike his fighting style. He came forward because this fight was a sham, like I said all along. He didn't fight a real boxer because that would have resulted in actual risk. Like I said all along. I also said his usual style is to never put himself at risk by running and hugging. In this case, he didn't have to run as much because he wasn't fighting a real boxer. It was a joke of a fight and never about boxing. It was about money. Unfortunately, they made so much off of so many dumb people who actually bought it.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
You do hate Floyd, you've made it very clear previously.

You said he wouldn't come foward, he did exactly that.

He did it very easily, he was not challenged at all, yet here you are talking about how he should have done it easier lol. He isn't a big hitter, his hands are shot, he has like one KO in the last decade.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You do hate Floyd, you've made it very clear previously.

You said he wouldn't come foward, he did exactly that.

He did it very easily, he was not challenged at all, yet here you are talking about how he should have done it easier lol. He isn't a big hitter, his hands are shot, he has like one KO in the last decade.

I'm not a fan of his, and I hate his style. That's it. And yes, as one of the self proclaimed greatest of all time, he should have done it easier against a guy with literally no professional boxing experience.

Let me ask you, do you think this was a good win for Floyd?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
I'm not a fan of his, and I hate his style. That's it. And yes, as one of the self proclaimed greatest of all time, he should have done it easier against a guy with literally no professional boxing experience.

Let me ask you, do you think this was a good win for Floyd?

How much easier do you want him to do it? he did not look, even for a second, like he was in any danger of losing this fight. The fight went exactly how he wanted it to, spend the first couple of rounds getting a look (you aren't one of these people who actually thinks it was anything more than that are you? :laugh: ) and then he went about his business with ease.

He fought an amateur who was never going to test him, and he wasn't at all tested. There is no "good win" for Floyd in these circumstances because it was little more than a training session for him. But as said above, he was not challenged in the slightest, he never looked even more a moment to be in any danger of losing, the fight went exactly how he wanted it to. You can't ask for anything more than that really, unless it's someone like you who is going to place some ridiculous expectation on him expecting him to KO the guy early despite the fact he's 40, his hands are busted, and he has all of 1 KO in the last decade. Not meeting that criteria is by no means a negative on Floyd, it's just you being unrealistic and wanting him to be something he isn't.

Conor had one avenue to win this fight and it was a slim one. The punchers chance on the back of his power. Floyd checked that out for a couple of rounds, realised that actually he had nothing to be concerned about, and did the job easily.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
How much easier do you want him to do it? he did not look, even for a second, like he was in any danger of losing this fight. The fight went exactly how he wanted it to, spend the first couple of rounds getting a look (you aren't one of these people who actually thinks it was anything more than that are you? :laugh: ) and then he went about his business with ease.

He fought an amateur who was never going to test him, and he wasn't at all tested. There is no "good win" for Floyd in these circumstances because it was little more than a training session for him. But as said above, he was not challenged in the slightest, he never looked even more a moment to be in any danger of losing, the fight went exactly how he wanted it to. You can't ask for anything more than that really, unless it's someone like you who is going to place some ridiculous expectation on him expecting him to KO the guy early despite the fact he's 40, his hands are busted, and he has all of 1 KO in the last decade. Not meeting that criteria is by no means a negative on Floyd, it's just you being unrealistic and wanting him to be something he isn't.

Conor had one avenue to win this fight and it was a slim one. The punchers chance on the back of his power. Floyd checked that out for a couple of rounds, realised that actually he had nothing to be concerned about, and did the job easily.

This is exactly what I've been saying all along and why I thought this was a ******** fight from the jump. I was very critical of Floyd for coming back to fight McGregor because of this and not a real legitimate boxer to get his 50th win. It's crap and it has been from the entire start. He's risk adverse and rather than test himself one last time, he took the payday against what was essentially a tomato can for a challenger. This is why I discount his career and his record. He's a little kittykat, always taking the safest, easiest route to victory. This is also why he won't go down as the greatest of all time, despite his record. Like I said all along.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
This is exactly what I've been saying all along and why I thought this was a ******** fight from the jump. I was very critical of Floyd for coming back to fight McGregor because of this and not a real legitimate boxer to get his 50th win. It's crap and it has been from the entire start. He's risk adverse and rather than test himself one last time, he took the payday against what was essentially a tomato can for a challenger. This is why I discount his career and his record. He's a little kittykat, always taking the safest, easiest route to victory. This is also why he won't go down as the greatest of all time, despite his record. Like I said all along.

The safest route would've been to bob and weave in his Philly shell and coast through 12. He studied Conor for 3 rounds and than walked him down for the rest of that fight. He took a lot of risks chasing down a counter puncher like Conor.. As much as he could that is against a relatively amateur boxer.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

That fight won't get the fanfare of Floyd/Connor (obviously) but is the fight of the year. Two stone fisted killers in their primes.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

Cotto , Mosley , De La Hoya , Marquez , Pacquiao , Alvarez etc is not such an easy road. I don't like Mayweather but the guy is good. Very good

Yesterday was all about money and getting a huge payday. He probably wouldn't have fought Conor for 25 millions but for 125m + about 200m of sponsors money ? That was too good to pass up.

Diddy

Feb 20, 2015
SK
At the end of the day, MMA did a great job of showing everyone how incredible the athletes who fight in that sport are. Certainly way better than when an elite boxer tried their hand at MMA (yes James Toney, I mean you). I think most reasonable people here would also agree that in a real fight (meaning no rules) the MMA fighter would come out on top virtually every time.

I keep seeing this posted on a social media. No duh. If Floyd said "I could beat him in the octagon" then I'd get why people would post this. He didn't. Conor called Floyd out saying he could beat him in boxing. That's why they boxed. Why people feel the need to say such stupid things like this baffles me.
Yeah, one guy mastered one craft, while the other learned a variety to a high level. Really shocking stuff.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I've been awake for like half an hour and I've already seen a handful of "he wouldn't have lasted with him in the octagon" posts on social media.

No. ****.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If people are going to bring up James Toney, you need to bring up Ray Mercer knocking out Tim Sylvia in under 10 seconds.

And that was a Tim Sylvia that competed for the UFC interim belt 1.5 years before the Mercer fight.

Reactions: timbermen

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If people are going to bring up James Toney, you need to bring up Ray Mercer knocking out Tim Sylvia in under 10 seconds.

And that was a Tim Sylvia that competed for the UFC interim belt 1.5 years before the Mercer fight.

Ha! Yeah, that was pretty funny. Loved Mercer back in the day. Good fighter.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I keep seeing this posted on a social media. No duh. If Floyd said "I could beat him in the octagon" then I'd get why people would post this. He didn't. Conor called Floyd out saying he could beat him in boxing. That's why they boxed. Why people feel the need to say such stupid things like this baffles me.
Yeah, one guy mastered one craft, while the other learned a variety to a high level. Really shocking stuff.

I've been awake for like half an hour and I've already seen a handful of "he wouldn't have lasted with him in the octagon" posts on social media.

No. ****.

Whether you guys recall this or not, it's because Floyd said he'd beat McGregor in the octagone during one of their tour stops. Hello? Am I coming in clear?? :laugh:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/con...talk-highlights-watch-stare-down-boxing-video

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad