Mayweather vs McGregor Pt II

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
How many other fights have you seen getting stopped in that manner?

As per UFC rules, if you have a concussion, you are automatically suspended for 90 days. No contact in the gym. If Conor hits the canvas and doesn't get up it is bad for business. Dana himself said he was satisfied with the stoppage.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The stoppage was fine, he was gassed, he wasn't throwing any punches, it was only getting worse and worse.

Conor can say all the hard man stuff he wants about wanting to get knocked out, but the ref has a duty of care for these guys. They don't want people to get knocked out.

Agreed. He was dead on his
feet at that point. Should of just let Floyd finish it to avoid this kind of BS.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
McGregor nut huggers need something to make themselves feel good after last night.

They're the only real losers in this whole spectacle.

Don't worry, I'm sure they all put on their finest Affliction wife beaters, broke their '98 Dodges with Tap Out decals out of impound, and went down to the nearest Burger King to bully the 16 year old drive through attendant that messed up their order to pick themselves up this morning.

Reactions: timbermen

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
You would have deemed it a shame regardless of who Mayweather fought :laugh:

It really would have depended. If he fought a legitimate fighter, I may not have agreed with it, but it would be a lot more acceptable than doing it against a guy with zero professional boxing matches on his resume. I'd have still been critical of his style and aversion to risk, along with how he mostly fought guys after their primes, but that would be me just being consistent. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Don't worry, I'm sure they all put on their finest Affliction wife beaters, broke their '98 Dodges with Tap Out decals out of impound, and went down to the nearest Burger King to bully the 16 year old drive through attendant that messed up their order to pick themselves up this morning.

Wow, talk about a sweeping generalization. :laugh:

I guess it's one thing to own a wife beater tee, and another thing to root for an actual wife beater...:naughty:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I've been following this guy for 15 years and i'm not surprised that people like you can't understand his beautiful skills. This performance was solid way to end the goat's career. Movement baby. Goat was way too much for Irish boy and everyone else. He beat everyone before his prime, in his prime and after his prime. 50-0. 5 weight class world champion. McGregor want to fight him so bad, he talk way too much before the fight, got his ass totally whooped and referee saved his ass. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Bet he has nice black eye tomorrow.

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I've been following this guy for 15 years and i'm not surprised that people like you can't understand his beautiful skills. This performance was solid way to end the goat's career. Movement baby. Goat was way too much for Irish boy and everyone else. He beat everyone before his prime, in his prime and after his prime. 50-0. 5 weight class world champion. McGregor want to fight him so bad, he talk way too much before the fight, got his ass totally whooped and referee saved his ass. Talk the talk and walk the walk. Bet he has nice black eye tomorrow.

He beat a guy with zero boxing experience, and you call that solid? I call it pathetic.

Floyd could do this and you'd celebrate how masterful he was...:laugh:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
He beat a guy with zero boxing experience, and you call that solid? I call it pathetic.

Floyd could do this and you'd celebrate how masterful he was...:laugh:

Your cry is pathetic. Did you waste your money for the fight or that the **** you are crying?

Other guy ask for fight, so why not? Let's give him a shot if he has that much confidence about his power and timing. And as we can see it didn't end very well. Let's not forget his 49 wins against other guys with much experience.

Like i said, i'm not surprised that his skills are way too much for you to understand. Master of shoulder roll. Prettyboy has been beating these ****** and wiggas over 20 years. What the **** do you expect from him?

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
As per UFC rules, if you have a concussion, you are automatically suspended for 90 days. No contact in the gym. If Conor hits the canvas and doesn't get up it is bad for business. Dana himself said he was satisfied with the stoppage.

That's kind of my point.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
There's no agenda. I just think that this fight was about cash and nothing else. To bill this as a legitimate boxing match is pathetic, IMO, given that one of the guys had never actually boxed professionally. Good for both of them for pulling this sham off on the public though. They made a ridiculous amount of money for what was basically an exhibition.

What's really sad is that Mayweather gets to pretend his 50-0 is real and that he broke Marciano's record in a legitimate way. He didn't. He beat in in the most safe, least risky way, which is gutless, IMO. It deserves a giant asterisk next to the 50.

Be honest,no matter what,you weren't going to cut Mayweather any slack.You've been coming up with excuse after excuse to bash him.You don't like his style,he doesn't come forward - does just that last night and you blast him because Conor isn't a real boxer.You are making sure that all angles of your bashing are all covered.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks Connor's next fight will be a boxing match against Paulie Malignaggi?

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Am I the only one that thinks Connor's next fight will be a boxing match against Paulie Malignaggi?

Depends on what the true story is of how those sparring sessions played out.

McGregor loses no face from losing to Floyd, but after all the **** talk about how he beat Paulie's ass, if he didn't back it up his image would definitely take a hit.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Your cry is pathetic. Did you waste your money for the fight or that the **** you are crying?

Other guy ask for fight, so why not? Let's give him a shot if he has that much confidence about his power and timing. And as we can see it didn't end very well. Let's not forget his 49 wins against other guys with much experience.

Like i said, i'm not surprised that his skills are way too much for you to understand. Master of shoulder roll. Prettyboy has been beating these ****** and wiggas over 20 years. What the **** do you expect from him?

Dude, in all seriousness, what's the deal? Are you ****ing related to Floyd or something? :laugh:

No, I did not waste my money on that fight. I've been very clear the entire time here that I had no interest in it and that I found Floyd deciding to fight a non-boxer to get his 50th win to be a complete joke.

And no, I get the defensive aspects of boxing. I've been watching the sport probably longer than you've been alive, FFS. I also get that even most defensive boxers understood that at times, they had to actually stand and trade. Something Floyd has never had an interest in doing for the vast majority of his career.

Like I've said before, Floyd is the boxing equivalent to GSP in MMA. Guy has all the skill in the world, is literally light years better than just about everyone he's ever faced, but just like GSP, he's so risk averse that it comes off as him being cowardly. That's why Pacquiao's tweet about Floyd running to win fights the other day was so amusing. Because everyone in the world knows it's true.

And you want to celebrate that he beat a guy with not even one second of professional boxing experience to break a record of a guy that fought everyone under the sun?? Yikes, that is just sad and incredibly misguided.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
The aim is to hit and not get hit, Floyd understands this as well as anyone ever, LSCII does not :laugh:

Still waiting on the great reason you refuse to divulge for why Floyd should have opened up and been more aggressive in his career. Every time I ask you refuse to explain why that makes sense for him to do.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Be honest,no matter what,you weren't going to cut Mayweather any slack.You've been coming up with excuse after excuse to bash him.You don't like his style,he doesn't come forward - does just that last night and you blast him because Conor isn't a real boxer.You are making sure that all angles of your bashing are all covered.

For this fight? Absolutely. I give him no credit for doing exactly what he should have done. In fact, he gets negative marks from me, because he could have easily ended it sooner. He clearly tested McGregor early and determined he didn't have anything to fear (which he said himself, and he placed that testing out period through round 3), yet he still waited until he did anything offensive. That's pretty pathetic.

I also have been pretty consistent saying if he wanted to break Marciano's record, the least he could have done was fight a guy that was an actual boxer. Not some side show gimmick that was literally going to be non-competitive, like this was obviously going to be. And you know what? He was never in any danger. It was never in doubt.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
For this fight? Absolutely. I give him no credit for doing exactly what he should have done. In fact, he gets negative marks from me, because he could have easily ended it sooner. He clearly tested McGregor early and determined he didn't have anything to fear (which he said himself, and he placed that testing out period through round 3), yet he still waited until he did anything offensive. That's pretty pathetic.

I also have been pretty consistent saying if he wanted to break Marciano's record, the least he could have done was fight a guy that was an actual boxer. Not some side show gimmick that was literally going to be non-competitive, like this was obviously going to be. And you know what? He was never in any danger. It was never in doubt.

You keep going on about how he could have ended it sooner. Please tell me how many KOs Floyd has in the last decade.

Please tell me his KO rate in his last 10 fights.

Please tell me what benefit it would be to Floyd to push the issue sooner and increase Conor's albeit small chance. To satisfy someone like you who would never give him credit anyway lol?

You keep talking about Marciano's record, it wasn't about Marciano's record, it was about 300 million dollars. Nobody else was getting him that much money. When asked about the record he wasn't even that phased by it, and if you go back to when he got to 49 he openly talked about how he hopes someone else comes along to beat his own record.

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Haven't seen anyone mention this yet but

If the tables were turned how long does Mayweather last in the Octagon?

30 seconds if that?

MacGregor proved that he is an excellent athlete capable of entering another realm and holding his own. However we don't know if Mayweather was coasting for the first 9 rounds or not

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Haven't seen anyone mention this yet but

If the tables were turned how long does Mayweather last in the Octagon?

30 seconds if that?

MacGregor proved that he is an excellent athlete capable of entering another realm and holding his own. However we don't know if Mayweather was coasting for the first 9 rounds or not

Holding his own by doing what exactly? he never looked for a single moment like he had any chance in this fight. How is that holding his own?

If McGregor had been in the ring with a more aggressive, powerful fighter, it would not have been pretty at all.

This fight was completely lopsided. He did not "hold his own", he just didn't get beat up because he was fighting a guy who doesn't beat people up like that.

Pretty much anyone can have a decent first couple of rounds with Floyd because Floyd is not aggressive at all in the early rounds. Within a few rounds McGregor was already clearly sucking in huge breaths while Floyd barely looked like he had broken a sweat.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
That's kind of my point.

It would be safe to say that Conor was going to fall before the end of the round. Satisfying one's blood lust isn't a reasonable justification for standing by and letting him get knocked out. I think we have come far enough in the sport to know what catastrophic effects could happen.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Holding his own by doing what exactly? he never looked for a single moment like he had any chance in this fight. How is that holding his own?

If McGregor had been in the ring with a more aggressive, powerful fighter, it would not have been pretty at all.

This fight was completely lopsided. He did not "hold his own", he just didn't get beat up because he was fighting a guy who doesn't beat people up like that.

This, x 100.

The worst part of all in this is that, assuming he beats Kevin Lee, there's now zero chance Tony Ferguson gets a shot at Conor in the foreseeable future. Dana will not risk back to back losses.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Pretty much anyone can have a decent first couple of rounds with Floyd because Floyd is not aggressive at all in the early rounds. Within a few rounds McGregor was already clearly sucking in huge breaths while Floyd barely looked like he had broken a sweat.

So wait a second. You keep proclaiming that Floyd winning was never in question and never for second in any trouble, yet you also say that Floyd couldn't have ended it sooner? Maybe it's me, but it seems like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here. If he was never in jeopardy and the outcome was never in doubt, why wouldn't he have poured it on earlier than he did? Oh yeah, that's right. Because he's a risk adverse little kittykat that even when facing a guy with no chance to do anything against him, plays it safe to a ridiculous level. That's exactly why the guy is a sham.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Hopefully not, but I can see it.

If he does go back to the UFC next this is how I see things playing out...

If Lee beats Ferguson - Lee vs Conor

If Ferguson beats Lee - Diaz Trilogy

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
This, x 100.

The worst part of all in this is that, assuming he beats Kevin Lee, there's now zero chance Tony Ferguson gets a shot at Conor in the foreseeable future. Dana will not risk back to back losses.

Back to back losses? When? Last fight McGregor had, he dominated. This money grab nonsense doesn't count towards anything other than making both he and White a bunch of dough.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Wow, talk about a sweeping generalization. :laugh:

I guess it's one thing to own a wife beater tee, and another thing to root for an actual wife beater...:naughty:

Atta boy, crack a smile and lighten up a tad!

The fight was entertainment. A spectacle. That's why we all bought the PPV, and nobody was disappointed except maybe Dana White who apparently really did believe Conor was going to knock him out.

So what if Mayweather got to 50-0 by fighting an amateur boxer. It's not like people were sitting there thinking "oh now he's better than Marciano, it's official" or something stupid like that. I mean, surely Marciano beat up a few tomato cans along the way too. Everyone does. Like the analysts were saying, there are other boxers that got to 100-0 or 130-0 before eventually losing a fight. So it's not like 50-0 is some magical milestone, people just like round numbers.

I'm just curious as to what the next mega fight spectacle is going to be. Mike Tyson fighting an alligator? Sure, I'll buy it. These things only happen once in a while. I'd love the heavyweight division to return to the glory days where there was a mega fight every year if not more often. But until that happens, I'm happy to be entertained by novelties such as we saw last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->