Mayfield Crosscheck on Kucherov - Supplementary Discipline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Cross check should have been a penalty. But is that Chris Lee standing there again or the other game manager? In any case, League officiating is and has been a joke for awhile. No ones what is or isn’t a cross checking penalty, been like this forever. Bury someone with a cross check at net front, you’ll get it away with it almost every time no matter how hard you throw it. Do the exact same check near the boards or center ice, and maybe you’ll get called.. maybe.. the chances are higher in those areas. No where in the rule books does location of cross check matter when calling it or not, a poorly written joke of a rule book gives the refs complete subjective control over this type of penalty call and ultimately the direction of the game.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
I had to check something and I'm not sure if anyone noticed this yet. Kucherov was cross checked on the right side of his body. The injury that that takes him off the ice seems to be the left side (arm/shoulder maybe).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Cross check absolutely... Not suspension worthy.

Also I understand your frustration Tampa fans. The majority of the League does... Reffing has been embarassing this playoffs...

I think our fans(Islanders) are the only people who are happy they not calling stuff, as you can see by this series our PP isn't really that good so more time 5 on 5 the better

TomppaKoo

Jan 27, 2021
Kucherov got hurt while trying to make a hit on Barzal. That kind of cross-checks occur 20 times in every game and they never get called. Here is the benchmark for OP.

If officiating in NHL was consistent Kucherov should've got a penalty for embellishment.

Reactions: iCanada and cavs

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Crosscheck? Yes, missed call, 2 minutes. Might have caused an injury.
Embellishment? Yes, missed call, 2 minutes. Might have caused an injury.
Missed crosscheck on Barzal. Might have caused an injury.
Missed the whole regular season, might not have been ready to play. Might have affected the injury.

On the bright side TBL could receive some desperately needed cap space. If they put Hedman on LTIR they will not lose any valuable player.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
?

Is every crosscheck and hit thread worthy nowadays? If you don’t want any hits you are free to watch women’s hockey.

this is clearly not thread worthy and we could probably do without the casual misogyny but this isn’t a “hit” this is a cross check. It’s just another egregious missed call in a playoffs full of inept officiating. Sadly, it happens so often that a thread about every missed call would require a separate forum and it would be insufferable.

Reactions: iCanada

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
So you think breaking a rule that doesn't exist in the postseason is the same thing as a dirty hit that injuries a player.

That's pretty cut and dry. Says a lot about you as a person and any opinion you will ever make going forward. Enjoy that.
So a cross check to the right side of his ribs leads to Kucherov exiting the game favoring his left shoulder?

Well I guess that explains my headache; I stubbed my toe on the coffee table. Definitely wasn't the beers I drank.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Kucherov got hurt while trying to make a hit on Barzal. That kind of cross-checks occur 20 times in every game and they never get called. Here is the benchmark for OP.

If officiating in NHL was consistent Kucherov should've got a penalty for embellishment.

Yikes I forgot about this. What an embarrassment by the Dallas player.

Stercrazy

Jul 4, 2007
Let me help everyone out. TB didn't lose the game because of 1 non-call. The fact is the Islanders are good and have forced a game 7. Now, if you feel that TB is so much better then the Isles then why are they playing game 7? Last year it went 6 games. Doesn't seem like TB is dominating the Isles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad