Mayfield Crosscheck on Kucherov - Supplementary Discipline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
9 times out of 10 i say that doesn't deserve anything but if Kucherov is injured I say the lightning send the X rays of his ribs to the league and Mayfield gets a game for it based on the result. I mean games are routinely tacked on to suspensions if injuries occur so why should this be any different? I love the rough and tough game but the league can't be allowing shots so be taken at star players, especially with money on the line for gamblers.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Another example of not protecting the stars, crosschecking has been an issue all season and playoffs long. Ref is standing right there and is looking at the play and doesn't call anything.

Mayfield knew were he was crosschecking him as well, sad we don't protect the stars like how the NFL protects the star QB or how the NBA protects there stars.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Seriously? Maybe Kucherov injured himself diving for the 20th time in this series after the Mayfield check. If Kucherov was injured from the Mayfield check, why did he continue playing and then take a run at Barzal? He hurt himself checking Barzal. He injured his arm or shoulder, not his back or ribs. It’s as clear as day. When does the whining from Tampa stop? Hopefully Friday night around 10:45 pm.

Pageau has been playing hurt this entire series and Tampa has cross checked him numerous times in a clear attempt to,get him off the ice, yet the Islanders keep playing without whining and gaming for a suspension. By the way, Rutta miraculously recovered right after the league declined to suspend Barzal for a glove to the face. I thought Rutta might never play again the way he carried on after that hit.
Adrenaline can be a hell of a drug. I got blown up at centre ice and separated my shoulder in a game once and finished my shift, even had a scoring chance 15 seconds after. Got back to the bench and could hardly lift my arm, felt like I had been stabbed in the shoulder. Look at Cernak, he finshed the game where he got hurt and hasn't played since.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Oh, they didn't cheat. Just like delivering a dirty hit that may have injured a star player isn't cheating either. Its all great, in my opinion.
iu

Reactions: cavs

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
It should be a minor penalty, but the officials have looked the other way at that kind of play all season (and in previous years) despite the league saying in April that they were going to start cracking down on those kinds of cross checks.

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
The hockey gods finally noticed Kucherov puts the Bolts way over the cap and intervened.

If the Bolts win now without Kuch i might actually be able to muster some enthusiasm for them again like i did last year.

Reactions: Maliki2

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Fine for what? That was the Hockey Gods dealing one on the cheaters.

I'm not even a Tampa fan, but this "TB are cheaters, lmao it's karma" narrative is so stupid.

What rules did they break? How did they cheat? The league investigated and concluded that it was fine.

If the Isles want to break Barzal's leg so they can add someone else next season, and bring Barzal back just for the playoffs, they can go ahead. I don't see any volunteers for that plan though.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I'm not even a Tampa fan, but this "TB are cheaters, lmao it's karma" narrative is so stupid.

What rules did they break? How did they cheat? The league investigated and concluded that it was fine.

If the Isles want to break Barzal's leg so they can add someone else next season, and bring Barzal back just for the playoffs, they can go ahead. I don't see any volunteers for that plan though.

Just a coincidence he was available for the first game of the playoffs after being injured the entire season then right. I don't deny the guy was injured but I think they milked it a bit

Reactions: Maliki2 and cavs

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Lol go watch soccer

I actually have been much more interested with Euro 2020 than the NHL playoffs, since the Euros started. They've been very entertaining.

It's funny. At the highest level in soccer, you get to see the star players create magic moments and the game is geared toward that.

At the highest level in club hockey, the game's devolved into dump & chase + point shots, because no one can make plays since they can get mauled without drawing a penalty. And half the screen time is just prison rules scrums after the whistle. The entertainment factor gets neutured.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Just a coincidence he was available for the first game of the playoffs after being injured the entire season then right. I don't deny the guy was injured but I think they milked it a bit

Yeah. And every other team would too if it benefitted them. It's a dumb argument.

Plus the NHL deemed it above board. If they really thought Kucherov should've been forced to come back, take it up with the league and the CBA. Why anyone is getting mad at the Bolts for using the rules to their advantage, like any smart team would, is ridiculous.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What's frustrating is that these obvious penalties that refs are refusing to call are what lead to escalations. This crosscheck shouldn't result in anything because it should have just been a two minute minor. It obviously sucks that Kucherov is injured, but I don't think anyone is seriously suggesting Mayfield receive any supplemental discipline. These are the kinds of plays that make players say, "Okay, I see how it is, and I'll have to take matters into my own hands." Obviously this has been happening throughout the playoffs, and if we're honest, for the last couple years.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Seriously? Maybe Kucherov injured himself diving for the 20th time in this series after the Mayfield check. If Kucherov was injured from the Mayfield check, why did he continue playing and then take a run at Barzal? He hurt himself checking Barzal. He injured his arm or shoulder, not his back or ribs. It’s as clear as day. When does the whining from Tampa stop? Hopefully Friday night around 10:45 pm.

Pageau has been playing hurt this entire series and Tampa has cross checked him numerous times in a clear attempt to,get him off the ice, yet the Islanders keep playing without whining and gaming for a suspension. By the way, Rutta miraculously recovered right after the league declined to suspend Barzal for a glove to the face. I thought Rutta might never play again the way he carried on after that hit.

You guys really are the New York Saints lmao.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
It wasn't really that big of a hit, and it wasn't on the boards or anything. I don't see why it would be a suspension. Penalty - sure, but suspension? No

Also - all the idiots in here rejoicing that Kucherov may be injured are a bunch of f***ing morons. That is all

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah. And every other team would too if it benefitted them. It's a dumb argument.

Plus the NHL deemed it above board. If they really thought Kucherov should've been forced to come back, take it up with the league and the CBA. Why anyone is getting mad at the Bolts for using the rules to their advantage, like any smart team would, is ridiculous.

My suggestion is in the Future CBA they need to make a rule if a guy is on LTIR for a certain amount of time before the playoffs you at least have to sit him for 4 games in the playoffs

Reactions: Maliki2

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
So you're cool with getting two handed to the floating ribs with 0 forewarning and from behind with a stick?

Cool, awesome.

Some people.........
Some people alright. The fools who think this warrants supplemental discipline. This kind of stuff happens all the time. If they were called penalties 95% of the time instead of the current 20%(?) we'd see them happen much less often. But that's not what this thread is about. In no way is this a possible fine/suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad