Mayfield Crosscheck on Kucherov - Supplementary Discipline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

19 Straight

Jan 25, 2006
New Jersey
Seriously? Maybe Kucherov injured himself diving for the 20th time in this series after the Mayfield check. If Kucherov was injured from the Mayfield check, why did he continue playing and then take a run at Barzal? He hurt himself checking Barzal. He injured his arm or shoulder, not his back or ribs. It’s as clear as day. When does the whining from Tampa stop? Hopefully Friday night around 10:45 pm.

Pageau has been playing hurt this entire series and Tampa has cross checked him numerous times in a clear attempt to,get him off the ice, yet the Islanders keep playing without whining and gaming for a suspension. By the way, Rutta miraculously recovered right after the league declined to suspend Barzal for a glove to the face. I thought Rutta might never play again the way he carried on after that hit.

ACLEVERNAME

schadenfreude
Jan 6, 2010
Im actually really looking forward to a Habs-Bolts matchup. "The most bitched about" Stanley Cup Final in existence. The hockey may be subpar but the drama will be next level.

Reactions: Silver Tuna

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I don't think it should warrant a suspension, but I have no idea why the NHL thinks it's okay that these types of plays don't warrant a 2-minute penalty each and every time.

Yeah I've felt for a good while now that these should be treated closer they did to a whack on the gloves. The point of contact in ice hockey is supposed to be using the body to separate the player from the puck. It's not really a "hockey play" to just send a guy flying with a cross check a guy like that, especially away from the net.

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Oh, they didn't cheat. Just like delivering a dirty hit that may have injured a star player isn't cheating either. Its all great, in my opinion.
So you think breaking a rule that doesn't exist in the postseason is the same thing as a dirty hit that injuries a player.

That's pretty cut and dry. Says a lot about you as a person and any opinion you will ever make going forward. Enjoy that.

Reactions: Sweetpotato
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad