GDT: Maybe Start Playing Before OT.. | WCQF Game 3: Calgary Flames @ Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Next game I'd go

Tkachuk-Bennett-Lindholm
Mangiapane-Backlund-Frolik
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ryan
Hathaway-Jankowski-Neal

Gio-Hamonic
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Brodie

Ryan should be centering Monahan and Dube or Czarnik should be in for Hathaway.

Do like that top line though.

Personally i would do:

Gaudreau-Bennett-Lindholm
Tkachuk-Ryan-Mangiapane
Monahan-Backlund-Dube
Frolik-Jankowski-Czarnik

Last edited:

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Prob not the best place to post but ill ask anyway. Im looking to buy a flames jersey and i see there are 2 options, breakaways and authentic. Does the authentic warrant the 100 dollar price difference??

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
These refs are complete monkeys, but who really cares. It's not like Chucky or Bennett wouldn't have been tossed anyway later in the game.

If only Neal would do something.
He need to sit his ass. Play Cz

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
So..... is COL a 1-line team?

Honestly they're a one man team. Rantanen, Landeskog, etc don't even worry me.

We just literally need to figure out how to play aggressive on MacKinnon. We've been playing Kris Russell defense on him, too scared to get burned instead of playing Mark Giordano defense on him.

Reactions: klozge

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

We just literally need to figure out how to play aggressive on MacKinnon. We've been playing Kris Russell defense on him, too scared to get burned instead of playing Mark Giordano defense on him.

Completely agree. They need to play aggressive on his speed and play him way more physically in my opinion. I honestly play Bennett on him, he's probably one of the quicker forwards on the team and would play him physically (though he'd probably take a penalty or two on him).

Though this game wasn't just MacKinnon, the Flames were bleeding odd man rushes and got burned on them.

And as good as the PP has been (a PPG in every game), they've also given up 2 shorties now (each unit given up 1).

And for the Love of f***, the top line needs to f***ing do something. All 3 guys are playing terribly. When they had their 1 big game about 7 games ago they should have never been broken up and sat, they should have continued to play together.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Prob not the best place to post but ill ask anyway. Im looking to buy a flames jersey and i see there are 2 options, breakaways and authentic. Does the authentic warrant the 100 dollar price difference??

Yes, breakaways are trash. They aren't real jerseys. This isn't like the old ones where the authentic's are the kind players use and the premier's are a cheaper alternative but still "real".

The breakaway jersey is more of a pullover sweater thing. I don't get why it exists honestly.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Yeah because Mark Giordan is playing like Kris Russell and Brodie is playing worse than Bartkowski

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
The biggest thing I see is the Flames are giving up the blue line too easily. They’re backing into Smith and just letting the Avs come in with speed and shoot from the middle of the slot every time. Calgary’s top offensive players simply aren’t back checking either. I can’t explain the poor stick handling, the falling down and the constant turnovers in the offensive zone. It’s like they think they have zero time out there. Most of this stuff comes from just needing to relax a bit with the puck and make plays. Be the harder working team. Which hasn’t happened now in 7 straight periods.

Reactions: Dack

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
The biggest thing I see is the Flames are giving up the blue line too easily. They’re backing into Smith and just letting the Avs come in with speed and shoot from the middle of the slot every time. Calgary’s top offensive players simply aren’t back checking either. I can’t explain the poor stick handling, the falling down and the constant turnovers in the offensive zone. It’s like they think they have zero time out there. Most of this stuff comes from just needing to relax a bit with the puck and make plays. Be the harder working team. Which hasn’t happened now in 7 straight periods.
This they're playing him the same way they always play McDavid which is why we have little success against a bad Oilers team. You'll get burned holding the line a few times but just giving it up is the stupidest way to try and avoid that.

Reactions: BobColesNasalCavity

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Next few games is a good test to see if Peters is a good coach or garbage

And bt has more work to do. Softies like Monahan, jankowski and especially Brodie should be replaced asap

I want to say Neal also but sorry boys, we are f***ed with him

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Tfw I wake up feeling pretty alright, then suddenly I remember what happened last night:

eca.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad