GDT: Maybe Start Playing Before OT.. | WCQF Game 3: Calgary Flames @ Colorado Avalanche | 8 PM MST | CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
I like your optimism, but we are 3 games in and we've only had 2 good periods and got wrecked the rest.
If this team has any guts and I know they do, tonight's display should wake them up for next game. We got absolutely outplayed in every aspect and there's no way this team doesn't bounce back.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like we need a different offensive strategy.

Just a hunch.

Terrible performance. Worse when you think about all the Oilers fans deriving the first joy they've felt in years from that terrible performance.
I couldn’t give a flying f*** what some depraved Oilers fan thinks about this game. I care about what the guys in red who thought this was an acceptable effort think about this game.

Win on Wednesday or just call it a season.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Which 2 are you referring to here? The pinch was definitely on him, but that’s the only one.

Considering the final score was 6-2, I don’t think that 1 goal made the difference man. Gio, Hanafin, and the top line were our worst players. Janks did nothing, Neal looked pretty flat for most of the game.
Brutal give away on one of the Mack goals and the terrible pinch. Also thought it was one of the better games Neal has played in a while. Top 2 line just sucked and Gio was bad.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames after the game

JGaudreau

Oct 9, 2015
Next game I'd go

Tkachuk-Bennett-Lindholm
Mangiapane-Backlund-Frolik
Gaudreau-Monahan-Ryan
Hathaway-Jankowski-Neal

Gio-Hamonic
Hanifin-Andersson
Kylington-Brodie

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Brutal give away on one of the Mack goals and the terrible pinch. Also thought it was one of the better games Neal has played in a while. Top 2 line just sucked and Gio was bad.
Considering he wasn’t on for a goal against by Mack, I think you’re full of shit.

Mack scored the first 2 goals. The D on the 5 on 3 was Gio and Hamonic and the D for the 5 on 4 after that was Gio and Hamonic.

While Brodie hasn’t been stellar, this board seems to have a fetish for him as whipping boy when he isn’t even on the ice.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Considering he wasn’t on for a goal against by Mack, I think you’re full of ****.

Mack scored the first 2 goals. The D on the 5 on 3 was Gio and Hamonic and the D for the 5 on 4 after that was Gio and Hamonic.

While Brodie hasn’t been stellar, this board seems to have a fetish for him as whipping boy when he isn’t even on the ice.
Guess it wasn’t Mackinnon, go back watch the highlights and let me know who scored on his other brutal blunder tomorrow

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Guess it wasn’t Mackinnon, go back watch the highlights and let me know who scored on his other brutal blunder tomorrow
Sorry, not interested in trying to prove a point for you when you’re wrong. I have better things to do with my time.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Gaudreau-Bennett-Monahan
Tkachuk-Backlund-Lindholm
Hathaway-Ryan-Mangi
Prout-Dube-Czarnik

Gio-Valimaki
Hanifin-Hamonic
Andersson-Kylington

Smith

Let's mix it up....nothing to lose

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Sorry, not interested in trying to prove a point for you when you’re wrong. I have better things to do with my time.
It’s all good bud, he’ll be gone next year anyways. There’s a reason he isn’t on the top pairing and sure isn’t to help out Fantenberg

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Well we didn't start playing until OT tonight, just never started playing at all.

Babysteps...in the wrong direction.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
Is Monahan just really weak? He makes the most half-hearted forechecking efforts I've ever seen. He's gotta be hurt.

He suffers from post-2010 Iginla-itis.
Does anyone really look at the last 3 games and think to themselves, "yeah, we can take 3 out of the next 4".

I do. Just not this exact group that played tonight. We're healthy scratching most of our fast players and we're anchoring Gaudreau down with Monahan and Bennett down with limited icetime.

This is a good team shooting itself in the foot.

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Btw any thoughts on the fact that a college defenseman provided more offense in one game than Noah "almost as good as Dougie" did in three?

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I think people focused on individuals (especially in terms of "we can never win with X and Y on our team") are ignoring the larger problem. The Avs aren't dummying us because of superior individual talents, it's because of their overall team game. The Tampa Bay juggernaut has, without a doubt, better individual talents than Columbus. But the way that a team plays is much more important.

Of course, it takes each individual sticking to the process to produce a good team game, but it's a chicken or the egg scenario trying to place blame on individuals. Every individual looks terrible when they aren't being supported with the puck. Cale Makar looked like a stud tonight because, as a unit, his team was generating good situations for him to jump in with space. Meanwhile, the Norris Trophy winner was defending odd-man rushes all night and only getting the puck in tight situations with no one open.

But, it's all fixable. The Flames can play a much more controlled style of hockey than they have so far in the series. They can provide puck support to each other and they can stay out of the box. They did it better than any team in the West this year.

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Yeah that wasn't good. Not a big fan of the goonery either, that doesn't show "character" it just shows you being a dumbass.

But Dougie and Flames East had a great game at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad