Injury Report: MAY 7: Neal, Orpik hopeful for Game 4 returns

shureshot66

Aug 2, 2005
5/6 UPDATE

Not much today. Can't get get a read on line combos with much of the team on a maintenance day.

Both James Neal and Brooks Orpik were full-go during the session, which wasn't the case before Game 3.

This space will be updated as needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6WkUsBN.jpg

"Every cellar dwellar who has rotted there over the decades has looked up at our Cups and dreamed of climbing the playoff ladder. So easy... so simple. And like playoff pretenders relying too heavily on their powerplay, many have died trying. I will feed the rest of the NHL hope to poison their souls. I will let them believe that they can compete... so you can watch them clamoring over each other... to stay... on the ice. And when it is done... and the rest of the league is.... ashes.... then you have my permission to golf."-Bane, I mean CV.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Those two would really change the posture of this team. Extra scoring depth and someone to play physical on D.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Those two would really change the posture of this team. Extra scoring depth and someone to play physical on D.

Can Neal also change the lines beyond Bennett just being scratched? ;)

Fire Shero*

Why does it seem like so many people are happy Orpik is returning to the lineup? He's played horribly all season.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Orpik was solid until Martin went down. With PM back I think Orpik will be a welcome addition.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I know this sounds weird but I think where Orpik will really help us is with the break out. After Letang and Martin he's our third best guy at breaking the puck out. Our breakout should improve substantially with Orpik eating up some minutes.

Orpik isn't great at the breakout or anything but he is definitely our third best dman at it so having him in will definitely help in that area.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Orpik has regressed in his career. Not a good year for him. But I'm thinking this layoff will help him. If it isn't an injury that holds him back that is. Same reason I want Kennedy in the lineup over glass. Both him and Orpik were great for us during our runs. Yes I know last year against Philly they were both in , but everything was off.

And I know 09 was a while ago, and both players aren't what they were. But it wouldn't be the first time a player(s) rejuvenated their play in the post season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad