Injury Report: MAY 7: Neal, Orpik hopeful for Game 4 returns

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Purposely stayed away from any lineup news so I can finish some work before stroking it the rest of the day. I'll have my minions deal with the menial stuff.

And of course, I'm greeted to the wonderful news that Malkin's line will get slower, Bennett will be out for TK, and of course, no Joe Vitale and a fist full of Glass.

**** off.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Purposely stayed away from any lineup news so I can finish some work before stroking it the rest of the day. I'll have my minions deal with the menial stuff.

And of course, I'm greeted to the wonderful news that Malkin's line will get slower, Bennett will be out for TK, and of course, no Joe Vitale and a fist full of Glass.

**** off.

Actually, Kennedy won't play:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Iginla-Malkin-Neal
Morrow-Jokinen-Cooke
Glass-Sutter-Adams

Feel better now? :D

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
On Niskanen...
Blowing a tire twice in one game made him look worse. He needs his skates looked at.

On Neal...
Hope he's 100% or near it. He can be pretty tenacious when he wants to be. Don't expect too much and hope he overdelivers.

On Orpik...
Should we place bets on whether we're getting back Orpik v2009-playoff, v2012-regular season, or any other version?

On Bennett...
Doesn't seem to have the fire for someone playing in his first playoffs.

On Glass...
I'd rather not see him around, but as long as he really gets 4th line minutes, I don't care. Supposedly the players like him, but that could just be DB propping him up over and over again. Purely speculative statement.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
See no further than lovejoys quote about being here and every time he made a mistake he saw less minutes. Yet on the ducks, they told him to play his game...,you're gonna make mistakes. Said it gave him much more confidence.

And here we have bylsma benching Bennett in favor of glass. Bennett hasn't looked great , but Glass has? Glass takes dumb penalties all year , his hits are love taps ....and he misses no time. I'm done talking about it. I'm the idiot at this point ...Its like continue giving 20 dollars to a crackhead

roready

Brink, Truth, Life
Jul 10, 2012
iligbpa
Glass over Bennett will be exhibit A in the trial of Penguins Fans v. Bylsma.

Reading Dan B his rights:

-You have the right to split up the Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line.
-You have the right to start anyone over Glass, anytime you still start Glass it can and will be used against you in a court of opinion.
-You have a right to four great additions to be appointed to you at the trade deadline, and you should use them appropriately, because you cannot afford another early playoff series loss.

-You do not have the right to put Iginla on LW.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
See no further than lovejoys quote about being here and every time he made a mistake he saw less minutes. Yet on the ducks, they told him to play his game...,you're gonna make mistakes. Said it gave him much more confidence.

And here we have bylsma benching Bennett in favor of glass. Bennett hasn't looked great , but Glass has? Glass takes dumb penalties all year , his hits are love taps ....and he misses no time. I'm done talking about it. I'm the idiot at this point ...Its like continue giving 20 dollars to a crackhead

I think that's the part that pisses people off. Not Lovejoy now, not Tangradi, not whoever per se. Not that maybe you can't go back to a Despres NOW. What pisses people off-- and rightfully so-- is what happened THEN.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

Complete nonsense. I have my issues with DB, but the whole "I'm afraid to make a mistake" is a cut and paste answer for any young rookie who switches teams.

Don't use Lovejoy as a barometer. Ducks spent 3/4 of last night's game in their own zone.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Complete nonsense. I have my issues with DB, but the whole "I'm afraid to make a mistake" is a cut and paste answer for any young rookie who switches teams.

Don't use Lovejoy as a barometer. Ducks spent 3/4 of last night's game in their own zone.

Except that now you've got Lovejoy, Tangradi, and Strait all saying virtually the same thing about their time with the Penguins... and you've got Despres, Bortuzzo, and Bennett who are getting ice time cut, benched, and/or scratched after making mistakes.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

Not to mention that of the three guys who have supposedly made this quote about mistakes costing them ice time, Lovejoy is the only one who has really turned out to be worth a damn thing. Tangradi is still the invisible boy while playing with players not nearly as good and we've all seen the magic of Brian Strait firsthand.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Except that now you've got Lovejoy, Tangradi, and Strait all saying virtually the same thing about their time with the Penguins... and you've got Despres, Bortuzzo, and Bennett who are getting ice time cut, benched, and/or scratched after making mistakes.

What did I just say about Rookies?

Go read what Thomas Hickey said when he was traded/put on waivers by the Kings. Living in Montreal, I can tell you I've heard that stuff a million times from players who went elsewhere.

Complete non issue.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

But, aside from all of that, it's nonsense. :D

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
What did I just say about Rookies?

Go read what Thomas Hickey said when he was traded/put on waivers by the Kings. Living in Montreal, I can tell you I've heard that stuff a million times from players who went elsewhere.

Complete non issue.

Joke above notwithstanding, lets just say that Bylsma is about as unforgiving when it comes to the rookie learning curve as they come in hockey. I think even you would admit that you're buddy Therrien is a little more forgiving in that regard (unless of course you're a goalie).

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh

Bortuzzo was always one of the odd men out. Despres & Bennett deserve to be scratched this series, particularly Despres.

This whining about rookies has got to stop. The Bruins are healthy scratching freaking Dougie Hamilton in their series. I know people look for every opportunity to complain about Bylsma but he is far from the only coach who is tougher on rookies than he is on vets and makes them earn their ice time the hard way. Frankly, if these guys are going to be a bunch of babies and cry when they get their ice time cut instead of correcting their mistakes, they need to grow a thicker skin.

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Bortuzzo was always one of the odd men out. Despres & Bennett deserve to be scratched this series, particularly Despres.

This whining about rookies has got to stop. The Bruins are healthy scratching freaking Dougie Hamilton in their series. I know people look for every opportunity to complain about Bylsma but he is far from the only coach who is tougher on rookies than he is on vets and makes them earn their ice time the hard way. Frankly, if these guys are going to be a bunch of babies and cry when they get their ice time cut instead of correcting their mistakes, they need to grow a thicker skin.

I don't have a problem with doing it in the playoffs - the games are far too important. But Bylsma does the same thing in the regular season instead of giving them a chance to work it out and grow. It's something that can really mess with a young player's head.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Our youth getting benched for bad play is not news. What is news is when veterans aren't playing well under Disco. Iggy's producing but not at his usual level of play, which I suppose has everything to do with not really having a role to play on this team (5-on-5). You have to wonder if Disco is forced to play Iggy, and if he'd rather play Kennedy if it were up to him.

Also, Brandon Sutter down to the fourth line is quite bizarre. He hasn't been particularly good but his line brings stability does it not?

I look at tonight's projected lineup and I can't help but think Game 4 will be another crazy wide-open affair with a lot of weird things going on.

When you don't ice a stable lineup, you get constant instability.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
Joke above notwithstanding, lets just say that Bylsma is about as unforgiving when it comes to the rookie learning curve as they come in hockey. I think even you would admit that you're buddy Therrien is a little more forgiving in that regard (unless of course you're a goalie).

Well, I can tell you I have an advantage over you right now with that debate because I watch far more Hab games than you do since I live here.

Galchenyuk, who is probably their most talented forward, has been jerked around constantly and was put on wing in order to "protect him". He's easily their most pure talent, but he's been on a carousel all season.

In contrast, Desharnais has been next to useless, especially in the playoffs, but there he is with his 20 minutes a game, with 0 sog in 3 playoff games.

And Travis Moen is as useless as Tanner Glass, yet he simply can't get himself out of the lineup either.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Well, I can tell you I have an advantage over you right now with that debate because I watch far more Hab games than you do since I live here.

Galchenyuk, who is probably their most talented forward, has been jerked around constantly and was put on wing in order to "protect him". He's easily their most pure talent, but he's been on a carousel all season.

In contrast, Desharnais has been next to useless, especially in the playoffs, but there he is with his 20 minutes a game, with 0 sog in 3 playoff games.

And Travis Moen is as useless as Tanner Glass, yet he simply can't get himself out of the lineup either.

Yeah, Therrien is no better. Nobody is worse than Disco but guys like Therrien and Hitchcock are right there with him. Mind you, there's no way Gallagher and Galchenyuk are even given the chance to succeed the way they have if they had Disco as coach. Disco would have kept Scott "he's good in the room" Gomez.

Duck Paddy

May 4, 2010

Link to this Lovejoy quote?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad