Injury Report: MAY 7: Neal, Orpik hopeful for Game 4 returns

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Except that now you've got Lovejoy, Tangradi, and Strait all saying virtually the same thing about their time with the Penguins... and you've got Despres, Bortuzzo, and Bennett who are getting ice time cut, benched, and/or scratched after making mistakes.

Talented young players get healthy scratched on a lot of teams this time of year though. Tarasenko has been a healthy scratch for St. Louis during the playoffs so far.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Talented young players get healthy scratched on a lot of teams this time of year though. Tarasenko has been a healthy scratch for St. Louis during the playoffs so far.

He's also been a different player since coming back from the concussion.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He's also been a different player since coming back from the concussion.

And there's still Blues fans complaining that he's healthy scratched. Coaches favor veterans this time of year and the complaining about it happens on every board. It's not unique to our team or fan base is all I'm saying.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

True. Then again, Tanner Glass isn't starting for St Louis. ;)

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
He played last night.

I stand corrected. I checked the Blues board before last game and there was some complaining that he wasn't going to be in the lineup again and then I didn't notice him at all when I watched the game last night. I wondered how I missed him but then I saw the box score and it said he only played 05:51.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
... but Glass has? Glass takes dumb penalties all year , his hits are love taps ....and he misses no time. I'm done talking about it. I'm the idiot at this point ...Its like continue giving 20 dollars to a crackhead

We are all assuming Glass is here to provide hits. Maybe the organization is keeping track of a new stat, like friction burns.

BrunoPuntzJones

Biscuit Scorer
Apr 17, 2012
Washington, DC
Glass had 62 PIMs this year. Minus 30 for his six fights and you're left with only 16 minor penalties in 48 games. Even if every single one of them was totally dumb, that doesn't hurt the team much.

People just see what they want to see with him, even when they're not actually seeing it. The Legend of Tanner Glass is larger than life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad