Injury Report: MAY 7: Neal, Orpik hopeful for Game 4 returns

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
niskanen struggling in the post-season isnt a new occurrence. its standard with him, since he first came into the league.

Meaningless. Sorry. Nisky was one if the few among our D-men who could look himself in the mirror after the Philly series, and before that he had been to the playoffs just once - playing 16 games on a team getting to the conference finals, as a 22 year old. Losing to the same Wings team that beat us.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I'd like to see them keep the first 2 lines from the morning skate intact and go with

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Bennett - Malkin - Neal
Morrow - Jokinen - Iginla
Cooke - Sutter - Adams

Bennett's been playing very well and looked decent with Malkin and Neal during the regular season.

I could deal with that. BUT, there is NO ******* way Malkin could survive without Iginla on his LW. No ******* way. And, even if there were, there's NO ******* way Bylsma puts a rookie in the top six over Jerome ******* Iginla OR breaks up his first line that is a minus at ES and has the same number of ES goals (2) the last two games as Malkin's **** line.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Meaningless. Sorry. Nisky was one if the few among our D-men who could look himself in the mirror after the Philly series, and before that he had been to the playoffs just once - playing 16 games on a team getting to the conference finals, as a 22 year old. Losing to the same Wings team that beat us.

I had a lot of hope for Nisky after last year. BUT, this playoff (and admittedly it's so far), I'm seeing the Nisky who would play like a guy hearing footsteps after taking a pounding long enough.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Neal skating with Malkin..

Yay yay yay

tumblr_inline_mj2xbfV8Fk1qz4rgp.gif

I have no idea what movie this was from but it's pretty funny. :laugh:

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
I had a lot of hope for Nisky after last year. BUT, this playoff (and admittedly it's so far), I'm seeing the Nisky who would play like a guy hearing footsteps after taking a pounding long enough.

Again - he had one playoff run before. And he was a bright spot on a horror show last year. There is no pattern other than Bylsma not adjusting to what our opponents are doing, which causes EVERY SINGLE ONE in our D to look inept. Well, Martin less so.

dueling mullets

Mar 28, 2013
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 59s
Bennett is skating with the healthy scratches. Certainly suggests Neal is in tonight.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1m
Bennett is skating with the healthy scratches. Certainly suggests Neal is in tonight.

So good it needs to be quoted twice..

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Dave Molinari ‏@MolinariPG 1m

So good it needs to be quoted twice..

Iginla-Malkin-Neal

Perhaps not so good . . . and quoting that just once is enough to make anyone (with a clue) vomit.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
AH. I never saw that one... usually I can deal with Tarantino flicks pretty well. Was that one any good? Heard the gratutitous violence thing was overdone even by his standards so I balked.

I mean... it was a Tarantino movie. So yeah.

It didn't seem over-the-top, to me. But then again, I'm a little desensitized, I think.

I've been on the internet for far too many years. I've seen some stuff and some things, man.

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco
Iginla-Malkin-Neal

Perhaps not so good . . . and quoting that just once is enough to make anyone (with a clue) vomit.

thanks. i was wondering how i would be able to purge myself. now i can great the day with a clear mind, an open heart and an empty belly.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Again - he had one playoff run before. And he was a bright spot on a horror show last year. There is no pattern other than Bylsma not adjusting to what our opponents are doing, which causes EVERY SINGLE ONE in our D to look inept. Well, Martin less so.

I will be the first to concur to this.

It's why I keep asking the question about so many players either looking so inept or so lazy. Are they that inept and that lazy? If so, then Shero needs to go for his personnel choices. OR, are they made to look that bad by a coach who puts them at a competitive disadvantage in the playoffs through his line combos and lack of adjustments? In that case . . . ;)

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
OR, are they made to look that bad by a coach who puts them at a competitive disadvantage in the playoffs through his line combos and lack of adjustments? In that case . . .

No way, man. It's lack of execution. Years and years worth of lack of execution.

Clearly when it's gone on this long and consistently, with several rosters-worth of players, it a combination of bad luck and the players just not, uh... wanting it enough. Or maybe heart, intangibles, small things and other hard-to-quantify stuff like that.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
No way, man. It's lack of execution. Years and years worth of lack of execution.

Clearly when it's gone on this long and consistently, with several rosters-worth of players, it a combination of bad luck and the players just not, uh... wanting it enough. Or maybe heart, intangibles, small things and other hard-to-quantify stuff like that.

You know, I do remember asking these same questions over four years ago about the last Pens HC. Clearly, the coaching change was just coincidental to the sudden improvement in effort and execution. ;)

Duck Paddy

May 4, 2010
AH. I never saw that one... usually I can deal with Tarantino flicks pretty well. Was that one any good? Heard the gratutitous violence thing was overdone even by his standards so I balked.

I am not a QT fan in general, but this movie was fantastic. There are only a few brief scenes with the intentionally fake and over the top gore. If you have 5.1 surround sound it is even better. QT put a ton of attention to sounds in this flick which really add a lot to the suspense building.

Re: Neal
Certainly looks like he's going to be in tonight which is great news. Only question will be which line Iggy plays on.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Glass over Bennett will be exhibit A in the trial of Penguins Fans v. Bylsma.

In which case Penguins fans should argue for a new trial based on attorney incompetence and malpractice.

Bennett and Despres have both been terrible this series. (Outside of Game 1 for Bennett.)

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
In which case Penguins fans should argue for a new trial based on attorney incompetence and malpractice.

Bennett and Despres have both been terrible this series. (Outside of Game 1 for Bennett.)

What do you expect of Bennett? With Iginla looking like a total cluster**** with Malkin, Bennett is being asked to play the role of BOTH Kunitz and Dupuis. He's a scapegoat, period.

And, by the way, for as god awful as Iginla and Bennett and even by his standards Malkin has been, those guys have drawn the Isles top checkers and still have the same number of goals at ES (2) in the last two games as the unbreakable Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis line.

Bennett is Bylsma's scapegoat tonight for his (Bylsma's) own incompetence as a bench boss, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad