Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
I’d send Brassard your way for him. Doesn’t fit the HF proper value perception. But I doubt you’re getting a better player at a position of need for him.

MTL needs a ****ing center. Pens have one that’s overqualified for his current role. And JR will wheel and deal.

huh... Brassard will actually the 3C in a year or 2. right now a average 30year old 2C is realy not in Montreals interrest going forward. but bergevin... you never know.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
In 64 games, which is a 22 goal goal pace in his worst year in ages. On a lousy, low scoring team. Guy has value, period. Why is it only with Patches that this place acts like 29 is old?
I was just pointing out that when a guy has a shit year, it matters. Just like it matters to Simmonds for Philly(my team). I have said Simmonds for Brown+1st is fair right now. In the past, I said the Lucic deal was the benchmark(1st+another asset worth a 1st+a little more).

Things do change.

But FWIW, I think MaxP DOES have a bounce back year if not in Montreal. Not sure he fits there anymore.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
But we don't really need to win this year, so they're no real reason to trade Pac for Brassard

You’re not gonna win this year. But like most of the league, your GM is gonna try.

Playing Drouin and/or Domi at center with no real top 6 centers to support them is a recipe for disaster.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
What? Montreal doesn’t deperately needs a center. We judt drafted 13 Centers in the past two years, including #3 overall Kotkaniemi and Poehling who took a huge step forward last year. If anything, we need LHD and RW prospects/young players

What’s your center depth look like this year?

If you’re not interested in trying to ice a competitive team, that doesn’t jive with huge win now type contracts in Weber and Price.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

If you’re not interested in trying to ice a competitive team, that doesn’t jive with huge win now type contracts in Weber and Price.

This year doesn’t matter. I’m more than OK with the current C depth we have

Reactions: dralaf

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I’d send Brassard your way for him. Doesn’t fit the HF proper value perception. But I doubt you’re getting a better player at a position of need for him.

MTL needs a ****ing center. Pens have one that’s overqualified for his current role. And JR will wheel and deal.

Nah, MTL needs a f***ing rebuild, and our DEL quality center lineup will facilitate that.

Reactions: Aspirine and dralaf

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

I'm good with Drouin-Danault if it means we trade Pacioretty for young assets and not a UFA C we probably won't extend. It's a shitty 1-2 punch, but it's a better asset management for the future.

Bergevin told he will not trade young asset for short term help. He also know he can have young asset for Pacioretty. I doubt he trade him for Brassard.

Reactions: dralaf

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Supposedly the Panthers, Nashville and Lightning are in the portrait.

Considering PK and Max had a rumoured rift (the biggest reason he was moved, supposedly) I doubt Max gets moved to Nashville.

Tampa doesn't make much sense because I know they won't be able to afford him long term.

Florida for Borgstrom + or Bjugstad++ (McCoshen?) makes sense as well.

Max being moved will be dependent on him signing a long-term deal in his new home; trading him without a sign & trade greatly diminishes his value.

Islanders, Devils, Wild, Panthers, Vegas and Pittsburgh are the teams that make the most sense to me.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Considering PK and Max had a rumoured rift (the biggest reason he was moved, supposedly) I doubt Max gets moved to Nashville.

Tampa doesn't make much sense because I know they won't be able to afford him long term.

Florida for Borgstrom + or Bjugstad++ (McCoshen?) makes sense as well.

Max being moved will be dependent on him signing a long-term deal in his new home; trading him without a sign & trade greatly diminishes his value.

Islanders, Devils, Wild, Panthers, Vegas and Pittsburgh are the teams that make the most sense to me.

Borgstrom and a +? LMAO...you guys have to give it a rest already. The Panthers are not going to trade Borgstrom for one year of Patches. Heck, they wouldnt trade him for an extended Patches.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
The Panthers are not going to trade Borgstrom for one year of Patches

Absolutely agree.

they wouldnt trade him for an extended Patches.

Absolutely disagree... Constant 30+ goal scorer on terrible teams with no C depth.

Put him on a line with Barkov and he's a 40 goal guy for the next 4-5 seasons, and then a consistent 20+ for the rest of his career. He plays in every role (PP/5on5/PK) and he excels defensively; in what world is an 8 year extension on a guy like that not worth a 20 year old prospect who has played 4 games in the NHL?

angry pirate

Feb 9, 2009
I'd be interested to see what prospect Dallas would offer in addition to a 1st. Tufte or Hintz? Would Dallas want to shed Spezza's contract? Could Spezza waive for the opportunity to be a 1C heading into free agency? If he regained enough form to be a 50 point center, we could retain 50% at the deadline and get a decent return.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
If he falls to the Panthers that top 6 becomes scary. Definitely puts them in the hunt for a division spot

Panthers top six is already one of the best in the league. When your worst player is a 6-6, 20-30g/50 point winger, thats a good thing. I just dont know if they make a move for Patches. If they trade Bjugstad for him, then the Panthers would have four LWers in their top six. Im not sure who would play the right side. Dadonov can, but can Hoffman, or Patches play as well? Huberdeau excels at LW, so it would be a mistake moving him to the right.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Absolutely agree.

Absolutely disagree... Constant 30+ goal scorer on terrible teams with no C depth.

Put him on a line with Barkov and he's a 40 goal guy for the next 4-5 seasons, and then a consistent 20+ for the rest of his career. He plays in every role (PP/5on5/PK) and he excels defensively; in what world is an 8 year extension on a guy like that not worth a 20 year old prospect who has played 4 games in the NHL?

I just dont think he is worth our top prospect, and as you put it, + as well. Montreal is also not in the position to ask us for anything ridiculous like that, so if they do not want to take Tallon's best offer, he can always go after him in the offseason next summer.

The only player available at the moment, who I would move Borgstrom for, is an extended Panarin.

Reactions: Beezeral

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
I just dont think he is worth our top prospect, and as you put it, + as well. Montreal is also not in the position to ask us for anything ridiculous like that, so if they do not want to take Tallon's best offer, he can always go after him in the offseason next summer.

The only player available at the moment, who I would move Borgstrom for, is an extended Panarin.

keep dreeaming lmao

Reactions: STLomacneko

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
If a trade is under way, it could be with any number of teams. Eklund has been wrong so many times. Montreal needs another center and the Hawks could trade them Anisimov, a pick and a prospect and get them to take Hossa's contract. Trades will start to happen now that Free Agency is slowly dying out. Most if not all the rest of the FAs will now have to start lowering their price range and length of contracts a fair bit.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
If a trade is under way, it could be with any number of teams. Eklund has been wrong so many times. Montreal needs another center and the Hawks could trade them Anisimov, a pick and a prospect and get them to take Hossa's contract. Trades will start to happen now that Free Agency is slowly dying out. Most if not all the rest of the FAs will now have to start lowering their price range and length of contracts a fair bit.

He has been right might be by sure luck doe but still he has been right sometimes. Called Reider to Edmonton before anyone else had it. Prior ones were the Carter/Richards trades. He has Philly sources for sure or had them atleast.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Dallas couldn't get anyone in FA but it's not a secret they need more balanced scoring. They could instantly become a contender if they manage to snatch Karlsson from Ottawa per rumors, and then trade for MaxPac.

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov was the Habs #1 line when they won their division. Dallas could basically do the same thing with Pacioretty - Faksa - Radulov and have them as their 2nd line behind the Benn/Seguin line. Problem solved.

Pietrangelo

Oct 26, 2015
It's too bad Jbouw's got a NTC. I could see Marc Bergevin making a dumb deal around him since he's a LD (which fans have been complaining MTL needs for years) and shipping patches over for him and some other small assets.

Would love to see MaxPac in STL still. Might not fit in the lineup though as we have an abundance of LW's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia