Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTopPerron

Jan 7, 2015
Ptches hasn't been a great player since Chara almost beheaded him. I wouldn't give Montreal any valuable assests for this corpse.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Legit sources aren't linking Patches to the Panthers anymore. Its people like Eklund and Murphy/Habs fans who fantasize about Borgstrom in their lineup.

Thank God they moved on from pestering Kings fans about Vilardi. My sympathies go out to you Panthers fans.

With Kotkaniemi and Poehling in the pipeline, I doubt MB is looking for a C for Pacioretty. My guess is either draft picks or LHD (below 27 years old)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Ptches hasn't been a great player since Chara almost beheaded him. I wouldn't give Montreal any valuable assests for this corpse.

What? That hit happened in 2011 didn't it? Patch went on to score 5 seasons in a row of 30+ goals and 60+ points while being one of the better two way responsible forwards in the league. Since that hit, he has averaged 34 goals and 65 pts in 7 seasons. Patch's problem on the Habs is he is being used as a #1 forward with no skilled depth at center for many years. His ideal situation is like Kessel and he should be the #3, #4, or #5 forward in your top 6.

You likely do not know what value Patch brings if you think he was better pre Chara hit vs what he has done in the 7 seasons after the hit.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I just did a bit of cleaning here. As a reminder per the Board Specific Rules for the Trade Board:

• Validity of Sources - Please do not post in threads simply to bash the source. Critiquing the validity of the source is fine, as long as it is civil and the post does not simply flame the writer and/or source. For example, posts such as "Eklund is trash", "Dreger is stupid", etc. are not allowed, but you can criticize the validity of the source as long as you are respectful and on-topic. Do remember that you do not have to click on any links or read through any threads - you do so on your own accord. If you are caught bashing the same source multiple times and providing no actual content, you may be subject to warnings, infractions, and forum-bans.

Carry on, within those guidelines or don't participate. There's a reason we give various sources, (Eklund, McKenzie, Dreger, LeBrun, etc) tags.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
Thank God they moved on from pestering Kings fans about Vilardi. My sympathies go out to you Panthers fans.
they were pestering us while pestering you. They stopped pestering you, but even though they have slowed down pestering us, it hasn't stopped completely.

I'm jealous of you

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
How can anybody be 110% sure. You can't be more than 100% that is why its 100%, and still that statement is ridiculous.
Just like a coach wanting his players to "give 110% effort every shift!".

Math is hard. Arithmetic shouldn't be.

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
I thought he got traded to the sharks already wtf, anyone else remember this?
That was the rumor going around before we signed Tavares.

Seriously ... Bracing myself for the Sharks acquiring Patches. Doug will inevitably make a move. Maybe Skinner. Meh on both.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

No offence, but it's this kind of ill-informed take that is laughable. Pacioretty has his flaws but in the 5-year period after the hit he was the league's 3rd leading goal scorer if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and one of the team's top-2 penalty killers. Is he perfect? No. But to call him a corpse is to suggest you have only followed HFBoards and not watched any games.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I know that the Blues won't, but can you imagine the outrage of Buffalo fans if the Blues traded one Thomas/Kyrou/Kostin for Patches. They wouldn't have enough stock of pitchforks and torches at Home Depot. :laugh:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
No offence, but it's this kind of ill-informed take that is laughable. Pacioretty has his flaws but in the 5-year period after the hit he was the league's 3rd leading goal scorer if I'm not mistaken. Oh, and one of the team's top-2 penalty killers. Is he perfect? No. But to call him a corpse is to suggest you have only followed HFBoards and not watched any games.

Actually, Pacioretty had exactly 20 goals and 29 assists in 110 games when he was injured by Chara. He didn't even have a 15 goals SEASON yet. And never scored less than 15 since.

It's like... I wonder what some people are doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad