Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
...Nashville? Really?
I mean, it's not like they never had their way with Bergevin. I'm sure they can manage to get him for a lesser player. Maybe make Mike Fisher come out of retirement to trade him for Max? In any case, I'm sure Pacioretty and Subban would be thrilled to be back on the same team!

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
rebuilding with a different wording.
rebuilding without saying it's a rebuild, from habs management
How is your guys cap situation? Do you need to hit the cap floor still or do the Price and Weber contracts keep you up there?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
i just don't see it anynore, Barkov, Huberdeau, Hoffman, dadonov, all being LH...
All the evidence points to Patches no longer being a good fit for the Panthers yet every time Pacioretty's name is mentioned, the Panthers and Borgstrom are not far behind.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Gaud

May 11, 2017
LOL that Eklund is a genius. He words all his predictions in a way that he can say "well i wasnt wrroooong" . He writes the article like "patches is 100%" getting traded, but unless Patches finishes his career in Montreal, he'll have been right one way or the other.

Can Tampa evne afford him? What can we get?

Reactions: dukeofjive

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
All the evidence points to Patches no longer being a good fit for the Panthers yet every time Pacioretty's name is mentioned, the Panthers and Borgstrom are not far behind.
I mean florida are good down the middle for the YEARS to come with trocheck and Barkov but i still don't see them trading Borgstrom to them... i was be ecstatic if it did happen tho... Not putting any hopes into this!

i am aware of the name of pacioretty keep coming back to florida, If it is the case, they would realy go for it this year? put pacioretty on the 2LW and hoffman on the 3LW then trade hoffman or something next year? i don't know what to think about this one, can't wait till its done tho

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Is Montreal trying to rebuild right now or are they retooling?

I think the "plan was retooling"
Once management noticed how UFA did not even want to have a discussion to play in Montreal it's becoming more and more obvious that it's a rebuild more than a retool.
After Pacioretty, I'm assuming Weber and maybe even Price might be potential assets to trade even if Price might be hard to trade with that cap. Pretty sure a few teams would want him

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Devilsrock17

Jun 20, 2018
Nashville makes no sense I see no spot there for him,The Panthers are getting cocky now they already have a great top 6. I can see a few underdog teams land him. Rangers,Devils,Sharks,Bruins,and I'm not counting out the Kings yet.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
How is your guys cap situation? Do you need to hit the cap floor still or do the Price and Weber contracts keep you up there?

$58.8 is the cap floor and the Habs have $66.5M at the moment. Factor in the RFA contracts in Danault, DLR, and Armia and we likely are well above the cap floor. Then subtract Patch (if traded) and we likely sit around $70M (+/-). We can even trade Weber and still above the cap floor.

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
He would but the Blues don't want to trade a top prospects
Blues also traded their 1st for next year
I just don't see them still being interested in Patches
Kings or Panthers

I think they where before the ROR trade took place as they where linked from the trade deadline but I have to agree, that they out of that hunt. Unless they pull off another trade like some said with Steen, Sammy, and Waltman which I doubt is enough or the Blues would part with Steen unless a contract extension was involved since Steen has the years left. I think that was more why Blues went hard on ROR because the contract had years left on it.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I mean florida are good down the middle for the YEARS to come with trocheck and Barkov but i still don't see them trading Borgstrom to them... i was be ecstatic if it did happen tho... Not putting any hopes into this!

i am aware of the name of pacioretty keep coming back to florida, If it is the case, they would realy go for it this year? put pacioretty on the 2LW and hoffman on the 3LW then trade hoffman or something next year? i don't know what to think about this one, can't wait till its done tho
Legit sources aren't linking Patches to the Panthers anymore. Its people like Eklund and Murphy/Habs fans who fantasize about Borgstrom in their lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad