Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Actually, Pacioretty had exactly 20 goals and 29 assists in 110 games when he was injured by Chara. He didn't even have a 15 goals SEASON yet. And never scored less than 15 since.

It's like... I wonder what some people are doing here.
shows how much you didnt watch the guy... he didnt have much icetime in his 2 first NHL seasons... he asked the Organisation By himself to go back in the AHL to play a bigger role wich he did. he had 32pts in 27 games, got a call back, played 37 games, 24 pts with 14 goals... and then he got injured by Chara, Pacioretty was definitly breaking out and etablishing himself. Overall stats checking is bad if you don't know the situation.

would he be a different player without that injury, well thats a different question and im not getting into that.

Last edited:
Reactions: dralaf

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
shows how much you didnt watch the guy... he didnt have much icetime in his 2 first NHL seasons... he asked the Organisation By himself to go back in the AHL to play a bigger role wich he did. he has 32pts in 27 games, got a call back, played 37 games, 24 pts with 14 goals... and then he got injured by Chara, Pacioretty was definitly breaking out and etablishing himself. Overall stats checking is bad if you don't know the situation.

would he be a different player without that injury, well thats a different question and im not getting into that.

You probably should find something else to do as well.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The best return is a sign and trade but he wants an 8x8 in a sign and trade. Unless there is a team he really wants to play for and he lowers the demand he is probably gonna be a lame duck on the Habs until the trade deadline.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
You probably should find something else to do as well.
why because im bringing you facts when you simply stats check and say he wasn't etablished pointing out his 20 goals and 29 assists in 110 games and ignoring the story around it and the fact that he was on pace for 53 pts and 31 goals over a full season prior the chara injury.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Maybe he's implying his source is 36.66667% sure of each of Fla/Nas/TB being the frontrunner.:dunno:

I dunno, I'm still waiting on my Eklund decoder ring in the mail.
I think what you are looking for is called a shovel

I can realistically check out of the trade forum now til the TDL to see what he happens with Pacs

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
The best return is a sign and trade but he wants an 8x8 in a sign and trade. Unless there is a team he really wants to play for and he lowers the demand he is probably gonna be a lame duck on the Habs until the trade deadline.

Yeah, but I don't think those numbers are plausible anymore.

JVR and Neal were the two closest comparables to Pacioretty this year in Free Agency for me. Van Riemsdyk just signed a 5-year deal at $7.0m per, and he's a year and a half younger than what Pacioretty will be once is extension kicks-in. Neal got 5-years at $5.75m. Max shows more production, but is also coming back from a subpar season that may hurt his leverage if he's trying to get a deal done before the season starts.

Right now, I can't see him getting more than 6-years...and he'll be lucky to get $7.0m per with that much term.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Yeah he just scored 30-39 goals 4 times since then
The numbers don't lie, some people on here sometimes I question if they watch outside of their teams. All those years ago and act like last season was hows he played since Chara hit him come on now.

30-39 goals a season is a top dollar player in a league where goal scoring is always low for awhile now.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
The numbers don't lie, some people on here sometimes I question if they watch outside of their teams. All those years ago and act like last season was hows he played since Chara hit him come on now.

30-39 goals a season is a top dollar player in a league where goal scoring is always low for awhile now.
Patches is chronically underrated on these boards, blows my mind.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Bad playoffs followed by a 17 goal, 37 point season, will do that.

I remember people all over Duchene when he had 41 pts in 77 games? It's not going to fly with NHL GM's. They will not be making this reasoning when it comes to negotiating. Trying to devalue the player you are trying to acquire just won't work. You listen to the asking price and try to dangle assets that the team would like in return. That's how you see if you get a bite on your offer.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I’d send Brassard your way for him. Doesn’t fit the HF proper value perception. But I doubt you’re getting a better player at a position of need for him.

MTL needs a f***ing center. Pens have one that’s overqualified for his current role. And JR will wheel and deal.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I’d send Brassard your way for him. Doesn’t fit the HF proper value perception. But I doubt you’re getting a better player at a position of need for him.

MTL needs a ****ing center. Pens have one that’s overqualified for his current role. And JR will wheel and deal.

What? Montreal doesn’t deperately needs a center. We judt drafted 13 Centers in the past two years, including #3 overall Kotkaniemi and Poehling who took a huge step forward last year. If anything, we need LHD and RW prospects/young players

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

MTL needs a ****ing center. Pens have one that’s overqualified for his current role. And JR will wheel and deal.

But we don't really need to win this year, so they're no real reason to trade Pac for Brassard

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Bad playoffs followed by a 17 goal, 37 point season, will do that.
I'm in the belief you pair him with a passing center of actual top 6 quality. He will produce and whatever team gets him will be glad to acquired him.

I can't see how playing 1yr with Koivu / Several years with Desharnais / and recently with Danault can't improve with a legit playmaking top 6 center. He has consistently scored 30 goals season in and season out with the 3 centers above. Koivu was considered top 6 on the Habs but potentially a 3rd liner on contenders.

I know whatever teams acquires him is going to enjoy the rewards.

People act like he is like Phil Kessel when we was with the Leafs. One dimensional with no defense. Put him on Pittsburgh at the same age as Pacioretty and look at his play. He bought into playing defense a bit.

With Pacioretty that is already there on top of the goal scoring. He is always involved on the backcheck, he can PK, and can skate well.

Pacioretty is valuable to a team with good centers like a Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Florida, San Jose, Dallas, Toronto even.

He is a trigger man who plays defense just someone get him in the wheelhouse and he will be money in the bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad