Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
nothing to report... starting to think he will start the year in Mtl which is really really bad and a complete **** up by MB

"oh yea Max I tried trading you 3-4 times but failed miserably each time, now start the year in Mtl and I will try to trade you at the next deadline. And don't forget to have fun while knowing we don't want you back "

I disagree, he didn't have a great last season and he'll probably be worth more at the trade deadline if he plays well next season. A GM may be reluctant to pay top dollar before ascertaining that Pacioretty is 100% and playing well.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I disagree, he didn't have a great last season and he'll probably be worth more at the trade deadline if he plays well next season. A GM may be reluctant to pay top dollar before ascertaining that Pacioretty is 100% and playing well.
If. Probably. May.
After the Weber news, that gamble seems pointless to me.
Best scenario is 18.5% shot at Hughes. Most likely a 6% shot with actual roster and strength of division.

I am I

Feb 18, 2010
If. Probably. May.
After the Weber news, that gamble seems pointless to me.
Best scenario is 18.5% shot at Hughes. Most likely a 6% shot with actual roster and strength of division.

I can see your point.

It is a gamble either way, his value is low now because of recency bias. Trade him now and he lights it up and everyone complains about how Bergevin didn't get enough, hold onto him and he doesn't score and Bergevin should have traded him in the summer.

Sort of a pick your poison.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
I can see your point.

It is a gamble either way, his value is low now because of recency bias. Trade him now and he lights it up and everyone complains about how Bergevin didn't get enough, hold onto him and he doesn't score and Bergevin should have traded him in the summer.

Sort of a pick your poison.
I guess the response to that is, it depends on if I am getting picks or NHL ready players.

If I'm getting replacement players, make the move now. Picks and prospects,wait till the deadline.

You never know what people pay for.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Why is there an assumption anyone even wants to trade for him now? See if last year was a fluke then get him as a pure rental.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I guess the response to that is, it depends on if I am getting picks or NHL ready players.

If I'm getting replacement players, make the move now. Picks and prospects,wait till the deadline.

You never know what people pay for.
Even waiting for picks i am not so sure it makes sense. You trade Max for some combo of 1st pick + whatever prospect, you might hit it big if the team you are trading him to folds. Think Philly last year who wound up with 14th overall. But wait at the tdl and you will draft in the late 20’s to cup contenders only cause teams like STL became sellers (Stastny).

Start the year with a new captain. Fans will not expect much.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
So it's been 2.5 days . . . Has Eklund stayed consistent / doubled down with this story or has he resigned himself to getting it wrong?

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
Guys, we've been pretty amenable up to this point, but if all you're going to do is slag on the source of the rumor, including jokes about how long it's taking, you risk a reply ban and an infraction. If you don't want to discuss the rumor itself, don't discuss it and let it fall off the first page on its own. Again, the Eklund tag is there for a reason - if you don't like his content it's a sign to ignore the thread.

Let us hope haha!

On a side note, is there a way to actually filter out the Eklund posts? Like completely remove them from my view if I desire to?

Don't mind filtering visually, just tought it would be neat to filter automatically.

Reactions: dingbathero

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Let us hope haha!

On a side note, is there a way to actually filter out the Eklund posts? Like completely remove them from my view if I desire to?

Don't mind filtering visually, just tought it would be neat to filter automatically.

Can't ignore threads anymore. You would think with all the hatred Eklund gets he wouldn't have a tag..... I'd guess more dislike him "reporting" then those who like it.

Having said that this trade will happen any minute now...... any.... minute.....

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Let us hope haha!
I cant believe this. Just dont read him. Let people have their fun.

Reactions: uncleben

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I don’t actually see how this is a rumour thread. We all know Max is being traded and ‘underway’ is vague enough to cover any amount of time...

Maybe there should be some rules about the specificity of a rumour? Anybody can state that a trade will happen eventually with 100% certainty.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Because people post his rumors so often that it made sense to give out a tag so that all of those Eklund rumor threads could be easily found?

I'm just guessing here. I'm not a moderator.

(though it was explained in this very thread)
I thought you were a mod at some point in the last 2 years :huh:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Yeah I was up until I retired recently. I was just being a **** because the thing they were talking about was explained in the OP :laugh:
Got it lol, I was gonna say I know I haven't really been posting much in the last 2 years but I know I remember that guy being a mod (and if I remember correctly a Pred's mod/fan. My memory isn't that bad :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad