Eklund Rumor: Max Pacioretty trade underway (SEE WARNINGS IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godzilla

Jun 7, 2011
Montreal
At this point, Habs should just be trading for picks. Time to rebuild. Simply looking to make the playoffs at this point with a mediocre roster is going to make this team go round and round in circles for years.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Futures only. Re-f***ing build. With Weber out and nothing added to up front, it's very likely we find ourselves just as bad as last year. Draft Hughes/lavoie and suddenly things look different. Just need a little luck

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
So

who's going to you know...score...if you trade Paccioretty

Just curious

Max Domi- I hear that he is better than Paccioretty at scoring those empty net goals. Give him the same ice time with the net empty and I am sure he can outscore Max (He was over 40% EN last yr in arizona). Paccioretty is a little over 8% on his career. Wait they are both named Max - even better.

Now given the rest of the team there might not be many opportunities with the opposition net empty but I'm sure the new Max can overcome that with the right Attitude

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I guess, depending on how you look at things. Everything is 'underway', until it isn't.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
At this point, I'm not sure the Habs should even be looking at C for Pacioretty. With Kotkaniemi and Poehling, the Habs should have at the very least their middle-6 centers covered. The 2019 NHL Draft seems C-heavy at the top, and there's also a lot of talent at C in 2020.

I'd be looking at adding a decent-to-good prospect on D + 1st for Pacioretty. Then you can start building around Kotkanimi, Poehling, Habs 1st (2019 & 2020), Acquired 1st (2019), along with Drouin, Domi, Juulsen, Mete, etc.

Reactions: uncleben

Shawn Perry

Feb 26, 2018
Patches is a shadow of his former self and will be a tough negotiator when his contract is up. Maybe he'll return a first and a decent prospect but then again this is Bergevin we're talking about here

Hardly a shadow of his former self. Last year, he scored 17 goals in an injury plagued year, 64 games. In the four seasons prior his averaged 35 goals in 82 games. All this without a bone fide 1c. I get that you aren’t a habs fan and think a couple of rolls of tape and a water bottle should due seal the deal, but shadows are for boxing.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Probably in the minority here, but what the heck. What sense does it make for the Islanders to trade for Patches at the moment? Unless you say something like Ladd is heading to Montreal otherwise I wouldn't entertain one deal for him right now.

I would do this but Montreal most likely doesn't...

Ladd
Nelson
Aho/Mayfield
2nd rounder 2019

Last edited:

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
1261142.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad