Rumor: Max Pacioretty nearly traded Tuesday night at the draft - TVA Sports

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
With the amount of high quality players they are willing to lose in order to get Pietrangelo, if Pietrangelo leaves STL I hope it is to Vegas so I won't have to see him in the playoffs.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
That really is a misconception, driven largely by the playoff against the Rangers in 2017. Over the course of his career, he's averaged .726 points per game. Including that 2017 playoffs, his ppg average in the post season is .623. That's not a huge drop off at all. Remove that year and it's .673.

If he isn't scoring he is 100% useless.

He is a cap liability for teams who want to win a Cup.

He'll definitely help teams make the playoffs so he isn't terrible.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Tasteless Beaver

Here for the hot takes
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
The Jets' GM said he had an awfully tempting offer on the go right before they picked at #10. I really don't think Patioready fits into the Jets' needs at all, so probably not us unless it was a bigger exchange.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
don’t Oilers need scoring wingers?
The Oilers need a third line center, a backup goaltender and a one year replacement for Oscar Klefbom, who averaged the fifth most icetime per game in the league last season.

No, scoring wingers aren't high on the list of needs.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's funny how in retrospect Bergevin was right. He said there are players who get you to the playoffs and players who get you through the playoffs. Just a shame for the most part he tossed away the playoff heroes like Eller, Markov, Radulov and Subban for guys like Patches and Gallagher who never show up when it counts. Still funny to me every time the media hypes up Gally as the heart of the team despite him never making a difference in the playoffs.
Bergevin doesn't know much about the playoffs though.............

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Knights would be wise to make room for a #1 center. They are ok down the middle but I can’t see them winning with their current group.

Reminds me of when the Leafs added Tavares, but needed a RD, except the reverse. Coincidentally, the Leafs might be their main competition outside of St. Louis.

Chipdagger

Nov 7, 2018
I mean Max Pacioretty is the opposite of the kind of player I'd ever want to trade for, but let's not get arrogant here. Vegas got swindled in that deal and still they're cup contenders while the Habs are on a treadmill to nowhere.
If you say so

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
If he isn't scoring he is 100% useless.

He is a cap liability for teams who want to win a Cup.

He'll definitely help teams make the playoffs so he isn't terrible.

not true, he is very responsible defensively and in MTL he killed penalties

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
It's funny how in retrospect Bergevin was right. He said there are players who get you to the playoffs and players who get you through the playoffs. Just a shame for the most part he tossed away the playoff heroes like Eller, Markov, Radulov and Subban for guys like Patches and Gallagher who never show up when it counts. Still funny to me every time the media hypes up Gally as the heart of the team despite him never making a difference in the playoffs.
Funny how some think MB tossed away players.
We got Weber for Subban. I'd do that trade 10 out of 10 times. Radulov wanted to leave. Habs offered the same money that the Stars did and Rad went to the Stars ON HIS OWN.
Markov was at the end of his career. It was a business move.
Eller was never that good.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019

Clownish take.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
There was actually a year where he even got Selke votes. Not a lot but the fact that he got any shows he is no slouch in his own end.

Correct. But we shouldn’t expect anyone posting in player threads to actually know anything about the player being discussed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad