Rumor: Max Pacioretty nearly traded Tuesday night at the draft - TVA Sports

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Let's not play the dog and eat our own vomit.

Bergevin offered that money much too late. By the time the Habs made their new bid Rads had already accepted Dallas' offer which ended up being identical. Berge misplayed his hand.
Markov was let go because GMMB wanted to change the energy of the Russians on our team after the post elimination "incident."
Eller was a great 3C.

Bleu, Blanc, Rouge. C'est moi! Bozo le clown!

Where's all this bitterness coming from buddy? Why hating on the Habs? Light up a bowl. Chill. I mean, did someone pee in your Corn Flakes or something bud?

Just so you know the Caps wouldn't have won their Cup without Eller.

Bit of revisionist history on Markov here. Markov was 38, MB wasnt willing to pay what Markov wanted for a past-his-prime player. 5m X 2 years was too much for Markov

Reactions: Burke the Legend

ForeverHabs97

May 11, 2013
Canada
Never understood why MB traded Cole. He was a beast and Cole was pissed to leave too. Seems like MB doesn't like these type of heart and soul players like Cole and Radu.
I remember why.

He flat out said "I'm thinking of retiring" in a post game interview.

Erik Cole was traded soon after by MB.
Was time to move on.

Danrs112

Oct 19, 2017
And people think there is a market for guys like Tyler Johnson... :laugh:

Oookay, because there were no buyers for an older, higher paid winger that means there would be no buyers for a cheaper center.

Would be like a car dealer saying....damn nobody bought my corvette so no way there's a market for a Camry.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Vegas trying to find a way to shed cap.

In the past they’ve been able to pull stuff off. Feels like now the league is finally giving them the middle finger.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Wasn’t there a rumour that the Habs had a deal on the go with a western team involving a winger and #16?
That guy (who posted the rumor) is full of shit. He wrote that Anderson deal was about to be signed for 2 years at 2.5-3.5m per season lmao. 30 minutes later: Anderson 7 years 5.5m per season.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
This might even take the Habs out of the running for Hall.

Shocked by the Anderson contract but happy we're not in on Hall.

Bit of revisionist history on Markov here. Markov was 38, MB wasnt willing to pay what Markov wanted for a past-his-prime player. 5m X 2 years was too much for Markov

Actually you're the one buying in the official line. GMMB was angry at our Russians and by the time he got over it they all buggered off elsewhere. BTW Markov was definitely worth a 1yr 5mil contract but I guess he was no Alzner.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

He was still Montreal's 2nd best D behind Subban at the time. 38 or not, 2 years was not a CRAZY ask considering that, and the fact that we had no replacement in sights.

You can argue Sergachev was supposed to be that replacement, but then he got traded away. It made no sense whatsoever. We would have been better with 2 years of Markov and let Serg make his name than whatever mess was created at LD at the time

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Patch is a very good winger to pot goals. To his own admission more of a perimeter player. He is what it is and you pay for what he is, not what you would like to be. He had fantastic playoffs with Vegas 2 years ago (11 pts in 7 games , he got injured if memory serves right?)

He hovers over the 30 goals mark each year, and in 60 playoff games has a 27 goals pace over 82, it's not like his play dramatically deflates but he doesn't up it either.

Again, you know what you're getting with him, don't really expect more. Maybe a bad team will take a flyer on him to add some offense? I'd personally do Tata vs Patch ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad