Injury Report: Max Pacioretty Injured - 12 weeks recovery expected

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Unfortunately, it's time to bump this thread. Updates on Pacioretty's condition can go here, along with upcoming **** that happens to the rest of our roster.

Randomhero

Sep 13, 2008
#Pray4Patches

Seriously though, his reaction after colliding with the boards was cringe worthy. No idea how severe it is. Even if its nothing too serious, I can see management shutting him down for the last three games of the season.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
#Pray4Patches

Seriously though, his reaction after colliding with the boards was cringe worthy. No idea how severe it is. Even if its nothing too serious, I can see management shutting him down for the last three games of the season.
Without a doubt he should sit out the last few games.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We could get by the 1st round without him (assuming Habs get a decent matchup), which gives him a decent chance at returning for the much-tougher 2nd round.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The guy is out with a concussion, that's kinda easy to see.

So day to day for a minimum of 1 week as with the protocol right?

Edit: actually day to day and minimum of 1 week doesn't make any sense Ah... It's one or the other.

Last edited:

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
One thing I never understood is why are teams so afraid to tell the fans what the injury is? They must know by now, they don't have a timeline fine but why not release the extent of the injury?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
One thing I never understood is why are teams so afraid to tell the fans what the injury is? They must know by now, they don't have a timeline fine but why not release the extent of the injury?

Because the other teams would know as well.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Richard Labbé @Richardlabbe · 6 min il y a 6 minutes
#Habs confirming M.Pacioretty qui fly with rest of team

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

In this case the video evidence is telling...
I don't think we can list him day to day with a lower body injury. :sarcasm:

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I'm assuming we're not playing possum and that this type of injury just takes time to evaluate, especially when not in Montreal.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
If he bumped his head the question is whether or not he starts getting headaches and other symptoms over then next 24-48 hours. Not much more you can do than rest and hope that doesn't happen.

dutchy29

Nov 9, 2007
SIRISAACBROCKVILLE
He would have had MRI by now of brain neck to r/o bleed, ischemia, structural damage, fracture etc.
By now they would know obviously what symptoms he has if any that would point to concussion. I feel if he had no concussion symptoms that would be released to media, as well if he had a clean MRI.
Like another poster pointed out the longer we hear nothing the worse it probably is.
If he does have concussion symptoms I believe he rests until he goes a certain period of time with no symptoms at rest ex. 48hours. Then they bump him up to some exercise and see if symptoms reappear.
Some of this is speculation but I feel some of this is close as I have some medical backround and just following the whole Crosby concussion thing a few years back.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Therrien is an idiot to ice all his important players the rest of the way. Give Price a couple games off, same goes for p.k and Markov.

Analyzer*

Let's say Patches had a rib injury.

Other players, especially in the playoffs hit and even slash Pacs in the ribs.

He comes back from a concussion, they'll run him and jump and even give him quick shots to the head in scrums that go unpenalized.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Therrien is an idiot to ice all his important players the rest of the way. Give Price a couple games off, same goes for p.k and Markov.

MT is an idiot... but it has nothing to do with this... Pac was gunning for 40 goals and Price for the win record. He did rest Markov... you can't sit out players for too long either or they could get rusty. The idea is to rest one on back to back game, decrease their playing time and promote AHLers that want to prove their worth in order to offset the regulars lack of compete.

He only manage to rest Markov...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Let's say Patches had a rib injury.

Other players, especially in the playoffs hit and even slash Pacs in the ribs.

He comes back from a concussion, they'll run him and jump and even give him quick shots to the head in scrums that go unpenalized.

Yeah,
We need out of those scrums as much as possible again this year.
We are not good at it and seem to always have the sore face and the extra two afterwards. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad