Player Discussion Max Pacioretty discussion part VII: Maximus Decimus Tradius Valus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
yup , i know its because of pacioretty's refusal to sign a shiny new contract in a brand new home called "LA" no doubt
Bergevin put us in this situation.

I don't like MB as much as the next guy, but he usually doesn't show his cards before making a trade. It is one of the first time he is taken with his pants down. Someone leaked the info. And I would say it's someone in LA or agent(s) or Patches himself..

I do thing that Patches was way underpaid over his actual contract and deserves at least a 7M$ per year for 6-7 seasons for what he had accomplished end endure(injury wise) since with the habs. Never had a real #1 centerman to play with.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Throwing it out there guys..............Max is not happy, and neither is Tyler down in Dallas, could there be the basis for a deal with the Stars and |Habs with the main parts being our Captain, and their star centre??

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Throwing it out there guys..............Max is not happy, and neither is Tyler down in Dallas, could there be the basis for a deal with the Stars and |Habs with the main parts being our Captain, and their star centre??
Dallas is gunna want a C in return for Seguin though.

Jul 6, 2016

Would Claude Julien allow that ? LOL !

I could see a Stars-Sens deal though.... Seguin for Karlsson. That makes way more sense.

Reactions: Dagistitsyn

Jul 6, 2016
Still doesn’t have a contract, I’m just hoping they don’t come to terms and they have to move him. Pacioretty would be a great addition to their line up, especially after losing Neal.

Theodore's contract would still be way more affordable that a new Patches' one. + Marchesseault can play LW as well as Patches if not better. They have Cody Glass and Suzuki coming up quickly. + newly acquired Stastny to play 2nd line center.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Theodore's contract would still be way more affordable that a new Patches' one. + Marchesseault can play LW as well as Patches if not better. They have Cody Glass and Suzuki coming up quickly. + newly acquired Stastny to play 2nd line center.
Sad, how some teams have several guys who can play C, and we have a bunch of C who are 3-4th line Centres....

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Gotta get those clicks and subscriptions. Controversy creates cash. we are fans of a team that is driven by the media. They are the ones who create the frenzies out of nothing because they know the market will eat it up and they'll just end up with higher traffic and more money. That's what it has come to.
It goes both ways though, it is what got Bergevin the job though is it not? The man has basically destroyed the team and there is not much for the media to feast upon. I actually found the whole thing hilarious and I think that many people did because basically the team under Bergevin has become one big comedy. He is the problem, he is the one that thinks he is bigger than the team and with every failed ridiculous trade it becomes even more obvious.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It goes both ways though, it is what got Bergevin the job though is it not? The man has basically destroyed the team and there is not much for the media to feast upon. I actually found the whole thing hilarious and I think that many people did because basically the team under Bergevin has become one big comedy. He is the problem, he is the one that thinks he is bigger than the team and with every failed ridiculous trade it becomes even more obvious.
MB oozes character and attitude..............the problem is, it's the wrong type of character, and attitude. Still in disbelief he still has a job... Money Molson is a failed owner right now...

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
MB oozes character and attitude..............the problem is, it's the wrong type of character, and attitude. Still in disbelief he still has a job... Money Molson is a failed owner right now...
All jacked up on roids, yes that's how regular 53 year olds look lol. He is the habs, it's his way or the highway, he is the team. He is a superstar in the eyes of the Quebec media and that is the problem with this team, it was not the core of the team he inherited it was just Bergevin that was the problem. He assembled a bunch of yes men cronies by his side and talent certainly had nothing to do with anything and here we are. Price, Subban, Markov, Pacioretty, Eller, Radulov, Sergachev, Galchenyuk not good enough and now we have Joel Armia, Tie Domi jr , chez and Xavier LaFlamme, progress I tell you.:laugh:

OB5

May 2, 2015

He is without a doubt the most egotistical GM I've ever seen. His ego and his pride killed the Habs. If we're looking at the real culprit it's actually Molson. When the 5 year old gets behind the wheel of the car with the key in the ignition and crashes it who do you blame, the child who didn't know any better or the adult who let it happen?

Reactions: mariolemieux66

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
By all accounts, next years draft is supposed to be deep. Why would any franchise give up thier 1st rounder in a trade for Max when they can play the free market when his contract expires? Makes no sense and would be a stupid move IMO.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
By all accounts, next years draft is supposed to be deep. Why would any franchise give up thier 1st rounder in a trade for Max when they can play the free market when his contract expires? Makes no sense and would be a stupid move IMO.

Which is why our moron of a GM should have A) Extended him , seeing as how he’s the Captain and been our best scorer for the last 5 or 6 years. B) at the very least, don’t basically come out and say to the world that they will not be extending him. Bonehead move there, just lowers the trade value because now that other GMs know there’s no chance of an extension, they can just simply wait for FA like you said

There is still value to playoff contenders to take him on as a rental. 4.5 cap hit is ridiculously good and we could retain some if we needed. A player of Pacioretty caliber should return a damn good prospect and a 1st, but we’ll probably get fleeced.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because teams trade 1st round picks, and often more, for UFA rentals every single year.

In fact, the trade deadline and all the hype that goes around it is based mostly on this.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Which is why our moron of a GM should have A) Extended him , seeing as how he’s the Captain and been our best scorer for the last 5 or 6 years. B) at the very least, don’t basically come out and say to the world that they will not be extending him. Bonehead move there, just lowers the trade value because now that other GMs know there’s no chance of an extension, they can just simply wait for FA like you said

There is still value to playoff contenders to take him on as a rental. 4.5 cap hit is ridiculously good and we could retain some if we needed. A player of Pacioretty caliber should return a damn good prospect and a 1st, but we’ll probably get fleeced.
Actually...no one has said that.

In fact, they said the exact opposite, that hes expected to be at camp in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad