Max Domi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
New fan favorite - Max Domi! Would you trade him for Tyler Bertuzzi?

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Or was it the room? Torts isn’t the only person who isn’t here anymore.
Remember what Torts said. That after PLD left, he lost control of the locker room.
Btw, it`s interesting why Atkinson was traded. If it is just because the team needed a left hand playmaker. I'm just asking.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Remember what Torts said. That after PLD left, he lost control of the locker room.
Btw, it`s interesting why Atkinson was traded. If it is just because the team needed a left hand playmaker. I'm just asking.

im pretty sure Cam was the vet in the locker room who was feeding Portzline info about wanting Laine off the team. Jarmo clearly wanted to move forward with/build around Laine, so Cam was the malcontent who was shipped out in the end.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I was right there with you until that price tag at the end. When Domi is on I think he is certainly worth that amount. He is a player that we need. But how do we know which Domi we are going to get year to year? It seems to me that that uncertainty needs to be priced into the deal.

Thats fair. Just thinking of the player himself, who will likely need to be paid handsomely in order to not reach UFA. He can probably get that price tag on the market, maybe even more.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Most of us are thinking it, so I'm just going to say it. Was Torts the problem with Domi last year?

Firstly, It's only one game. Lets give it time.

Secondly, If we just go on the assumption that Domi has a good year, I would say Torts had an impact on him. Absolutely so. He's a demanding coach and Domi was getting asked to do a role he wasn't very comfortable with (center). I think he was trying too hard to play defensive rather than being max domi. Then it spiraled out of control and he got himself in bad situations.

But its also worthy to note that Domi does this. Sometimes he's great and sometimes he's not. Even some seasons worth.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Thats fair. Just thinking of the player himself, who will likely need to be paid handsomely in order to not reach UFA. He can probably get that price tag on the market, maybe even more.

Since we're not at a point as an organization where we need to be desperate to sign UFA age players long term, I say just put forward a dollar figure that reflects how you value that player. Forget the market. What is this player worth to you, with inconsistency priced in? If he wants to stay, he stays, if he goes, you get a pick or two for him.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
I meant it more generally than specifically to Domi. I think anything that works this year and didn’t work last year will be blamed on Torts. I think there may be other culprits besides Torts. Plus it was a weird year generally last year.
Seeing as Torts wanted out also, it may go higher up. Probably has something to do with bringing JD back. I will agree with last year being weird, but there was something else going on.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Last year shouldn't even be considered. To borrow from Torts, we've lit a match to the tape already. It's done. We're moving on.

At least for contract talks, Jarmo is going to have to keep some of that tape and remember what it is like when Domi is showing his downside. And keep some tape from his Montreal no-show the year prior.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seeing as Torts wanted out also, it may go higher up. Probably has something to do with bringing JD back. I will agree with last year being weird, but there was something else going on.

You're thinking this river of shit had one central source, but really it was more of a confluence of shit from several streams. This has been investigated to death, we'd know if there was some central source.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
I think if Chinakhov and Sillinger stay with the team for most part of the season, and out of all forwards Domi is the linemate they find best chemistry with, it will be hard to trade him.

Reactions: VT and thebus88

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Jarmo will snatch a 1st+2nd for him on deadline if he continues to play like this.

Zero chance he gets re-signed during the season imo. They already tried to trade him. Even if Jarmo would change his mind, I doubt Domi wants to go through another rebuild after playing 10 playoff games in 6 years.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Jarmo will snatch a 1st+2nd for him on deadline if he continues to play like this.

Zero chance he gets re-signed during the season imo. They already tried to trade him. Even if Jarmo would change his mind, I doubt Domi wants to go through another rebuild after playing 10 playoff games in 6 years.

I he nets 246points this season i think Jarmo will snatch 1+1+1st and A prospects. Kiddings.

Max was outstading and he continues that he will be bigest name in tradedeadline and those players are really expensive

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Most of us are thinking it, so I'm just going to say it. Was Torts the problem with Domi last year?

Or was it a brand new team that had a terrible season overall and he had a shoulder injury??

Explain how Torts COULD be the “problem”. He’s not on the ice with these guys. My god.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Yeah like Domi?

He was legit awful last year.

What did Domi (or the team) have to play for the vast majority of the year?? How much belief did the team have in themselves to make the playoffs?? When was his shoulder injured?? How much impact did the immediate departures of Torts and Jones have on the team??

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia

I don`t understand why we should always trade players. Only for youngs? And then again and again? We have very good players, if they show their potential I don`t see any reason to trade them. It isn`t team building.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
You're thinking this river of shit had one central source, but really it was more of a confluence of shit from several streams. This has been investigated to death, we'd know if there was some central source.

We don’t actually know shit about anything. All the info we get comes from people with their own narratives no different from people who post here.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I don`t understand why we should always trade players. Only for youngs? And then again and again? We have very good players, if they show their potential I don`t see any reason to trade them. It isn`t team building.

We have some fans who want to continuously trade for “elite potential” and others who continuously complain about the teams (young) average age.

CBJ Fan Circle of Life

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio

Now that is a good a question. Sometimes that guy that just tells it like it is refreshing.. sometimes he can be grating on your last nerve. Is that possible with million dollar players? I bet it is worse for them than the average dude. They already have very high expectations without Torts riding their asses. Just a thought

and lets keep in mind that this one showing was against AZ. They didn't seem to have very high expectations for themselves, and they were not let down. I bet they are a different team the next time we play them.. after listening to the "We destroyed them" a few thousand times

Last edited:

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Signing a pending UFA after a career year is a guaranteed recipe for an absolutely terrible contract. That is not the kind of building I want to see during a rebuild. If youre a good playoff team, sure, but this is not the case here.

And anyways, trading him doesnt stop him from returning after playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00