Player Discussion Max Domi - The Maximum Dominator (70+ Point) Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I've seen other 18 year-olds come and impress and then stay at that level: Mario Tremblay, Weickenhesier, Galchenyuk and that's just on the Habs. KK does not have elite vision. He has good vision. His shot is not elite, it's decent when he gets it on target. His skating is mediocre and he needs to resolve his balance issues. Don't get me wrong. He'll be a very good #2. But I don't buy the hype being peddled about this kid. Especially on this bi-polar forum. I can see in three, four years many fans turning on him because he didn't grow into what they were hoping for.
I think he's got great vision. He makes really smart plays all the time. He doesn't have the killer shot and he doesn't dipsy doodle the way some players do but he sees the ice very well esp for an 18 year old.
I'm not looking at KK's point production. I'm looking at his play. My guts tell me Domi will be the #1 center for this team. KK does not have the skills to be a #1. I know I'm probably in the minority of one when it comes to that opinion but Kotkaniemi does not strike me as a #1 center...ever. Domi is a superior skater, has better stick handling skills and I would say his vision and hockey IQ is better. Also, Domi's shot is more accurate but not as powerful.
Domi's five years older... huge difference.
I beg to differ. I saw Tremblay at 18, I've seen Doug at 18, and they never, ever exhibited thiks kids'talent and saavy. Never seen an 18 year old display his talents with the Habs ever in my existence. I believe he will be an impactful 1st line center a la Bobby Smith. I'm 52.
I don't remember a Hab player this young seeing the ice so well. I agree, he won't be a superstar but if I had to bet I think he'll become a legit number one. Bobby Smith is a good comparison to where I think he'll get to.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'd just like to point out Danault is our most used center this season, both in total ice time and even strength. Discussing how we are going to accommodate him on the fourth line in favor of Domi and Poehling, or use him as a trade asset, is kind of hilarious.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I'd just like to point out Danault is our most used center this season, both in total ice time and even strength. Discussing how we are going to accommodate him on the fourth line in favor of Domi and Poehling, or use him as a trade asset, is kind of hilarious.
agreed, witha coach like Julien not a chance, Danault is Bergeron v2.0 for him.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
@mariolemieux66
8a53ca990e.png

5-18-23 in 32

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Too bad it would come in a year where we might not even make the POs...and if he keeps this up next year.
8-9M ask?

Stats will have normalized a bit by then, meaning teams will be able to show comparables that have lower salaries than that, unless Domi goes futher than that in the next 2 seasons.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Stats will have normalized a bit by then, meaning teams will be able to show comparables that have lower salaries than that, unless Domi goes futher than that in the next 2 seasons.
Domi only has one other year to his contract. I suspect Bergevin will try to extend him as early as this summer so he can still get him cheaper.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Max is amazing, grit skills heart, everything you look for in a player!! I remember all the comments of the HF drama queens after the sucker punch on Ekblad!!

Its just too bad we had to give up Chucky to get him, I was watching him yesterday in Zona and he would help the PP tremendously and even 5 on 5, having a shooter would do wonders to that passing first forward group!!!
Chucky is not good 5 on 5

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Thats why this team is mediocre.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Oddly enough his bump in play coincides with them coming closer to playoff spot.

Bump in play you say?

The guy sits at 36.67 GF% at even strength!

He's as brutal as he was here!

The only players on our team that are worse than him are Hudon,DLO and Peca! All healthy scratches!

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Bump in play you say?

The only players on our team that are worse than him are Hudon,DLO and Peca! All healthy scratches!

Exactly, garbagechuk’s hockey iq still blows. The guy can’t play 5 v 5 without being an liability. The bar for this guy on these boards is so freaking low.

MB clearly won that trade, glad he is gone.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Exactly, his hockey iq still blows. The guy can’t play 5 v 5 without being an liability. The bar for this guy on these boards is so freaking low.

MB clearly won that trade, glad he is gone.
Jordie freaking Benn has the same amount of points as him 5on5 this season! :facepalm: Good riddance!

Reactions: Zorba

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Bump in play you say?

I dont think there are many people that would claim that Bergevin didnt win that trade, but are you honestly telling us that guys like Weise, Lehkonen, Armia, Thompson etc are actually better than Galchenyuk? I get your hate for the guy, but really? Is that what you're telling us?

You're cherrypicking stats by comparing points from a playoff team with points from the 10th worst team in the league.

You dont like Galchenyuk. That's fine. No need to be making these ridiculous claims.

Last edited:

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
it does ?

like Weber only having 2 more than the amazing Jordie Benn says it all ?
or Torey Krug having the same number of ES points than Benn... says it all I guess ? think the B's would agree to swap ?
Yes, it does. Garbagechuk can’t play 5v5 because he has 0 hockey iq.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Glad the got rid of him. For a third overall pick he was/is a bust. Definitely not an impact player. Domi for him was grand larceny.
Bergevin should be put in jail for that trade.
Domi >> Chucky
Not even close, all Chucky has is a great shot, not enough.
Who would of though we would be transformed by this trade.. Not Bergevin, or else he would have signed Domi for 7 years... at least 5 like Drouin.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Bergevin should be put in jail for that trade.
Domi >> Chucky
Not even close, all Chucky has is a great shot, not enough.

I liked it then and I like the trade more now. Domi competes like gally, Byron, & Shaw. It’s the compete level that has made the team interesting to watch this year. They always seem to be in the game.

If domi has another good year next year, than he will get paid & term. Trade is a homerun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad