Player Discussion Max Domi Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Domi probably wasn’t as good in Arizona because it’s a badly run team with low budget.

Let galchenyuk spend years there and I bet his mindset will suffer.

It’s just a tough place to play when the team is taking LTIR contracts to hit cap floor.

Too bad because I wish Arizona success but that can’t be a great work environment.

Reactions: Hannibal

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
Not sure why everyone is so surprised by a PPG pace, he had 19 points in last 20 to close out season last year. He had a breakout season written all over him if you look at how he played in his first season. I'm guessing that's what Habs management banked on.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I know it's still early, but who thinks the Habs have found a good 2nd center in Domi? I wasnt to pleased about this deal when it happened, but Domi has had a great start and playing center is a huge bonus to Montreal!

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I was a Galchenyuk fan but he never played as well as Domi's been playing. Not even close. Could never drive the play the way Domi has. If Domi can keep this up (even like 80% of this play) I have a really hard time seeing how Galchenyuk can put up just as many points as Domi, let alone more. Domi's faster, smarter and works harder. Wherever Galchenyuk is more skilled than Domi, it's nowhere near enough to overcome those 3 areas where Max has Galch dead to rights.

It's not like Domi's been gifted great linemates either. Drouin's been Jekyll and Hyde and Lehkonen does nice work but he's not exactly lighting it up. What do you think would happen if he played with Galllagher?

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
The great thing about Domi is his involvement in every aspect of the game and his hockey sense. He might not be as skilled as Galchenyuk, but he's engaged all the time and is involved in back checking, zone breakouts, zone entries, playmaking, goes in the corners..like he seems to be everywhere on the ice. That's the one thing that surprised me the most about him is the amount of ice he covers, I had no idea.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
The great thing about Domi is his involvement in every aspect of the game and his hockey sense. He might not be as skilled as Galchenyuk, but he's engaged all the time and is involved in back checking, zone breakouts, zone entries, playmaking, goes in the corners..like he seems to be everywhere on the ice. That's the one thing that surprised me the most about him is the amount of ice he covers, I had no idea.
Honestly, I think Max is more skilled than Chucky and can do it all at a higher rate of speed and consistency.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Honestly, I think Max is more skilled than Chucky and can do it all at a higher rate of speed and consistency.
I definitely agree on the consistency. It's debatable I guess. To me Chuck looks like he maybe has quicker hands, longer reach and a better shot but in a sense he looks more limited because he doesn't move his feet so he's gonna rely more on teammates to create. Domi's awareness on the ice is just miles ahead of Chuck, he always looks a step ahead and his skating permits him to create more on his own for himself and for others around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad