Player Discussion Max Domi Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Galchenyuk never showed us anything like this, Domi is the complete package, a much better fit in this team. We will NEVER regret this trade for one measly second. I hope Chucky lights it up in Arizona, but Domi is our soulmate.
Chuck did show us this. We just weren't smart enough to use him properly.

I do agree though that his time here was well past. I was amazed we didn't trade him already. Anyways, early returns look to be win/win on this deal and that's something to be happy about.

Reactions: Deluded Puck

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Chuck did show us this. We just weren't smart enough to use him properly.

I do agree though that his time here was well past. I was amazed we didn't trade him already. Anyways, early returns look to be win/win on this deal and that's something to be happy about.
No I’m sorry but he never showed us what Domi is showing, pure dominance at both sides of the ice. We had some good times with Galchenyuk but let’s be real here.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
No I’m sorry but he never showed us what Domi is showing, pure dominance at both sides of the ice. We had some good times with Galchenyuk but let’s be real here.
his stretches with Pacioretty and then Radulov at the beginning of the following season were elite.

Reactions: DAChampion

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Why did Domi underperform in Arizona? Was it injuries? A bad relationship with the coach? Or is he just benefiting from working out this summer and the evolution to a more offensive NHL?
Probably multiple reasons - bad team - bad environment - Domi is improving - terrible shooting percentage there - ridiculous shooting percentage here - attitude - he really didn't play bad there - etc
Hopefully he keeps it going. If what we are seeing is the "real" Domi then why not.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
his offense was definitely good enough not to care about his defensive play (actually, nobody was talking about his lack of defense during those stretches)
I guess you would trade Domi back for Galchenyuk right?? I was a huge Galchenyuk advocate, but after watching Domi now I can see how a real #1 center plays, they dominate 200 feet of ice.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
his offense was definitely good enough not to care about his defensive play (actually, nobody was talking about his lack of defense during those stretches)
I think you have to score way more than him for his defense not to matter. I like AG and think that in AZ perhaps they won't care as much about his defense in their particular circumstances so I hope he puts up big numbers there. That was never going to happen in Montreal because they are always going to think defense matters when it comes to centers.

Reactions: 417

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He was a top ten scorer in the league when we finally put him at center in 2015 after screwing around with him.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think you have to score way more than him for his defense not to matter. I like AG and think that in AZ perhaps they won't care as much about his defense in their particular circumstances so I hope he puts up big numbers there. That was never going to happen in Montreal because they are always going to think defense matters when it comes to centers.
not really (I'm talking their current pace, not one of 50 pts or something), best point producers are used in offensive situations so...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
are you really blaming people for thinking a guy who has a hard time scoring a dozen per year is not a "goal scorer" seriously ? are you the kind to think the best playmakers end their season with 10 to 15 asst as well ?

but hey! you absolutely want to talk about the "haters" cause ONE poster compared him to S. Begin you go ahead... that's all you got from all the comments on Domi it seems.

I guess the most important thing to do as posters is to remember the ONE guy who says something stupid (or two, or three even, in case you want to post a link showing 3 posters talking trash) :nod:
I like how you debate. You asked for just one poster. He gives you that one poster plus a full thread of other uninformed posts and you're still making inane points. Talk about someone who doesn't know when the ref counted you out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
He was a top ten scorer in the league when we finally put him at center in 2015 after screwing around with him.
Yes for a short while, when the season was lost. He never looked as good as Domi, even when he was producing almost PPG. I have always been a huge Chucky fan, but come on, Domi is playing like an elite 1C right now on both sides of the ice, Chucky will never do that, it’s not the player that he is.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yes for a short while, when the season was lost. He never looked as good as Domi, even when he was producing almost PPG. I have always been a huge Chucky fan, but come on, Domi is playing like an elite 1C right now on both sides of the ice, Chucky will never do that, it’s not the player that he is.

If all goes well, Chucky will score more goals but Domi will be the complete hockey player. Has a defensive game, sets up plays and scores.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Why did Domi underperform in Arizona? Was it injuries? A bad relationship with the coach? Or is he just benefiting from working out this summer and the evolution to a more offensive NHL?

Arizona has been disgusting offensively for years, in the last six years they have had only 5 players with over 50 points in a year (Domi was one) and only one over 60 points.

In my opinion he just needed to play for a team with a more offensive minded system, plus a change of scenery was likely a wakeup call.

Reactions: DAChampion

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
ever wonder why, when people get over excited over individual/team performance there'S other poster talking about sample size ?

(we're 12 games into the season)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
He’s definitely a 60+ point player from now on.
would be fine with it. that would mean trade is good as it's clear AG was not going to play C for the Habs ever again.

but, 60 pts, that's not at all what we're seeing right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad