Player Discussion Max Domi Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I think there were just a lot of uninformed people (by that I mean people that never looked at domi play) that disliked the trade from day 1 and were very vocal about it. I mean , just go read back the first 5 pages of the ''welcome to Montreal part 1'' Thread. Its there for everyone to see.
while true, I dont think anyone said he was a bad player per se.

so yeah, calling people Domi haters ? yeah! maybe there's one, or two (if we look f***ing hard)...
guess the poster felt it was important to mention him/her or something

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
while true, I dont think anyone said he was a bad player per se.

so yeah, calling people Domi haters ? yeah! maybe there's one, or two (if we look ****ing hard)...
guess the poster felt it was important to mention him/her or something

domi's haters are galchenyuk's worshipers. its that simple. they briefly manifested themselves during his 5 game suspension, but now of course they are silent, waiting for a bad penalty or a couple of missed chances ... its going to come, you'll see.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
domi's haters are galchenyuk's worshipers. its that simple. they briefly manifested themselves during his 5 game suspension, but now of course they are silent, waiting for a bad penalty or a couple of missed chances ... its going to come, you'll see.
The same is true of every player, coach, and GM.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
ECWHSWI, an answer like that is a good cue.
You're a hater yourself. Don't know a single Galch worshiper out there. You participate in the same things.
Subban vs Weber.
DD vs Eller.
Price vs Halak.

Countless examples.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
there's this possibility that neither exist

chances are actually that posters who do not hate Domi represent all but one or two posters.
just like Habs haters who post here regularly don't really exist
or Price haters (well not this one, Price seems to have his share of haters for some reason)

you see them cause you look for them...

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
What a player this Domi. He's the guy that brings the fun and joy everywhere and it's contagious. Such a good team player too. Loved the way he was chirping at the Caps players from the bench after Oshie was going at Kotkaniemi...the way hugged Kotka on the bench. What a difference from that depressed look on Pacioretty's face every game. This team pulled a total 180 in attitude.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He's performed better than I expected... Clearly a very emotional player who seems to be thriving in the Montreal environment.

I hope what we're seeing is sustainable and he rides this wave to establishing himself as an elite top 6 player.

I'm a bit leery still... Remains to be seen how he handles the negative side of playing in a market like Montreal... Does he have the consistency and emotional maturity to maintain his performance & compete level when things go poorly? Time will tell.

Still think Galch had/has a higher ceiling & was worth more than the 1-to-1, but, for sure Domi's current level of play is easing those concerns.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
care to name one ? just one ?

Are you serious? Backtrack on this thread or better, the previous one here https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hey-max-domi-welcome-to-the-show.2503685/

Where Domi is shat on, "scouted" as a player who has a weak shot and can't score, is tiny, weak and can't control the puck and where he's compared unironically to STEVE BÉGIN. I had to write this in caps. Max Domi is the new Steve f***ing Bégin according to a poster here. You will also read a lot of mentions of his character. But spelled hatefully with Ks. Karakter.

I seem to remember a thread getting pretty bad around the time he punched Ekblad too.

Reactions: Habs Icing

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
What a player this Domi. He's the guy that brings the fun and joy everywhere and it's contagious. Such a good team player too. Loved the way he was chirping at the Caps players from the bench after Oshie was going at Kotkaniemi...the way hugged Kotka on the bench. What a difference from that depressed look on Pacioretty's face every game. This team pulled a total 180 in attitude.

The energy that is a trademark of this young Habs team is contagious, so many teammates that exude this type of energy. No matter what occurs this season the chemistry hasn't been this great in the Habs team since their last SCC team in 1993, IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy::wave::wave::wave:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Are you serious? Backtrack on this thread or better, the previous one here https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hey-max-domi-welcome-to-the-show.2503685/

Where Domi is shat on, "scouted" as a player who has a weak shot and can't score, is tiny, weak and can't control the puck and where he's compared unironically to STEVE BÉGIN. I had to write this in caps. Max Domi is the new Steve ****ing Bégin according to a poster here. You will also read a lot of mentions of his character. But spelled hatefully with Ks. Karakter.

I seem to remember a thread getting pretty bad around the time he punched Ekblad too.
are you really blaming people for thinking a guy who has a hard time scoring a dozen per year is not a "goal scorer" seriously ? are you the kind to think the best playmakers end their season with 10 to 15 asst as well ?

but hey! you absolutely want to talk about the "haters" cause ONE poster compared him to S. Begin you go ahead... that's all you got from all the comments on Domi it seems.

I guess the most important thing to do as posters is to remember the ONE guy who says something stupid (or two, or three even, in case you want to post a link showing 3 posters talking trash) :nod:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

Where Domi is shat on, "scouted" as a player who has a weak shot and can't score, is tiny, weak and can't control the puck and where he's compared unironically to STEVE BÉGIN. I had to write this in caps. Max Domi is the new Steve ****ing Bégin according to a poster here. You will also read a lot of mentions of his character. But spelled hatefully with Ks. Karakter.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/mtl-ari-max-domi-for-alex-galchenyuk.2503645/

Is better although most people are upset about the trade(myself included at the time) some did question Domi's ability.

It's not worth going through f0r quotes but it's funny to see the reaction from everyone. This isn't some holier than thou shit, I was upset about the trade too!

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
are you really blaming people for thinking a guy who has a hard time scoring a dozen per year is not a "goal scorer" seriously ? are you the kind to think the best playmakers end their season with 10 to 15 asst as well ?

but hey! you absolutely want to talk about the "haters" cause ONE poster compared him to S. Begin you go ahead... that's all you got from all the comments on Domi it seems.

I guess the most important thing to do as posters is to remember the ONE guy who says something stupid (or two, or three even, in case you want to post a link showing 3 posters talking trash) :nod:

A majority of posters decried this excellent trade framing it as the Habs trading some sort of supreme talent (lol) for a vulgar grinder and role player. That's a fact. You took offense at a post of mine and asked me to find one, *just one* example of hating on Domi. Your emphasis, not mine. I think I've obliged.

It's not like Domi is some mystery player people didn't know about, BTW. He's been on the radar way before being drafted and was showcased in international tournaments as well. Pretty much anyone relatively informed would have known that unflattering description of Domi was ridiculous.

I'm glad Domi is proving a lot of people here wrong and kicking ass. I'm not really sure what your objection is at this point.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
A majority of posters decried this excellent trade framing it as the Habs trading some sort of supreme talent (lol) for a vulgar grinder and role player. That's a fact. You took offense at a post of mine and asked me to find one, *just one* example of hating on Domi. Your emphasis, not mine. I think I've obliged.

It's not like Domi is some mystery player people didn't know about, BTW. He's been on the radar way before being drafted and was showcased in international tournaments as well. Pretty much anyone relatively informed would have known that unflattering description of Domi was ridiculous.

I'm glad Domi is proving a lot of people here wrong and kicking ass. I'm not really sure what your objection is at this point.
offense ? nope... just think it's Pejorative Slured to call poeple on the other side of the "debate" haters/lovers when the best you are doing yourself is what, mocking whoever thinks AG is great ? pretend one of the two guys who have similar production is MUCH better than the other ? after a huge sample of a dozen of games ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
offense ? nope... just think it's ******ed to call poeple on the other side of the "debate" haters/lovers when the best you are doing yourself is what, mocking whoever thinks AG is great ? pretend one of the two guys who have similar production is MUCH better than the other ? after a huge sample of a dozen of games ?

(cause yeah, "informed" people sure... like Habs fans watched the Yotes over the last few seasons, yeah right!)

I know you're not.

anyway,I'll leave you to your Domi Wet Dreams.
Galchenyuk never showed us anything like this, Domi is the complete package, a much better fit in this team. We will NEVER regret this trade for one measly second. I hope Chucky lights it up in Arizona, but Domi is our soulmate.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Galchenyuk never showed us anything like this, Domi is the complete package, a much better fit in this team. We will NEVER regret this trade for one measly second. I hope Chucky lights it up in Arizona, but Domi is our soulmate.
For sure. Galchenyuk was soft. Domi adds tenacity. Something like Radulov had. Speed also. Galchenyuk was average skater at best. Points will probably equal out though. But I would take Domi over Galchenyuk 100 times out of 100.

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Why did Domi underperform in Arizona? Was it injuries? A bad relationship with the coach? Or is he just benefiting from working out this summer and the evolution to a more offensive NHL?

Reactions: Deluded Puck

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Why did Domi underperform in Arizona? Was it injuries? A bad relationship with the coach? Or is he just benefiting from working out this summer and the evolution to a more offensive NHL?
my take would be that the "new speedy" NHL fits a player of his kind a lot.

I'm just not sure it's sustainable though, it must be f***ing tough on the body to play like that (compared to others who pick their spot) and it makes it tough for teams to keep playing that way as it requires everybody to play a craxy tempo game for 60 minutes.

Reactions: DAChampion

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
my take would be that the "new speedy" NHL fits a player of his kind a lot.

I'm just not sure it's sustainable though, it must be ****ing tough on the body to play like that (compared to others who pick their spot) and it makes it tough for teams to keep playing that way as it requires everybody to play a craxy tempo game for 60 minutes.

It might be sustainable if "the new NHL" actually lasts.

I prefer this myself, but I worry that Bettman might order the refs to return to old habits.

The last time that we had a new NHL was in 2005-06. It lasted one season.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
It might be sustainable if "the new NHL" actually lasts.

I prefer this myself, but I worry that Bettman might order the refs to return to old habits.

The last time that we had a new NHL was in 2005-06. It lasted one season.
true, that I can see change and comeback to what it was... meaning when ref start keeping the whistle in their pocket, smaller teams like the Habs will suffer from it.

for example, a guy like Gallagher hasnt been slashed and pushed from the net much so far, it will change.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
true, that I can see change and comeback to what it was... meaning when ref start keeping the whistle in their pocket, smaller teams like the Habs will suffer from it.

for example, a guy like Gallagher hasnt been slashed and pushed from the net much so far, it will change.

I hope it doesn't ! I prefer the high scoring NHL, independently of the Habs. I also don't like slashing wrists as a defensive strategy.

Reactions: ECWHSWI
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad