Player Discussion Max Domi - Overdue Hot Streak

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Domi for Brodin is fair, but I'd like to give Domi one more chance next year. He's better than what he has shown this year. Maybe not as good as last year, but he can be a 60+ point player for sure.

Hacketts

Jul 12, 2018
My professional medical opinion is that Domi shouldn't play.

Covid-19 could cause him to get Antis-Lafrenieritis and it would spread through the whole team.

Just a terrible situation all around, best to avoid it.

Funny how he's the type that would thrive the most in a playoff situation.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Pretty sure Domi will end up playing in the play-in series but, yeah, his health condition sure would be a suitable excuse t keep talent out of the lineup in our matchup against Pittsburgh. Been hearing that Montreal's medical staff is also really weary of rushing Kotkaniemi back to the ice after a spleen injury or, Price because they wouldn't want him to get injured ahead of time for next season ;)

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pretty sure Domi will end up playing in the play-in series but, yeah, his health condition sure would be a suitable excuse t keep talent out of the lineup in our matchup against Pittsburgh. Been hearing that Montreal's medical staff is also really weary of rushing Kotkaniemi back to the ice after a spleen injury or, Price because they wouldn't want him to get injured ahead of time for next season ;)

They should only clear Lindgren, Kinkaid, and McNiven for the Play-In Series.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Sounds like a lawsuit protection gesture because the players will be able to seek a second opinion to be allowed to play...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

4.5 months from when the Pens beat us to the start of the next season. Price will play. Domi is 50/50 cause he has his diabetes under control. Comes down to what Domi is willing to do.

As far as Kotkaniemi... He should be 100% healthy at this point. He didn't have surgery and it's been well past he recommended recovery time. Will they be conservative on him? I think that will come down to test in camp and also how he performs.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And McNiven and Lindgren only as backups. Lets allow Kinkaid to shine:sarcasm:

Play everyone and we likely still loose. Good Karma heading into the draft lottery. Try to manage it so we loose? Who knows but I would just let the players and coaches do their thing and not try to mess with it. Let the hockey gods do their thing cause I got a good feeling about this. Who knows but man.. 12.5% chance is the best thing we got going for us lately lol

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
4.5 months from when the Pens beat us to the start of the next season. Price will play. Domi is 50/50 cause he has his diabetes under control. Comes down to what Domi is willing to do.

As far as Kotkaniemi... He should be 100% healthy at this point. He didn't have surgery and it's been well past he recommended recovery time. Will they be conservative on him? I think that will come down to test in camp and also how he performs.

i'm pretty sure KK will play. Good chances some regular players don't want to play.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Must be a tough decision to make , assuming the league allows him to play. Getting only a slight decrease in pulmonary function due to covid (and it’s been seen in people not even hospitalized several weeks after recovery) would really screw up his career and the big pay check he is about to have. I’m sure he wants to play, but is it wise...

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Must be a tough decision to make , assuming the league allows him to play. Getting only a slight decrease in pulmonary function due to covid (and it’s been seen in people not even hospitalized several weeks after recovery) would really screw up his career and the big pay check he is about to have. I’m sure he wants to play, but is it wise...

If the league allows him to play,pretty sure he'll want to play and drive up his value.

Reactions: KFlint

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Glad to hear that neither party is rushing to make a decision. But I thought all players had to advise their teams by start of camp. Is this an exception? Or can the team agree to waive that deadline on a case by case basis?

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

«Rabasa-Lhoret: S’il m’appelait, je lui dirais qu’il peut très bien aller faire le camp d’entraînement et les séries sans risque particulier. Ces gens-là vont être dépistés et re-dépistés. Ils vivent dans une bulle. Je ne vois pas de raison pour laquelle il pourrait ne pas vouloir y aller. Le "surrisque" [risque supplémentaire dans le jargon de la médecine] est très modeste. Si on reprend le cas de Max, le diabète de type 1 présente moins de risques que le diabète de type 2. Les gens jeunes sont moins à risque que les gens âgés et les gens sans surpoids sont moins à risque que les gens en surpoids »

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Is he a fat vegan? Is that even a thing? Being serious here.
Believe it or not, it's not protein or even fat that makes one obese. Even someone who doesn't pig out on junk food or ordinary calories will get fat if they overdo it on carbs. I should know, two years ago I was 195 and never overate or indulged in junk food. I drastically reduced carbs in my diet and followed an intermittent fasting regime and dropped 30 pounds in 9 months. I reduced bread and fruits. I'm not a true blue vegetarian. I eat fish and eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad