Value of: Max Domi - Mega Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Pretty sure MTL is still looking for a Top 6 PF or Sniper with size AND a puck moving LD. Could see Kulak leaving and Edm on the right side.

Hanifin/Weber
Chiarot/Petry
Romanov/Edm

trade Kulak, I'm not eager to trade Mete yet, and then we have a solid core.
2-3 years Norlinder can come but he is as good on the RD and in 2 years we can give Edm or Chiarot to the Expansion draft or trade them before the deadline.

Could package a Mete + Domi or Kulak + Domi for Hanifin + Bennett ?

Montreal didn't acquire and then sign Edmundson to play on the 3rd pair and his off-side. That's illogical and not consistent with any of the reporting around it.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
He's an undersized d-man who's offensive game hasn't translated well to the NHL.
ya, we will keep him then, no need to trade Mete.

Montreal didn't acquire and then sign Edmundson to play on the 3rd pair and his off-side. That's illogical and not consistent with any of the reporting around it.

Edm cost ZERO for Mtl to acquire, this is the reason why. He wasn't their first choice, he is a #4-5-6 and Bergevin went out to say they are still looking at opportunity for a puck moving LD, which we really need for the first pair.

EDM/Chiarot are 2 D that will be easy to move before Seattle or/and Norlinder/Harris/Strubble arrive in the club in 2-3 years. Hell, I would even say that Norlinder will be NHL ready next year.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010

Edm cost ZERO for Mtl to acquire, this is the reason why. He wasn't their first choice, he is a #4-5-6 and Bergevin went out to say they are still looking at opportunity for a puck moving LD, which we really need for the first pair.

EDM/Chiarot are 2 D that will be easy to move before Seattle or/and Norlinder/Harris/Strubble arrive in the club in 2-3 years. Hell, I would even say that Norlinder will be NHL ready next year.

Montreal didn't trade for and then sign Edmundson weeks before the UFA period for him to be an off-hand 3rd pair D-man. Bergevin has made stupid moves, but even he knows Montreal doesn't have the cap space to get both a top pair PMD AND the scoring winger(s) they need after signing Edmundson to that contract. doing a Domi-Hanifin swap really limits Montreal's ability to fill a bigger hole.

Reactions: Ben Chariot

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
Montreal didn't trade for and then sign Edmundson weeks before the UFA period for him to be an off-hand 3rd pair D-man. Bergevin has made stupid moves, but even he knows Montreal doesn't have the cap space to get both a top pair PMD AND the scoring winger(s) they need after signing Edmundson to that contract. doing a Domi-Hanifin swap really limits Montreal's ability to fill a bigger hole.

They will trade salary for salary on the big top 6 winger and LD. and then WE still have 10m+ left. He just needs to be smart with new contracts.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I’m really hoping to see a big three way deal. Domi for Dumba, and Dumba for Ehlers. To me, this gets each team what they need, and has fair value from player to player.

Reactions: Mashed Potatoes

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I’m really hoping to see a big three way deal. Domi for Dumba, and Dumba for Ehlers. To me, this gets each team what they need, and has fair value from player to player.
Except for Winnipeg, who don't need Dumba and wouldn't consider the deal.

Reactions: Nedarb

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Hey, I'm guessing Elias Lindholm won't be traded right? Especially if Domi is the centerpiece?
Or...

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
They will trade salary for salary on the big top 6 winger and LD. and then WE still have 10m+ left. He just needs to be smart with new contracts.

Montreal doesn't have enough available trade assets to get both pieces in salary for salary trades, especially if they move Domi for Hanifin.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
The wild need Ehlers for what exactly??
That's what happens when a fan that doesn't know anything about either team proposes a trade to fill needs for those teams. You get the proposal turned down by Winnipeg and Minnesota, since needs aren't meet for either team.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The wild need Ehlers for what exactly??
Ehlers ends up in Montreal. Wild get Domi.
Wild get a top two centre.
Habs get a scoring winger.
Jets get a top four D.
Win
Win
Win
And likely Domi signs for less than the six mil the other two are getting.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Ehlers ends up in Montreal. Wild get Domi.
Wild get a top two centre.
Habs get a scoring winger.
Jets get a top four D.
Win
Win
Win
And likely Domi signs for less than the six mil the other two are getting.
is domi a center though is the question that is not answered. MON fans say so as then his value goes higher but if he is just another lw its a waste of time.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
is domi a center though is the question that is not answered. MON fans say so as then his value goes higher but if he is just another lw its a waste of time.

If Montreal thought Domi was a winger (and they don't), they'd be FAR less likely to move him.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
A Hab’s fan posted the idea of Domi for Hanifin. If MB can do that it’s far better fir the Habs than Ehlers.

Captain Mountain

Jun 6, 2010
Agreed that Domi for Hanifin is a better return for the Habs than Ehlers.

Thats not what I meant, I was speaking more to the fact that Montreal doesn't really have the avialable trade assets to get both a a scoring winger AND a 1st Pair PMD, especially if they move Domi for Hanifin. And Ehlers would be much better for Montreal, if for no other reason than Ehlers is a significantly better player.

even if they view him as a center, is a scoring winger not what they need? 50-60 point lw isnt good enough for their scoring winger needs?

Montreal needs to add more size to their forward mix and need help at RW more than LW. Domi as a center should help them get a better fit in a trade. Domi as a LW probably means Montreal looks at moving someone else to either clear cap space to address the need differently or just stick with what they have.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Valimaki is incredibly talented and I fully expect him to become a steady top four player in short order. However to put all your eggs in one basket with a player who has missed the better part of the past two seasons would be incredibly short sighted. In addition to that Giordano will be 37 in two weeks time, and has began to show signs of regression.

I could theoretically see Hanifin being moved, but Domi just isn't that piece to do it, and another top four defensemen would have to be brought in via trade or free agency.

Keeping in mind, we're already down 1 top 4D in Brodie as of right now, and another kind of (but should not have been) in Hamonic. Moving Hanifin has out top 4 in all kinds of trouble. Hence why I didn't understand the rumour and didn't like ti right away. Sure, if you can get your potential top line centre in a Hanifin package, yes, do it. If you're just moving Noah to make a marginal upgrade somewhere you're better off holding onto him.

I don't hate the idea of Domi to Calgary, it seems fairly reasonable... I just don't know if either team has the right pieces to put it together

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Hanifin for Domi ??
Not sure 1 for 1 is fair. Maybe a slight add from the flames side? Domi is the better player right now but hanifin is also Younger and signed long term to a reasonable contract. Gives the flames a 2C, similar to the player they tried to acquire last year in Kadri and Mtl gets a Lhd to fit nicely in their top 4.
No thanks. Habs don't need more middle-pairing LHD. We have enough of those.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017

Edmundson will play LD and will be paired with Petry.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I prefer Ehlers over a defenseman. As much as I like an upgrade on LHD, we need scoring even more.

With Romanov and a few kids scratching at the door, we got enough to get by until Weber and Petry get too old.

Ehlers playing with Suzuki vision and smarts is likely to be a monster pairing.

Jets get their second line center, habs get a scorer.

Our problem...Bbinz is an idiot......

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
I prefer Ehlers over a defenseman. As much as I like an upgrade on LHD, we need scoring even more.

With Romanov and a few kids scratching at the door, we got enough to get by until Weber and Petry get too old.

Ehlers playing with Suzuki vision and smarts is likely to be a monster pairing.

Jets get their second line center, habs get a scorer.

Our problem...Bbinz is an idiot......

Ya that's the reason. Cuz if Berg could trade for Ehlers that easily, he wouldnt do it already.

I bet Chevy is calling him everyday to send us Ehlers/Laine for Domi.

Reactions: FedorTyutin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad