Value of: Max Domi - Mega Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
Pacioretty was a better player and had an extension in place with Vegas.
better goal scorer is all i could say about patches, he went invisible for stretches for us and domi is normally noticeable in every game hes in, patches is older aswell by a fair margin also

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I only trade Domi for a top 4 lhd or a top 6 rw who can score goals. Other option is a 1st pick but not lower than 14 OA.

if we can’t get that, we keep him.
Exact. Keeping him is not out of the question and trading him just to trade him... no.

Players efficiency can fluctuate from season to season (Domi is an example). We never know if another player struggles and Max finds his game again. His reluctance to play the wing has become an issue though. Initially, he was a winger, but the Habs moved him to center. In a way, I'd say the issue is on the Canadiens. Anyway, injuries can happen so he might get other opportunities.

I read that he belongs to the Habs for the next 2 years, in terms of being restricted I guess. So he might be helpful and if Julien eventually leave or is fired, he might get another look under a new coach. He had 72 points under basically the same circumstances but things change fast. Repeating a first line production is not easy because opponents get to know what you do and might prevent it now.

Reactions: Benstheman

Bigshow747

May 12, 2018
Any Domi trade would be a hockey trade (quality player deal) as opposed to quantity for quality. Habs are not lacking in depth or picks.

I agree. The other option is he's used in a package to get a bigger piece. Bergevin has been known to pull the trigger on the big trades (sometimes to his team's disadvantage). I've been trying to figure out just how valuable Domi is, and I think some teams are so desperate for a 2C that his value is increased even more than it is. He's still young, his 70 point season is still recent, and he plays with an edge. Montreal really needs scoring. And you could argue they need that more than defense with Romanov coming in.

Potential hockey trades in my mind could happen with Minnesota, Buffalo, Columbus, Winnipeg, Ottawa, the Rangers, San Jose, Anaheim***, or Florida*** (would have to add A LOT). Not sure about the value or if there are adds, and some of these are obviously not super realistic, but I could see a few of these being realistic one-for-one trades. Lindholm and Huberdeau are probably untouchable on their respective teams, BUT, this is what this site is for, which is dreaming. Both teams have been stagnant, and Montreal has the picks to maybe pry one of those guys away with Domi going the other way. It's realistic until the last two names at least. I think.

Brodin
Reinhart
Olofsson
Jokiharju
Bjorkstrand
Murray
Ehlers
Duclair
Buchnevich
Labanc
Rackell
Lindhom***
Huberdeau***

Last edited:

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
better goal scorer is all i could say about patches, he went invisible for stretches for us and domi is normally noticeable in every game hes in, patches is older aswell by a fair margin also

Domi will be 26 during next season. How old was Patches when he was traded?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Domi , 2020 1st and victor mete for Dennis gurianov ? Dallas has need for play making Center for pavelski on second line maybe ?

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I'd do Domi for Ehlers. Hell Is throw in a Mete since Jets are Def starved.

Drouin - Suzuki - Ehlers
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Byron - KK - Armia

And to keep Danault happy,we tell him he's playing on a 1b trio.

Otherwise, If Domi has to go, I try to move in the top 10 in this year's draft.

Pick 8 for Domi and we draft Sanderson and if he's not there at 8 then we draft Holtz or Raymond.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I'd do Domi for Ehlers. Hell Is throw in a Mete since Jets are Def starved.

Drouin - Suzuki - Ehlers
Tatar - Danault - Gally
Byron - KK - Armia

And to keep Danault happy,we tell him he's playing on a 1b trio.

Otherwise, If Domi has to go, I try to move in the top 10 in this year's draft.

Pick 8 for Domi and we draft Sanderson and if he's not there at 8 then we draft Holtz or Raymond.
Domi with his contact status and new agent doesn't have the value to consider in a trade for Ehlers and Mete does nothing to close the gap.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Domi with his contact status and new agent doesn't have the value to consider in a trade for Ehlers and Mete does nothing to close the gap.
Doesn't matter.
His RFA status is what counts.
And I'm pretty sure arbitration (if it comes to that) won't award him more than 5-5.5 million.

Domi, Mete and a say a 2md rounder is a good package for Ehlers.

I'm sure it would make Jets think.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs already have Elhers clones.

I know Domi alone won't get you that top line winger the Habs are after so packaging him could be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->