Value of: Max Domi - Mega Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Ya that's the reason. Cuz if Berg could trade for Ehlers that easily, he wouldnt do it already.

I bet Chevy is calling him everyday to send us Ehlers/Laine for Domi.
Bergevin : yaa no thx, Domi has good attitude and leadership 8)

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
14 no kapanen got 15 + b prospect. Top 10 yes

Kap has 2 years of contract and is only owed 4 million for those two years and then he is a RFA like Domi, the cost and 2years untill he is Domi RFA status has a lot of value Domi has no contract and is wanting to get paid.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Kap has 2 years of contract and is only owed 4 million for those two years and then he is a RFA like Domi, the cost and 2years untill he is Domi RFA status has a lot of value Domi has no contract and is wanting to get paid.

that's nice and all but Domi is a much better player and he's a center

LNFSPOc.png
94hfY6A.png

Last edited:

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
that's nice and all but Domi is a much better player

LNFSPOc.png

94hfY6A.png

Cool picture is only owed 4 million over the next 2 years than a RFA who can be qualified at a low cost?
Do you think if Domi was signed for two more years at super low cost and then was a RFA he would have more value than no contract looking for big bucks Domi?

Reactions: Merrrlin

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
That’s my point...you pay for what you get

but why are we comparing a middle 6 winger to a 2C who could potentially still become a 1C? i don't get it

Kapanen is closer to Paul Byron than he is to Domi. Let Domi sign his contract and then we can talk about whether or not he's overpaid and loses value, 6 to 7 M is fair value for him.

Last edited:

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
but why are we comparing a middle 6 winger to a 2C who could potentially still become a 1C? i don't get it

Kapanen is closer to Paul Byron than he is to Domi

Why am I comparing a middle six player under a super cheap contract who is a RFA after 2 years to a middle 6 C that is trying to get paid and has no contract? I wasn’t I told the previous person they are not comparable and one guy got a boost in value from his contract and length of time being able to control his rights going forward

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Why am I comparing a middle six player under a super cheap contract who is a RFA after 2 years to a middle 6 C that is trying to get paid and has no contract? I wasn’t I told the previous person they are not comparable and one guy got a boost in value from his contract and length of time being able to control his rights going forward

What are you talking about? Let him sign his contract first then we can talk about whether or not it's fair value. Also, Domi is a 2C right now, not a middle 6 C... look at his TOI and production.

You should speculate a bit less and make arguments based on facts, like for example Tavares getting paid 11M etc.. :)

Reactions: Zahra Starker

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
What are you talking about? Let him sign his contract first then we can talk about whether or not it's fair value. Also, Domi is a 2C right now, not a middle 6 C... look at his TOI and production.

You should speculate a bit less and make arguments based on facts, like for example Tavares getting paid 11M etc.. :)

It is based on facts. What has more value Domi making 4 million over the next 2 years then being a RFA or Domi with no contract looking to get paid?
Like I said these things gave Kap extra value and the person I answered says KAP got this so Domi gets at least that, they are not the same thing.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
It is based on facts. What has more value Domi making 4 million over the next 2 years then being a RFA or Domi with no contract looking to get paid?
Like I said these things gave Kap extra value and the person I answered says KAP got this so Domi gets at least that, they are not the same thing.

how do you know what Domi's or his agent's intentions are? Lol

Also, you're comparing apples to oranges. Kapanen and Domi aren't the same type of player, that's what we have comparables for . For example, a similar aged #1LD is a comparable for another 1 looking for a contract etc.

Last edited:

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
how do you know what Domi's or his agent's intentions are? Lol

you're comparing apples to oranges, Kapanen and Domi aren't the same type of players

Ok for the last time because your eyes are not taking this in. I explained to a person and to you they are not comparable and I explained why.
Common sense says he is looking to get paid because he has not signed meaning he is holding out for Max dollars, haaa

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Ok for the last time because your eyes are not taking this in. I explained to a person and to you they are not comparable and I explained why.
Common sense says he is looking to get paid because he has not signed meaning he is holding out for Max dollars, haaa

Domi's comparable is a player like Nylander, not Kapanen. If you wanted to talk about common sense that's who you'd be comparing him to. Also, you're talking about him wanting to get paid when the Stanley Cup still hasn't been handed out yet.. it's still a bit too early.

Here's the RFA list for this year, according to your logic all these guys are looking to get massive paydays (because they're not signed yet)? 2020 NHL Free Agents Tracker

Last edited:

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Domi has more value than Kappy NO MATTER how you look at it.

Reactions: Zahra Starker

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Well i guess Petry has more value than Pietrangelo going by YOUR facts.:facepalm:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cool picture is only owed 4 million over the next 2 years than a RFA who can be qualified at a low cost?
Do you think if Domi was signed for two more years at super low cost and then was a RFA he would have more value than no contract looking for big bucks Domi?

Kapanen is lower cost cause he's not as good as Domi bud. What is Domi looking for on a new contract? Hard to say. Probably around $6M ish

If the situation was reversed and the Habs had Kapanen and the Leafs had Domi, Leaf fans would be flipping out if Habs fans tried to say Kapanen had similar value to Domi. You know it's true!

Gaud

May 11, 2017

i know im nitpicking, but 2C IS middle 6 C :P

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
i know im nitpicking, but 2C IS middle 6 C :P

Not really. Middle 6C is 2C/3C. I see Domi as a top 6 puck possession winger who can play center if you need him too. Remember Marchand when he was 25? That's where Domi is today. Not saying Domi bust out like that in his prime either. He has the talent but needs a kick in the ass like Crosby and the boys did to Marchand at the Olympics

I don't see Domi becoming good on the faceoffs and 200' commitment to be honest. But having a top 6 forward with ability to play center in case of injuries is a good asset IMO.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016

yeah man, but most important, Kapanen is not an exciting addition to any team.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
what's your point? you pay for what you get

you're talking as if Kapanen is some hidden 1st line gem, he's a middle 6 forward

I think what he's actually saying is there is cost certainty with Kapanen. That holds value.

If it costs you 5.5-6m to sign Domi and you have to give him a lot more term, it definitely effects his value to an organization.

What are the rumours on his asking price?

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
Max Domi would look great in a NY Rangers jersey

What is the most realistic return for Domi according to Rangers fans (WIN-WIN)?

1. Buchnevich + Gauthier?
2. Chytil + Gauthier + pick?
3, Suggestions (MONTREAL DOESN'T NEED STROME BTW)?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Rangers don't have the pieces they would be willing part ways with to get Domi. Where is the prime piece you are offering? Those assets you offered are add on's to a bigger piece. If the situation was reversed and the Habs were calling the Rangers about Domi and offering pieces like this... Rangers would be offended.

Domi is not getting traded for cheap... like a 40-50 pts player. Try 60 pts and 25 goals as a 2C. Offer up something or we send him to arbitration for one year and let him gain back his age 23 value.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

no way giving up on Chytil and even Gauthier. Hard pass from this Rangers fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad