Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
He is not a good hockey player, last year was a total fluke of Pat Falloon proportions.

How come the guy can pile up points and be a key player on this team when he is focusing and playing hard ? How come he cannot repeat ? He sure can... if he wants it badly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Its a good trade even if the real Domi is only a 55 pts guy. A steal if he's 65+ points. Let's hope he's the latter.

Is he someone you’d be willing to commit long term to?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
He was better last game , the Jekyll/Hyde routine is getting old with a lot of our "value" pickups...Would be nice to ice some real talent that consistently keeps the other team on their toes.

Reactions: Tighthead

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Honestly, I really thought his play would be much better than what I'm seeing right now after his performance last year. If we were to just give him a long term contract, I'd be hesitant to go over 5M. Even then he's just been so bad lately that I'm not sure he deserves it. I do think he'll pick it up though.

The option may just be a bridge deal but we've been on the losing end of that one before. It would also make him a UFA if I'm not mistaken so it's a tough decision.

Personally, if I could lock him up to something like 5 years under 5 M, it's a risk I'd be willing to take and one that could look like a steal down the road. It wouldn't cripple us. Doubt Domi would do that though.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
He was better last game , the Jekyll/Hyde routine is getting old with a lot of our "value" pickups...Would be nice to ice some real talent that consistently keeps the other team on their toes.

Our top offensive forwards tend to be ersatz as opposed to elite.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I'm not terribly upset that he's having a down year. It means a better contract for us. I really believe he can produce closer to a ppg just like last year

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This season’s production gives pause, plus his defensive shortcomings. Having another season to get a better read of what he can do, can definitely help get a better idea of what to do contractually.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He's still getting key assists and is setting people up. Domi hasn't done anything with scoring chances, though he's trying. I think his second half will be strong, which might make a difference down the stretch.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'm not totally sold on Domi for long term. last year was last year. This present year he doesn't look so good. I would trade him to fill the left D spot anytime soon, since Suzuki seems a more natural center for long term, Drouin is good and maybe one of KK or Poehling will become something valuable in 2 years. But short term will lose Domi for the left D, we lose a bit of offence for next 2 years. I wonder who Habs might pick next june between 6th and 9th pick?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Its a good trade even if the real Domi is only a 55 pts guy. A steal if he's 65+ points. Let's hope he's the latter.

I don't know if Habs ruined his career or he was never going to get it (I don't think anyone can really prove either theory). The trade is fine when talking about potential for potential type trade. The issue is that for a 3rd overall pick (which we don't get very often) we don't have much to show for it...

Our last 2 top 10 picks ended up being Domi and Drouin respectively. Hopefully we figure it out with KK , not holding my breath with our track record...

Reactions: DangerDave

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
New broom got tired of sweeping clean?

He's definitely off. Don't even see that smirk much anymore. Disconcerting that this is what he is bringing to the table while working for that new contract. Or maybe it's part of MAB master plan. Make 'em suck so they have to sign for cheap. Need to keep accumulating Cap Space.

Who is the real Max Domi?

It is very telling of the type of team we have when we have to ask ourselves the same question about quite a few other bipolar players. Who's the real Petry? Who's the real Drouin? The real Price? The real Max?

I bet that under 12 months from now, we'll be asking ourselves the same question about Tuna.

Last edited:
Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Domi has everyone scratching their head this year.....he just seems off. Wondering if MB lowballed his agent back in September about a deal going forward?

Look for him to have a big 2nd half.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Domi has everyone scratching their head this year.....he just seems off. Wondering if MB lowballed his agent back in September about a deal going forward?

Look for him to have a big 2nd half.
What a subtle way of blaming MB for Domi having a weak first half.

maybe now improve the offer and we'll see his production rocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad