Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Innate ability. Gretzky had this "thing", it was a hockey I.Q. He had it in spades. Was it "developed" ? Of course. But you cant make chicken salad out of chicken sheet right? And Alex Garbage has very little of "hockey I.Q." floating through his DNA.
Had good numbers one season. Maybe two?

Max should surpass that.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He seems to lack focus at the moment.

The speed is there, the hands are there, the vision is there, the ability to create space for himself is there. He looks incredibly distracted.

Whatever it is that wrong with Domi, it's in his head.

Last edited:

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
Perhaps NYC is what he needs, can see where his book is on the NYT best seller list before his pregame nap.

Pat Riot

Sep 30, 2017

The speed is there, the hands are there, the vision is there, the ability to create space for himself is there. He looks incredibly distracted.

Whatever is wrong is in his head.

Hes probably thinking about his next contract.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hes probably thinking about his next contract.
Could be. Some players excel at proving themselves in a contract year to cash in, other crumble under the pressure to move they're worth the money. Maybe Domi is in the latter camp? Whatever it is, Domi's current struggles aren't because the talent isn't there.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Max had a good shift last game and that's when he made a good pass that lead to a good chance for Lehkonen. He was firm, crisp, intense, and that's what made him win his 1v1 battle along the board, then the crisp, quick dangle and the neat pass. He was focused. That's what's lacking in his game this year, that's how he should be playing. We've seen flashes this year, unlike last year where he was always (or close to it) like that.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Who is the real Max Domi?

That's a disconcerting question to ask but it needs to be asked.

Take last evening's game vs. NYR. Defensive lapses in his zone but had and created scoring chances.

I think the offensive ability is there. I'm not sure if he won't cough up what he gives you offensively if he remains at center. Suzuki at center and Domi on the wing and we can work with that.

Reactions: swimmer77

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Whatever it is that wrong with Domi, it's in his head.
That's what Arizona probably thought too, and then years later nothing changed.
Last year Domi seemed lucky, I mentioned it a few times too. He could close his eyes, get spun around 8 times, and still score top corner. Everything just went his way, that's not how it works 9/10 times. He just regressed back to his name as many predicted he would this summer.

We want to help Max, he needs a power forward scorer on his wing, and a good two way winger who can also create on the other side. Putting him with the plugs we have...I just dont get it.

It's not just him, it's like this team has no thought process about creating lines that actually could work. They just pick individuals randomly and hope it sticks. Same with the call ups.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That's a disconcerting question to ask but it needs to be asked.

Take last evening's game vs. NYR. Defensive lapses in his zone but had and created scoring chances.

I think the offensive ability is there. I'm not sure if he won't cough up what he gives you offensively if he remains at center. Suzuki at center and Domi on the wing and we can work with that.
Arizona Max is not helping this team. Disappointed in his lackadaisical play.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Coach was not happy about him last night, as evident in the post-game press scrum.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Arizona Max is not helping this team. Disappointed in his lackadaisical play.
I dont get this. Do you watch the game? Last couple of games he's not "lackadaisical" by any stretch. He's furry of speed and moves out there. It's just not translating into goals.
Once he gets around the net he seems clueless. Otherwise he's been solid. He carries the play a lot when he's out there.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I dont get this. Do you watch the game? Last couple of games he's not "lackadaisical" by any stretch. He's furry of speed and moves out there. It's just not translating into goals.
Once he gets around the net he seems clueless. Otherwise he's been solid. He carries the play a lot when he's out there.
Come on man...there is more to it than just skating. His entire play is off, his passes, turnovers at the blue lines. He is just off and most on here see it. Occasional assist and one 2 goal game is all he has to show since the Vegas game. How can he be clueless and solid at the same time per your post?

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
He plays with guys who can’t finish , would like to see him play with Gallagher but that doesn’t look like it will ever happen. Dano gets the best wingers.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
He plays with guys who can’t finish , would like to see him play with Gallagher but that doesn’t look like it will ever happen. Dano gets the best wingers.
It's always the other guy's fault. Forget the fact that he sucks since the season started.

Reactions: HKbleu

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Come on man...there is more to it than just skating. His entire play is off, his passes, turnovers at the blue lines. He is just off and most on here see it. Occasional assist and one 2 goal game is all he has to show since the Vegas game. How can he be clueless and solid at the same time per your post?
I agree he does turn the puck over, but it's probably because he has it so much.
He carries the play and has puck possession a lot. I'd bet if you looked at the stats he has the puck as much as any forward in the league minus the McJesus types.
Clueless AROUND THE NET. That's not that difficult to understand.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Alter ego vs Himself. Capable of the best and the worst. He hasn't to be overstressed. Got to keep his cool.

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
I did not watch the whole game but I loved his backhand saucer pass to Petry after the zone entry.

What did he do wrong during the game?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He is not a good hockey player, last year was a total fluke of Pat Falloon proportions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad