Player Discussion Max Domi - Maximus Dominatus Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
What are the rules on scoring an assist?

They stripped Domi of assist from Drouins goal. I get that Vegas guy smacked it in. But there was never possession there so I thought it was similar to a deflection?

Same with Tatar's goal. To me that is a clear assist there. NHL rule book anyone?

FedorTyutin

Jan 10, 2019
Most surprising stat this morning : up to this day, this season, in 13 games, Domi has a penalty minutes cumulative of... ZERO minutes. Amazing. Can't say he put us in any kind of trouble this season and must've considered the importance of discipline on the ice!

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Most surprising stat this morning : up to this day, this season, in 13 games, Domi has a penalty minutes cumulative of... ZERO minutes. Amazing. Can't say he put us in any kind of trouble this season and must've considered the importance of discipline on the ice!
Maybe this is why I feel he has not been very noticeable, while almost scoring at a PPG clip lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
@Runner77

Has this been brought to your attention already? Seeing as you've already made the Joker link to Domi with your photoshopping skills. Looks like you had a premonition:

Yes, thanks. Used it in both the Vegas GDT and PGT. What a great and timely choice by Domi.

HelloBellyvo

Jul 2, 2019
Is this new news or old?
Apparently their has been contract talk between Domi and MB , Domi wants 3 years at 6.5 million per and MB wants a long term 5 year at what could be 7.5-8 million per.

Upon further review I've discovered this was an assumption by Arpon Basu based on other players of same calibre.

Actual quote
That, to me, looks like something Domi might be interested in doing. Adjusted for inflation, let’s say Domi signs for three years at $6.5-million a year and hits UFA at age 28. That would give him the best chance to cash in large on another contract. If the Canadiens want to go longer-term, which I imagine they would, you could up the annual average value to $7.5 million on a five-year deal, allowing Domi to hit UFA at 30. It might even cost the Canadiens $8-million a year to go five years on the contract.

Last edited:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Is this new news or old?
Apparently their has been contract talk between Domi and MB , Domi wants 3 years at 6.5 million per and MB wants a long term 5 year at what could be 7.5-8 million per.
Im okay with both. 6.5 for three gives us a massive cheap window to try and compete right now, 7.5-8 gives the habs a great salary for a longer time. Lets hope they settle at 7.5 for 6 or something.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Is this new news or old?
Where did you read this?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Looks like Arizona Domi is back. Floating, uninterested, invisible for long stretches.

callmek2

Go Habs Go!
Oct 5, 2011
I wouldn't mind a few PIMs. Angry Domi is more involved and dangerous offensively.

Just poorly timed ones.

Reactions: Canadienna

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
One point in his last 5 games.

I love Domi, but we have actual centers now.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Suzuki - Byron
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Should all get fairly equal minutes, with TDG getting slightly more to shutdown the really top heavy teams.

Putting him on the wing isn't a demotion, I just think he's more suited to it, and it leaves him more room to "cheat" defensively.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I had said about a week ago that he probably was sulking. It could be his Type 1 that is acting up. Knowing regular folks having to battle the disease, I just can't imagine how tough it must be for an elite athlete. Blood levels go up and down as fast as you can say diabeties. People who live with it will tell you that you get from being excitable to being apathetic in about 1 minute.

Maybe that's what bothering him more than his linemates, his icetime and his contract.

Not trying to make up excuses for him. It's a fact of life when you have Type 1.

Reactions: G0bias

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Is this new news or old?

Wanting 3 seasons only means that guy is not sure he wants to be here long term. Getting 8M per for 5 seasons is pretty immense for a player of his caliber.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Is this new news or old?

Both of those would be fantastic. I think of prefer the latter tbh. 5 years at 8 million is the cheap end for me. I was thinking with all these 11 million dollar contracts being handed out like Halloween candy that he was going to atleast get upwards of 9

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
One point in his last 5 games.

I love Domi, but we have actual centers now.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Domi - Suzuki - Byron
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Armia

Should all get fairly equal minutes, with TDG getting slightly more to shutdown the really top heavy teams.

Putting him on the wing isn't a demotion, I just think he's more suited to it, and it leaves him more room to "cheat" defensively.
Not sure Suzy is ready for 2nd C duties right now. He's holding his own on the 4th line while getting favorable matchups. That along with PP time seems to be his sweet spot at the moment.

Jul 6, 2016
Don't know, flash in the pan?

He's not the player from last year that's for sure.

Might be his health condition ?... Contract negotiation ? Wingers ? Not having a single penalty is a bad sign coming from a guy like Domi.

Reactions: BLONG7

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As several of you have pointed it out in this thread, something looks off with Domi.

Dany Dubé has taken him to task with this:

Main points raised by Dubé:
  • He's not playing as he did last year. After more than 300 NHL games, you're supposed to have found the recipe, your niche, how to behave on the ice. Often when you get penalized, it means you are part of the action.
  • Surprising that Domi has no penalty minutes so far this season.
  • Offensive output: last year after 17 games, he had 21 points (9G, 12A). This year he's posted 4G and 8A for 12 points.
  • His SOGs have dropped significantly during his last 7 games (except for his last game).
  • Domi has completely changed his identity by playing in a manner that is totally different when compared to last season.
What is really going on? Is he worrying about a contract?

Reactions: sandviper

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Yea not a huge fan of his play thus far, hopefully he begins to pick it up because if not, I would be worried about giving him a big long term contract. He has only proved himself for what? one year in 4-5 years in the nhl.

Reactions: angusyoung

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He was pretty good last game.
Although he seems to try to make highlight real moves too often. Need to cut back on that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad