Value of: Max Domi in a hockey trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Out of curiosity, habs fans, do you think the targets in a Domi trade would be different if the habs hadn't participated in the playoffs? I see these proposals for Brodin/Dumba/Fowler and i honestly wonder if that's the best route. Personally i'd much rather obtain futures, especially a quality winger prospect like Poulin/Kravstov/Vesalainen or a RD like Lundkvist/Jokiharju.
Guy like Brodin IS the future. He's 27, which means he's just entering prime for this kind of defenceman. You get at least 5 years of quality hockey from him. I would imagine GMs are rarely planning for longer than that. Fowler's a different story. I don't think we should pursue him.

Last edited:

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
If Montreal still had Sergachev I could actually see interest on winnipeg's side. Is there any thing else worth the Jets time?

Laine for domi, 1st, prospect?

Last edited:

the paisanos guy

the hell do i know about cooking a shirt?
Dec 6, 2010
If the prospect is Caufield/Romanov the value is probably getting close, but Jets would ask for Suzuki/KK + (rightfully so) and talks would end there

Habs should just see what Caufield turns into as far as goal scoring wingers go.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
I always laugh at ''his value is even lower''
How many times we heard this stupid argument on hfboard and 2 weeks after the players in question got good returns.
Based on those stupid facts , almost no players would have any value
The lowered value statement would be true if the league didnt have 30 teams competing and bring that value back up. In situations where there is an extremely small NTC list, and either little interest or cap space, then it can be true, which is where I think they narrative comes from.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Domi will play LW when he will see that he will play with Suzuki or KK. Domi want to play offensive and with KK or Suzuki he will be able to do it.

So Domi will stay with Montreal and he will play with a great center.

Reactions: malcb33

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Again i don't believe we should do any trade involving getting a D back because of the expansion.It fills up one of our 3 slots which means we lose another D-man because of any trade.If we wait till after the expansion then we know exactly what we have.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Domi will play LW when he will see that he will play with Suzuki or KK. Domi want to play offensive and with KK or Suzuki he will be able to do it.

So Domi will stay with Montreal and he will play with a great center.
That would be awesome for these boards. No more Domi And scraps for the other team’s star player trade offers from Hab fans!

Reactions: SI

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
In general I find the discussions of "value" on here to be trite and pointless, especially regarding players that aren't actively being shopped. If your stance is that Brodin isn't likely to return more than Pacioretty in a trade I'm happy to leave you to that opinion.

Guerin's plan is pretty clearly to acquire a goalie and a center while continuing to build through the draft. I'm sure Domi would be a nice addition, but if the price is Brodin (which it could well be) I don't see a deal happening. That's all.
I would not trade Domi for Brodin or even consider till after June 2021

Reactions: DC Comics

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What about Fowler as a target for Montreal? I know he's injured a lot, but they do need a lefty who can move the puck. A deal around Fowler and Domi could make sense, though Fowler is a bit older. What would Montreal have to add if anything to get Fowler and Silfverberg with a base of Domi?
Once again Cam Fowler has a 4 team trade list, Guarantee you 100% that Montreal isn't on it.

Reactions: DC Comics

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
I'd honestly rather keep Domi as a LW, with the option of playing him at C if there are injuries to Danault, Suzuki or KK. If we have to move a forward to fill another need or for cap purposes, I'd rather it be Drouin or Tatar.
The problem is this is an illusion that Domi can play LW. He is an effective LW for the Habs. He was not an effective one for the Yotes. Domi can be a Top 6 C but not a Top 6 LW.

DC Comics

Dec 30, 2019
Out of curiosity, habs fans, do you think the targets in a Domi trade would be different if the habs hadn't participated in the playoffs? I see these proposals for Brodin/Dumba/Fowler and i honestly wonder if that's the best route. Personally i'd much rather obtain futures, especially a quality winger prospect like Poulin/Kravstov/Vesalainen or a RD like Lundkvist/Jokiharju.

Why the rush to trade for a player who has already hit his prime, when habs are 2-3 years away from being realistic contenders?

Also, upgrading LD on short term doesn't seem like a priority when the right side is elite, Chiarot is playing great, Kulak is solid and Romanov will certainly play next season.

I would vastly prefer obtaining assets that will contribute to the only core that might win a cup, which is still under 22 and developping.
You are hitting the nail right on the head

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
What about Fowler as a target for Montreal? I know he's injured a lot, but they do need a lefty who can move the puck. A deal around Fowler and Domi could make sense, though Fowler is a bit older. What would Montreal have to add if anything to get Fowler and Silfverberg with a base of Domi?

Putting aside Fowler's trade protection, are you actually claiming that Domi alone is worth both Fowler and Silfverberg? That seems insane to me.

Both players are favorites of duck management. The ducks are not in a position to deal Fowler at this point given the lack of depth on the d-core (maybe that changes if there's a tear down) - he's a bit overpaid but the term is not necessarily a bad thing since it covers his prime. Manson seems more likely to go. And Silf is their best two way forward. Given contract and age, I think he could be available at some point.

I like Domi and think he's the kind of player the Ducks should target. But he's really hard to value given the up and down seasons, the fact that he's now created drama at two stops, and the fact that he's looking to get paid as a RFA. I think that brings the value down, but of course I could be wrong.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
I'm curious....how does your best center at the age of 24 not fit long term?
Montreal can't allow Danault to reach unrestricted free agency and take the chance on losing him for nothing .

Montreal would rather keep Danault and trade Domi but if Montreal can't get Danault signed to an extension they will likely trade him and keep Domi.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Montreal can't allow Danault to reach unrestricted free agency and take the chance on losing him for nothing .

Montreal would rather keep Danault and trade Domi but if Montreal can't get Danault signed to an extension they will likely trade him and keep Domi.
Why would Danault sign an extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad