Value of: Max Domi in a hockey trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Dynamite

Apr 23, 2019
I think Max domi doesn't fit well in the long term vision of Montreal. It's risky to move a player like him, but I could see the canadiens move him in a hockey trade 1 vs 1 probably come draft day. What would you offer for Max domi? ONLY Propose 1 on 1 trades, preferably for a LD.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I’m guessing his numbers fell off a cliff yet nothing will be good enough because he is Way better than the numbers show. It’s tough to trade a guy with no contract, I’m going to say a second rounder and a B prospect

Reactions: MrGone

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I think Max domi doesn't fit well in the long term vision of Montreal. It's risky to move a player like him, but I could see the canadiens move him in a hockey trade 1 vs 1 probably come draft day. What would you offer for Max domi? ONLY Propose 1 on 1 trades, preferably for a LD.
In what way does he not fit? He’s the perfect age. He never takes a shift off. He loves playing in Montreal. He fits just fine

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm curious....how does your best center at the age of 24 not fit long term?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Couldn't happen until July, which would put a crimp in things if a different center trade comes along sooner. For whatever it's worth I doubt he'd be hard to extend at $5.5m or so.
The Habs are not really in a position to move a young asset for Brodin, unless they are sure it's a long term investment.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
That would be the kind of trade I would do for Domi. No picks, no prospects. Just filling a need with player of the same age.

the choice of the player would depend on the direction the team takes. As I said a lot of time earlier, I think Habs need to stabilize defense. That way, Brodin is by far the better of the three. If we decide to not sell assets like Tatar and Petry, he would be the player I’d choose. Though I would only do it this summer, knowing his demands and knowing we extend him after the trade.

if we decide to sell assets, I would probably go with one of Dumba or Nurse.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Domi got very over rated last year. He's been a passenger most of the year for the Habs, and they want to see if they can sell him as a difference maker before being forced to sign him to a big deal.

That's why some fans are wanting to move him.
There is absolutely no rush to move Domi, but your expert opinion on the Habs is certainly appreciated.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Domi got very over rated last year. He's been a passenger most of the year for the Habs, and they want to see if they can sell him as a difference maker before being forced to sign him to a big deal.

Must have missed the part where I said there was a rush.

Seems like you can't understand even your own posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad