Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
1684102728095.png

Reactions: Mosby

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Exactly what Matthew Tkachuk said a year ago about Calgary.
Really, what else could he say? He still has 1 more year before free agency. Would Toronto force him to play if he says I won't re-sign? How would the most fickled fans in sports react? It's obvious that the Leafs should just trade him to the Coyotes for anything they can get!

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Exactly what Matthew Tkachuk said a year ago about Calgary.
I have no idea what Matthew's has planned but I never saw Tkachuk say that last year.

Really, what else could he say? He still has 1 more year before free agency. Would Toronto force him to play if he says I won't re-sign? How would the most fickled fans in sports react? It's obvious that the Leafs should just trade him to the Coyotes for anything they can get!
As I listened today I thought A) he either means it or B) that's a really bad answer as an easier one would be the Agent will deal with that.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I have no idea what Matthew's has planned but I never saw Tkachuk say that last year.

As I listened today I thought A) he either means it or B) that's a really bad answer as an easier one would be the Agent will deal with that.
I'd say C) he said what he had to to get out of there without creating animosity, afterall it was an exit interview and re-signing may be plan B if the arena deal fails.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'd say C) he said what he had to to get out of there without creating animosity, afterall it was an exit interview
Yeah and that won't cause him any hassle going forward. Less is more when you don't want to give an answer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad