Post-Game Talk: Matthews with a 4pt night and the Oiler win 7-1

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
I only caught the first period. Was the final shot total indicative of the play and Oil got lucky? Or were a lot of the Flames shots from the perimeter?

I did not expect this result given how desperate the Flames appeared going into the game.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Andrew Mangiapane was interviewed on 960. "We think we have a good team here, we have great depth, we just have to play our game and the wins will come"

CEW.gif

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Those guys on 960 are reals homers

Media in Edmonton hate the team players and 960 media singing praises after a 7-1 loss

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
I only caught the first period. Was the final shot total indicative of the play and Oil got lucky? Or were a lot of the Flames shots from the perimeter?

I did not expect this result given how desperate the Flames appeared going into the game.
Oilers good

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

Oilers got ahead early despite being outshot. The lopsided shot totals are a combo of score effects (team not pushing super hard after about the halfway point) and lots of perimeter shooting from the Flames.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

Koskinen was probably the best Oiler after Connor.

Lots of good chances, but he was dialed in.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Lots of shots for the Flames, but I'd say the Oilers easily had the more dangerous chances. Koskinen was really good too.

The Oilers were also doing their best not to get Calgary's coach or GM fired.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So far their radio guys are finding a massive amount of positives for the Flames. Millions (hugest homer in the world) says he likes what he saw and that the game wasn’t that bad

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

no wonder Flames fans are so stupid if these are the “experts” breaking it down for them. My god.

F7A76182-D092-493B-9152-64CC0D79EE18.jpeg

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
What scares me is that Nurse is finally playing very well and is becoming a legit good top pairing D....just in time for UFA....This reminds me a lot of the Petro situation in STL. He was 'OKAY' with flashes of brilliance and regular slumps, finally plays some Norris caliber hockey in his contract year and then wants waaaay too much, money, term and NMC. Blues were smart to just let him walk and replace him with Krug. I hope Holland is prepared to make the same tough choices with Nurse, no reason to overpay him when there is a large potential for a relapse into the Nurse we've been bitching about for years.
Nurse will be fine - every one in management know that and he likes it here

need to draft and develop number 1 d men

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad